UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@dilema

you have to use the Micro-Usb to flash, because the fullsized Usb is connectet to a hub und in this direction it's impossible to flash

Comment

google maps problem

Hey, another small bug, not present in finless 1.4a.
      wifi location is not active, and i can't find where to activate in the configuration menu...

in 1.4a, it was ok

regards

edit: FALSE ALARM !!!!, I didn't note that now WIFI location is named GOOGLE LOCATION SYSTEM, and now you have to alow google to recolect data from your wifi or mobile network ¿?¿?¿?
      ok, in anycase, you have wifi location
      Last edited by julen163; 11-07-2012, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by ergotype View Post
        It's not a bug. They are not compatible with JB yet.
        They are compatible, please don't give false information to others! TC is compatible with JB, I'm using it on my MK808...

Comment

You can download TC directly -> HERE <- not using Play-Store

Comment

Originally posted by Krinyo View Post
            They are compatible, please don't give false information to others! TC is compatible with JB, I'm using it on my MK808...
            Sorry. My mistake. You are right. I went on the previous information that was written regarding apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Daved View Post
              I reported wifi problems a couple days ago and I thought I was alone there but it seems I'm not.

Did you have that kind of wifi problems with the stock ROM or the 1.4 ROM?

the only wifi problem i had while on stock was the range...but i never had it turn off on me like this

Comment

Impressive work

Finless Bob - thanks for the great work

Only issue I have is problem with esc key on wireless KB (rapoo 2700)
                Previously (1.4a) it acted as back button but no more (1.6)

Can someone post a method how to identify the button code and what file to update accordingly ?

Regards

Comment

ethernet problem

hello, i have a problem with ethernet conection,i have t make any specific settings?
                  when i canect usb ethernet adaptor,it gave me the ip,netmask......,but no internet conection and i cant brose on my server,i see it but can not acces it.
                  Could anyone give mee some advice .i tryed another 3 different adaptors same problem

Comment

1.6 Up and Running - works like a charm

OK Guys. I downloaded 1.6 and flashed it. No problem at all. When booting for the first time it appeared to be stuck in a "Google TV" bootscreen (which I liked). (advise from anyone??) After a second reboot it fired up in Finless' bootscreen (which I like over the 1.4 bootscreen ;-))

Everything appears to work like a charm. In 1.4 I experienced Wifi issues (like the connection dying within minutes) that have been reported here before, but Wifi appears to be faster and stable. Play store etc. works and a single low-res youtube movie does not give any synchonisation issues.

I'll be doing further tinkering and testing to set it up properly as the mediacenter pc replacement and will report on issues and progress!

Bob: Big Kudo's.

Comment

Originally posted by costty01 View Post
                      hello, i have a problem with ethernet conection,i have t make any specific settings?
                      when i canect usb ethernet adaptor,it gave me the ip,netmask......,but no internet conection and i cant brose on my server,i see it but can not acces it.
                      Could anyone give mee some advice .i tryed another 3 different adaptors same problem
                      - Have you tried WIFI first?
                      - Have you tried without an USB hub (plug the adapter in th UG802 directly)
                      I'm not sure if ethernet with an adapter works at all. Have never tried that before. Will do so and report back to you.

Comment

Hi i have updated to finless rom 1.6 for the ug802. But the problems with jerky playback and the player only upscaling all video content from 720p to 1080p still persist. So there is no true 1:1 pixelmapping just an upscaled 720p image. Obviously these are kernel / driver related problems. But it makes the device useless especially for digital signage use. Where it's important that things are really pixelsharp.

The desktop is also upscaled from 720p to 1080p so there is no true 1:1 pixel 1080p. The screen reports 1080p and the device outputs the signal as such but it is still just an upscale procedure that is this really sucks. UGOOS and the other companies making such sticks are not telling the truth about 1080p.

Is there any stick on the market today that supports a true 1080p desktop and true 1080p 1:1 pixel output?

It is beyond belief that this should be so hard accomplish.

A larger stick with a ethernet port would be welcome to be able to stream content at very high bitrates.

The WIFI though is really improved and stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert336 View Post
                          the only wifi problem i had while on stock was the range...but i never had it turn off on me like this
                          I had WIFI problems in 1.4, which appear to be solved with 1.6. Advice: move over to 1.6

Comment

I installed this rom, now I can't start it. The device gets hot and the blue led is not working

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchoak View Post
                              - Have you tried WIFI first?
                              - Have you tried without an USB hub (plug the adapter in th UG802 directly)
                              I'm not sure if ethernet with an adapter works at all. Have never tried that before. Will do so and report back to you.
                              yes i had,but i want to acces my nas content with 1080p movies,that can't play on wifi because need more trafic speed.i conected network adapter directly on ug802 also but the same no internet conection

Comment

to add to the ethernet issue, i used the ethernet usb adpater with stock ics and it was solid... this was conencted by a non-powered usb hub and connected directly to the unit (no mouse of course) but speed and stability was solid. now if i try to do it either way the device locks up or becomes unstable and requieres a reboot with the device removed.

also, i am not using the stock charger, i have been using my nexus 7 asus charger which works wonderful on the ug802

Comment

Working...
                                X