• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by methead View Post
    I have this stick
    Rom for this stick - https://yadi.sk/d/kw9BKrrFdZhWE
    Working 100%
    Hallelujah!!! Yes this one is the only one that booted. Have tried like 30 ROMs!!!

This needs to be stickied somewhere. More info, my device is not version 5.2 but 5.1.

Thank you so much for this link!!!!!!

Also this kernel supports 1080p output mode!! The stock firmware on this 5.1 device (Diaotec J22) was 720p only. Awesome!

Also, 21.5k in antutu at 1080p and 22K at 720p. Both ways the antutu graphics test were run at 720p, but the display does look clearer at 1080.

Cheers,
    -SB
    Last edited by sawbones999; 01-16-2015, 23:05.
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
      Hallelujah!!! Yes this one is the only one that booted. Have tried like 30 ROMs!!!

This needs to be stickied somewhere. More info, my device is not version 5.2 but 5.1.

Thank you so much for this link!!!!!!

Also this kernel supports 1080p output mode!! The stock firmware on this 5.1 device (Diaotec J22) was 720p only. Awesome!

Also, 21.5k in antutu at 1080p and 22K at 720p. Both ways the antutu graphics test were run at 720p, but the display does look clearer at 1080.

Cheers,
      -SB
      Hi is that real 1080p? or just an option in the menu that is upscaling it?

I have a v5_2 and this rom I had installed before and had it working but then I went to another rom as it seemed more stable/newer I will post the link to this ROM when I find it or will upload it somewhere.

Is there a real 1080p kernel/ROM for the v5_2?

Comment

Originally posted by adamoz View Post
        Hi is that real 1080p? or just an option in the menu that is upscaling it?

I have a v5_2 and this rom I had installed before and had it working but then I went to another rom as it seemed more stable/newer I will post the link to this ROM when I find it or will upload it somewhere.

Is there a real 1080p kernel/ROM for the v5_2?
        Yes, it's not true 1080p.

For it to work properly in XBMC/SPMC you must add these two lines to the build.sys.ui.fakesize = 1920x1080
        use.video.overlay=1

and changed:
        ro.sf.lcd_density=160
        to
        ro.sf.lcd_density=240

The 5_2 ROM is newer but I believe has the same issue. I went back this ROM because i was having USB problems on 5_2 ROM.

As far as I know there isn't a "true" 1080p ROM for the device.

Cheers,
        -SB
        Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
        ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Yes, it's not true 1080p.

For it to work properly in XBMC/SPMC you must add these two lines to the build.sys.ui.fakesize = 1920x1080
          use.video.overlay=1

and changed:
          ro.sf.lcd_density=160
          to
          ro.sf.lcd_density=240

The 5_2 ROM is newer but I believe has the same issue. I went back this ROM because i was having USB problems on 5_2 ROM.

As far as I know there isn't a "true" 1080p ROM for the device.

Cheers,
          -SB

Thanks, I did the same things as I think it was you that posted doing. Tried all those kernels from the other thread and go no further than the 4 penguins.

Shame there is no real 1080p. I have great Linux knowledge and have built many kernels for Linux but they are just selecting options in .config and adding some sources, this thing I have no idea, Im not sure if it is just options in the kernel. I suppose I would need the sources to any wifi chips BT controllers and it seems hard but I will have a go and post here if I can manage it.

Comment

To get 1080p This as described here from this post on http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post190297

Seems like the best thing to try first. Has anyone tried it?

Comment

Seems like a while lot of work for not that much benefit. At least you're already on the 5_1 or 5_2 ROM you already have the updated libs for hardware acceleration in your preference of XBMC.

Please do feel free to try, and let us know if it's successful Personally i have no love for the cyx809iii series. All it did for me was cause headaches. I'm glad it was for a customer and not me. Now I'm working on a tronsmart mk908 v3 that I got super cheap and an giving to my dad. Got Finless KK 2.0 working with kernel from the tronsmart KK beta ROM, now I'm going to write a script so that i can flash the necessary libs for HW acceleration from a zip in TWRP. Hopefully that will work.

SPMC 14.1 is released today! Best XBMC fork for RK by far.

Cheers,
              -SB

Comment

Seems like a while lot of work for not that much benefit. At least you're already on the 5_1 or 5_2 ROM you already have the updated libs for hardware acceleration in your preference of XBMC.

Please do feel free to try, and let us know if it's successful Personally i have no love for the cyx809iii series. All it did for me was cause headaches. I'm glad it was for a customer and not me. Now I'm working on a tronsmart mk908 v3 that I got super cheap and an giving to my dad. Got Finless KK 2.0 working with kernel from the tronsmart KK beta ROM, now I'm going to write a script so that i can flash the necessary libs for HW acceleration from a zip in TWRP. Hopefully that will work.

SPMC 14.1 is released today! Best XBMC fork for RK by far.

Cheers,
                -SB
                How is the wifi on the mk908 v3 ? The thing I like about the CX919II is that it has really great wifi range

Comment

The Wi-Fi works ok for me.. maybe a little bit slow. I've seen a lot of other people complain about connection drops and the like. Haven't had any of those.

For me the Bluetooth seems a bit sketchy. Like when using touchpad the mouse seems a bit jumpy. Could just be my combination of finless 2 ROM with tronsmart beta kk kernel.

Thinking about maybe doing an external antenna mod. I have lots of spare antennas laying around. Still haven't gotten around to making that flashable zip.

Cheers,
                  -SB

Comment

can someone help me and tell me if that rom work for me?i have cx919ii

Comment

Hi when did you buy it? You could open it, its not to hard just pry the thing open, look for the model number on the board, it will end in something like 5_2 or 5_1

If you put the wrong rom you will brick it and maybe never get it back.

Comment

New ROM for REAL 1080p on CYX_809III V5_2 20141105 MK809III RTL8723BS

Last edited by hwdsl2; 05-16-2015, 14:51.

Comment

Working...
                        X