USB Remote Control Fix for Finless 2.0 ROM - not working 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Yes, but I think this was an isolated problem, because I only read about this one case (and I have no idea what truly happend)...
    Yes, for sure appears to have been an isolated incident. I have been expecting Minix to update us, I know they asked for the box so that they could inspect it.

I would like to know what their opinion is.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      hmmm, long time ago, but if I remember correctly, the device is also able to powered by USB (I had to use an active HUB at one of my 2,5" HDD's (because it needs to much power at spin-on) and recognized it was on after unplug the PSU)...

If it works at you by connected OTG, maybe it is the same effect?

So why don't you guys use a micro USB to USB cable and connect your X8 (OTG) to the USB port of your TV (if exist) and use this as an interims solution? Only an idea...
      Hehehe... sorry but I tried this myself thinking I could get around the USB power shutdown. NOPE! It's not just really power but the data lines are going below required levels not really the power on the pins.
      So you know all the USB ports are hard wired together so if you put power on OTG, yes this will power the box. But this low voltage sleep is on the chip not on the actual pins and it puts the GPIO data lines down to .25mw.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...