X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the newest official M8 firmware

Hi,

I'm looking on

at the various firmware releases for the M8. I can't figure out the dates. I would have expected this to the newest:

20141208 EM8 (Old PCBA)
    uploading update guide: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJx88Oz
    XBMC 13.2 FW = http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgyuDVa
    XBMC 14.0 FW= http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGh3KgQ

But then, it's at the bottom and also, it says the current date is

2014-04-18 05:06:27 ????

I'm guessing it might be a translation error. Has anybody tried this firmware and does it fix the interlacing issue? If not can somebody say if the interlacing issues is resolved in any of the custom roms or openelec or xbmcbuntu?

Don't worry I will prize apart my box first and post pictures before i run any updates, I've heard some horror stories!

I would really like a decent remote desktop so I can remote out of this box to my main pc. This would allow me to essentially have a working computer in the lounge. The android remote desktop app isn't good enough as it expects touch input.

Sorry lots of questions! this is fun!

Originally posted by sparkymark79 View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking on

at the various firmware releases for the M8. I can't figure out the dates. I would have expected this to the newest:

20141208 EM8 (Old PCBA)

I'm guessing it might be a translation error. Has anybody tried this firmware and does it fix the interlacing issue? If not can somebody say if the interlacing issues is resolved in any of the custom roms or openelec or xbmcbuntu?

Don't worry I will prize apart my box first and post pictures before i run any updates, I've heard some horror stories!

I would really like a decent remote desktop so I can remote out of this box to my main pc. This would allow me to essentially have a working computer in the lounge. The android remote desktop app isn't good enough as it expects touch input.

This seems to be the latest. I am interested in the one with xbmc14. I am currently downloading it but it is taking forever. I will try it tonight or tomorrow. All of justme rom's don't have any interlacing issue.

Comment

The xbmc14 rom bricked my m8n box twice so just be careful it could be one of there scripts as I am not feeling brave enough to try to just flash there zip file for 3rd time lucky !

Comment

Originally posted by LostInKontrol View Post
        The xbmc14 rom bricked my m8n box twice so just be careful it could be one of there scripts as I am not feeling brave enough to try to just flash there zip file for 3rd time lucky !
        Mine is em8 (m8) and it is currently bricked too. I have been struggling to revive it for the past 3hrs without success. I also used ver with kodi14. Stupid ENY I will never buy a box from them again.

Comment

ENY shipped it to you bricked?

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
          Mine is em8 (m8) and it is currently bricked too. I have been struggling to revive it for the past 3hrs without success. I also used ver with kodi14. Stupid ENY I will never buy a box from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by supersonic835 View Post
            ENY shipped it to you bricked?
            They didn't ship it bricked but they released a firmware that broke it. Luckily I got it working again using the usb tools and probox img file. Then I tried the eny firmware for second time and it was bricked again. Now I am running justme rom. No more eny software or hardware.

Comment

ok, good to know

They didn't ship it bricked but they released a firmware that broke it. Luckily I got it working again using the usb tools and probox img file. Then I tried the eny firmware for second time and it was bricked again. Now I am running justme rom. No more eny software or hardware.

Comment

what screen do you get? can you post picture.

I don't believe that the unit is fully bricked and it can be rescued
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                  what screen do you get? can you post picture.

I don't believe that the unit is fully bricked and it can be rescued
                  there is no picture to post. The unit wasn't booting and the blue led quickly flashes and stays off. There was no output to the TV but the red led on the optical port stays red. I had to short the jumper inside the box to enable otg mode and then used minix aml usb tools to load probox img file before going back to your 1.5 rom. Your 1.6 rom boots into a black screen for me.

Comment

there is no picture to post. The unit wasn't booting and the blue led quickly flashes and stays off. There was no output to the TV but the red led on the optical port stays red. I had to short the jumper inside the box to enable otg mode and then used minix aml usb tools to load probox img file before going back to your 1.5 rom. Your 1.6 rom boots into a black screen for me.

1. get blank sd card 1gb or higher
                    2. load burnBootCard format sd and load the uboot.bin file
                    3 after load the .wps extention file on sd card via windows
                    4 place sd in device
                    5. short pins 17&18 of the tsop 48pin chip dot being pin 1 there is pictures posted here on forums
                    6. have jumper over otg port pins ( view photo)

7. get probex.img file ready from freaktab forums
                    8 open up usb burn tool & load the probex img file
                    9. have the reset button pressed while connecting power to the device
                    10. connect usb cable and wait for windows to reconise the device and for usb burn tool to show up hub it may take upto 1 minute while reset button is still pressed
                    11. then once reconised force flash
                    12. keep repeating the process you will get few percentage higher each time

I'm sure some posted on forum a methid could of been on another forum cannopt remember now when i get back home later today I am sure i saved the link could of even been no spam me

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      1. get blank sd card 1gb or higher
                      2. load burnBootCard format sd and load the uboot.bin file
                      3 after load the .wps extention file on sd card via windows
                      4 place sd in device
                      5. short pins 17&18 of the tsop 48pin chip dot being pin 1 there is pictures posted here on forums
                      6. have jumper over otg port pins ( view photo)

7. get probex.img file ready from freaktab forums
                      8 open up usb burn tool & load the probex img file
                      9. have the reset button pressed while connecting power to the device
                      10. connect usb cable and wait for windows to reconise the device and for usb burn tool to show up hub it may take upto 1 minute while reset button is still pressed
                      11. then once reconised force flash
                      12. keep repeating the process you will get few percentage higher each time

I'm sure some posted on forum a methid could of been on another forum cannopt remember now when i get back home later today I am sure i saved the link could of even been no spam me
                      Thank you so much Justme. I actually resurrected mine using only step 7 to 11. My img file was in the computer and it worked that way. It flashed 100% with the first trial.

Comment

Thank you so much Justme. I actually resurrected mine using only step 7 to 11. My img file was in the computer and it worked that way. It flashed 100% with the first trial.
                        that is fantastic news well done

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by sparkymark79 View Post
                          Hi,

I'm looking on

20141208 EM8 (Old PCBA)

Please be carefull if you want upgrade with this new fw because can brick your M8 like mine, but thanks to JustMe with PROBOX2-EX-upgrade-tool methode it work again. After fix my M8, I try to upgrade again with that fw (with xbmc 13.2 fw) without file u-boot.bin & amlauto-script.
                          with new fw, so far i'm not find interlacing issues

Comment

Originally posted by noviegoer View Post
                            Please be carefull if you want upgrade with this new fw because can brick your M8 like mine, but thanks to JustMe with PROBOX2-EX-upgrade-tool methode it work again. After fix my M8, I try to upgrade again with that fw (with xbmc 13.2 fw) without file u-boot.bin & amlauto-script.
                            with new fw, so far i'm not find interlacing issues
                            Also once you install this firmware it will prevent you from installing custom ones. I even tried to remove xbmc that came with it but it kept reinstalling it automatically. The one that came with it was very bad for me. Just avoid it.

Comment

Also once you install this firmware it will prevent you from installing custom ones. I even tried to remove xbmc that came with it but it kept reinstalling it automatically. The one that came with it was very bad for me. Just avoid it.
                              After flash to new ENY M8 FW 20141208 EM8 (Old PCBA) (with XBMC 13.2) i uninstall that xbmc 13.2 and replace with Kodi 14, i can't flash with xbmc 14 fw because that firmware i downloaded has corrupt file.
                              for prevent from xbmc reinstalling automaticall you can delete xbmc app from system/pre_app

Comment

Working...
                              X