UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediacj View Post
    You can try this solution by froen0815: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...g-Cable-to-PCB

did it myself and worked perfect!
    I did this to 2 of them. I think it's the epoxy I used, melted the cables on one of them and I didn't have them separate so it shorted out, forced to use USB type a for power. Worked like that for a while, after a while and restarts (always uses the restart utility, not sure if there is a proper way of shutting these down) is when it messed up.

Comment

Multitouch driver

Is it possible to add drivers for multitouch monitors like dell sx2210t???

Contribute to fpicarougne/raspberrypi-hid-multitouch development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Is Skype working for anyone? For me it starts, however I can only get 'failed' calls.

Comment

touchscreen support for Dell ST2220T monitor

Can you please include this in your next release.

I have backport a patch from the 3.4 kernel to correct the multitouch support of the Dell ST2220T screen (torvalds/linux@ed9d5c9) Could you integer it to the raspberrypi official release of the ker...

Comment

not work the download link

Comment

Hosts file

in the next release, could You allow user full R/W rights to etc/hosts file please.
              I dont like the ads, and don't want any unnecessary program hogging up the resources doing the same job.
              You can put My file in there if You want (over 25K advertising sites blocked)- HOSTS
              So far I have not found a way to change it

Comment

Originally posted by jmiat1100 View Post
                not work the download link
                Yes it does, you have to login correctly. (Check the box 'stay logged in')
                I just use Internet Explorer because it doesn't work on chrome all the time

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3

Originally posted by Viljar70 View Post
                  in the next release, could You allow user full R/W rights to etc/hosts file please.
                  I dont like the ads, and don't want any unnecessary program hogging up the resources doing the same job.
                  You can put My file in there if You want (over 25K advertising sites blocked)- HOSTS
                  Its easy.

1 install sd ecplorer confiure it so it runs as root.
                  Then cipy the host file. Thast all

In root explorer you need to mount rw the system directory then copy the file.

If not install adaway r adblock

That's all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Viljar70 View Post
                    ALL my ROMs system can be mounted as RW. This is what root means! I will not by default have the unit boot with system as RW as this is unsafe and many people will screw up system and have to reflash ROM. System should always be RO by default unless user wants to mount it RW for editing. This is what ROOT file explorers do for you!

Use ES File explorer. Turn on root and turn on mount system as RW!!!! Now you can edit ANYTHING in system you want.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks.. did not know the ES Explorer could do that.. I used the Root Browser.. it could not overwrite the hosts file and could not change the permissions..
                      With ES - no problem !
                      Yay.. No more Ads

Comment

Thanks

Almost gave up on this as just a Toy but now with your new rom and the Ubuntu Linux distro coming soon it is turning back into a Tool/Cool Toy. If you have not seen info on the distro coming to the UG802 check it out here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4071...for-the-ug802/ Thanks, Thanks, THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by asterx View Post
                          Is Skype working for anyone? For me it starts, however I can only get 'failed' calls.
                          Had the same problem as you, but it works now. Can't tell you what I did as it worked the next day. Even hooked up an old Logitech webcam and tried videocalling. Worked a treat here.

Comment

hdd

Originally posted by plushsat View Post
                            Glad it is for you, MXPlayer is nothing but greif on mine with 1.6

Using mVideoPlayer until I can figure it out
                            Originally posted by dilema View Post
                            is it possible to use an external hdd? everytime i plug mine in, the mouse stops working. not sure if it's the hub or just not possible?
                            You will need a self powered hard drive or/and self powered usb hub. The usb hub shoukd be Ideally 2mA. I have 850mA and it works with powered external hdd.

Comment

Camera doesn't save

Hi guys

Bought me a pair of these a while back and like many, thought it was a complete dud until Bob came along with this ROM. Now it does everything I want it to do. Can't find anything that does NOT work and I am lucky to have never had ANY wifi issues either. Jay is a happy boy I am basically just using it as a simple mediaplayer and to make my samsung smart TV just a tad smarter. The resolution issue doesn't really bother me for movies, it is only a slight pain when surfing the web on the stick.

One thing though; every camera app I have tried works fine and it takes the pictures, but it doesnt save them anywhere...can anyone shed a light on that?? I assume it's a mere config issue, or...?

Jay

Comment

UG 802 in constant reboot mode

Hi Bob,
                                I installed the 1.6 ROM on my ug802, everything worked like a dream but for a few wifi issue here and there.
                                But then i tried to use the Reboot utility to power off the system (this had worked for me in the 1.4rom) and the device now refuses to boot up; I get the first splash screen with the android man but then it reboots again without ever booting the main screen. can you please help and or suggest a cure as off now is see 80 my bucks down the toilet..

thanks

-N

Comment

Working...
                                X