X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first, thank u for your replay

so if i understand correctly,
    Originally posted by Skelmy View Post
    That is not actually the correct firmware, this is http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4...140929.img.rar that is the firmware on its own. I have the whole firmware pack that was given me from the manufacturer of this specific device.
    this is the same rom as i have installed right now?

Can u give me some pointers to make backup before i root?

Comment

Did we find the correct stock firmware for this box? I bought it from Banggood and I managed to brick it. Using Skelmy's rom I also get the 4 penguins and then reboots. The SmartTV one does the same. Neomode did you manage to find the rom?

Thanks guys!

Comment

if u tell me how to create copy of my sistem i gladly send u that copy

Comment

Originally posted by endvatri View Post
          if u tell me how to create copy of my sistem i gladly send u that copy
          I suppose this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nou65pgpf...ow_to.zip?dl=0 will work. There are instructions in the txt inside. I don't know if there is an easier way, maybe someone could help in that regard?

Thanks a lot for considering it!

Comment

This is one way

I don't know this way
            rkDumper Utility for backup firmware of RockChip's devices Version 1.1.1.0 Windows 1. Makes dump of NAND by partitions according "parameter" information (RKFW/RKAF formats) 2. Creates config.cfg for RKAndroidTool (1.xx, 2.xx) Notes: 1. All...

(http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post269809 )
            Last but not least
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10129-Backing-up-your-RK-device-(ROM)-with-the-new-RK-2-1-tool&p=243174&viewfull=1#post243174
            (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ckchip-devices)
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by mindtrapper View Post
              Thanks a lot for considering it!
              this will take few days cause i have do factory reset first. And i just set it us the way i like.

Comment

Originally posted by endvatri View Post
                this will take few days cause i have do factory reset first. And i just set it us the way i like.
                I don't think you need to factory reset mate. There is no need to also send me your user.img or data folder or whatever. Just the other basic stuff. Parameter, loader, boot, kernel, system, recovery etc.

Here is a photo of the board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150113_173934.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	435988

Also, if it helps, when booting up it showed "android" no penguins and no "Smart TV". Maybe that narrows it down? One of the many firmwares I have downloaded did show "android" but stuck in a boot loop after that... I am desperate.
                Last edited by mindtrapper; 01-16-2015, 23:14.

Comment

Managed to fix it, bloody finally. The correct Rom is:cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_141107_4.4_8g2g

Erased idb with batch tool, used restore in android tool. During the process I had hdmi disconnected, maybe that helped because I am sure I had flashed this Rom before.

The Rom is exactly like the one it had from the factory. Xbmc, YouTube, Netflix and cloud tv installed.

Comment

Resolution question

Managed to fix it, bloody finally. The correct Rom is:cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_141107_4.4_8g2g

Erased idb with batch tool, used restore in android tool. During the process I had hdmi disconnected, maybe that helped because I am sure I had flashed this Rom before.

The Rom is exactly like the one it had from the factory. Xbmc, YouTube, Netflix and cloud tv installed.
                    Do you have 1080p in you device?... I ask you this since I cant change in XBMC nither the display mode nor the resolution.

Regards

Lp

Comment

Originally posted by lukp79 View Post
                      Do you have 1080p in you device?... I ask you this since I cant change in XBMC nither the display mode nor the resolution.

Regards

Lp
                      No, it doesn't.

Comment

Yes you are right about the Rom, it does work, and i manage to bring the box back to life using it. The only thing missing is the HDMI output, but it does works fine on the A/V output. One other thing is that its a bit slow responding the the remote control. But at least i can use it now, so i'm happy. Regards, Robert.

Comment

Hi guyz. Thanks for the info. Anybody know for cs918 v2_6 20140929 which custom rom may work ? I have hdmi flickering problem

Comment

Originally posted by willyboy1982 View Post
                            Hi guyz. Thanks for the info. Anybody know for cs918 v2_6 20140929 which custom rom may work ? I have hdmi flickering problem

Yeah this one I have had running for ages, http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....mware-for.html its for 1gb of ram but I have it rooted and set up with 2gb of Linux SWAP ram with an APP from playstore for it Simple SWAP.

Here is the stock firmware as well http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4...140929.img.rar

The flickering never happens on my box so, try the one I posted first, if that does not work then try that one. if it stops it cool if not, then its another problem. Before you do try Semper Media Player first and just copy your addons folder and User Data folders to back up the ones for Kodi or XBMC

http://spmc.semperpax.com/ << This is the best version of Kodi for Android in my opinion, it's the most stable.

Comment

Hi guyz here is the site u can download firmwares for this device http://kaopu.so/pan/cyxtech . some of the cs918 8723 written firmwares work on this device. the firware i am using is rk31_cs918_8723_150121_4.4_8g1g_v7.0. this is the latest but it only shows 1gb of ram. Do a trial n error because many firmwares work but i dont remember. Be carefull sometimes u have to put your device into mask rom flash mode by opening your device n shorting some pins of ic on pcb just google it

Comment

hi lads wondering if ya can give a paddy a bit of help please : )
                                i got 1 of theses boards been trying different firmware all week to solve the hdmi flickering but still no joy i just flashed the above firmware all works but still flickering until i drop the display to 480p then its stable but this is no good for me big tv if ya know wot i mean
                                all ideas n suggestions will be grateful
                                lol if we get this sorted i give ya an irish blessing for good luck : )
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X