No announcement yet.

Three choices for the best 9.7"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really really nice! My only concern is its $260 but this happened to me before where when I got it I had to pay money to release it from customs.. And it was quite a bit here in the uk.. So instead of it being £165 its likely to be about £200 in the end.. Not really worth the wait and the hassle when for an extra 50-100 quid you can have pretty much top of the range tablets..

What's your experience with tax/customs?

Comment

Originally posted by lex_q View Post
      Looks really really nice! My only concern is its $260 but this happened to me before where when I got it I had to pay money to release it from customs.. And it was quite a bit here in the uk.. So instead of it being £165 its likely to be about £200 in the end.. Not really worth the wait and the hassle when for an extra 50-100 quid you can have pretty much top of the range tablets..

What's your experience with tax/customs?
      None here yet in the states, but that will change in coming years I would think. We are fast losing freedom to the uber statists who would have tax heavy big government as the norm!

Sorry for injecting the political there. Just chaps my hide to see freedom going down the drain!
      Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Nice! I want to know more reviews about this, where can I get more infomation?
        Keedox Official website :www.Keedox.com

Buy Keedox TV Box on Amazon : Keedox-Amazon-US

If you can help Keedox products make video reviews, please PM me or send email to [email protected] .

Comment

Originally posted by Keedox View Post
          Nice! I want to know more reviews about this, where can I get more infomation?
          If you are looking for info on the Cube T9 - the new coming 64 bit model, here is a thread going now.

Comment

Hi,

It seems that this topic is wandering a bit.

I am also looking at replacing my 2012 nexus 7 and I have researched the tablets mentioned by the OP and its hard to make a decision as they all have their pros and cons.

It seems that the cube 9x seems to be the overall winner.
            I am on the fence of ordering one myself right... what are the chances that it will get lollipop?

Comment

Originally posted by hammerjoe View Post
              Hi,

It seems that this topic is wandering a bit.

I am also looking at replacing my 2012 nexus 7 and I have researched the tablets mentioned by the OP and its hard to make a decision as they all have their pros and cons.

It seems that the cube 9x seems to be the overall winner.
              I am on the fence of ordering one myself right... what are the chances that it will get lollipop?
              I have just bought the T9 from geekbuying.com and waiting it's arrival. Cost was/is 259 USD there, but with code RLRBNUOT you've got 6% discount which is somewhere around 245 USD. That is the best price I have seen anywhere. Geekbuying gets very good reviews at reseller.com.

Also they have a very low upgrade cost to get DHL shipping, which is what I used. I also added a few dollors for some offered insurance against possible problems ...delivery & return if needed.

The 9X is a definitly a winner as well. Had one for a spell till I dropped/destroyed it.
              It is thinner by a bit than the T9 and a bit lighter, but the T9 has more power and is 64 bit for better throughput overall.

Both are winners. THere are a number of white 9Xs for less than 200.00. Merimobiles has a black one for a bit over 200.00 with a 5.00 coupon code ....(555 if I recall). Should bring the black one down to 201.00.

Both should get LPop before long. CUbe seems to better about updating than some others.

I wish you well.

Comment

At this time I dont want to invest in the T9 and would prefer to stay around $200.00US.

64bit processing is probably still take awhile to get mainstream and by that time prices should be lower.

The 9X should still be good for awhile I think and its cheaper than the T9.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerjoe View Post
                  At this time I dont want to invest in the T9 and would prefer to stay around $200.00US.

64bit processing is probably still take awhile to get mainstream and by that time prices should be lower.

The 9X should still be good for awhile I think and its cheaper than the T9.
                  Then there are a number of choices. $201 at MM should be strong. Even less for a white one.

As for 64 bit, I do think it has to do with throughput speed, like doubling the lanes (over 32 bit) that data can travel over. It should make for a much smoother tablet.

Someone correct my thinking if I am off base. Just curious ....mind you!

Again ...you can'go wrong with the 9X. Keep us posted on your experience.

Comment

From everything I have read 64 bit in terms of day to day stuff has no difference. Most of the stuff running in the 64bit CPUs is actually 32bit so no change there. The only stuff it should affect is high computational tasks such as large databases or video editing or some such stuff.. Nothing you would use a tablet for.. Unless maybe gaming. But that would mean games would need to be made in 32 and 64 bit versions which I highly doubt makes financial/marketable sense. If it does make a difference it won't be till the vast majority of users are in a 64bit environment... I could of course have completely misunderstood everything I've read and watched so take it with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Also can I ask what the screens are like in terms of brightness and colour? I nearly bought a HP tablet for a mere 80GBP here except the screen was so dim I decided its probably better to get a t9 like you did. Any chance of a mini review?

Comment

Originally posted by lex_q View Post
                        Also can I ask what the screens are like in terms of brightness and colour? I nearly bought a HP tablet for a mere 80GBP here except the screen was so dim I decided its probably better to get a t9 like you did. Any chance of a mini review?
                        I am going to try a bit of a review when I get mine today, but it does depend on what else is on my table.

I am in and out all day; hope I am here when DHL tries to deliver!

Comment

Working...
                        X