Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I've joined to the Q8 owners club too!
    I'm happy with my box, but i'm wondering is there any other compatible rom (custom or non custom) available...

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ablabla and welcome to the Q8 club I havnt come across any roms so far but im still very happy with how mine is working so havent needed to mess with it.

Comment

Thinking of buying one of these Q8 boxes. Are there any heat problems? Does it have a good heat sink on the CPU/GPU? Will it withstand 2-3 hours of heavy gaming?
        Also, does anyone have good images of the boards?
        Last edited by ghanashyaml; 07-12-2015, 05:25.
        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
        CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
        GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
          Thinking of buying one of these Q8 boxes. Are there any heat problems? Does it have a good heat sink on the CPU/GPU? Will it withstand 2-3 hours of heavy gaming?
          Also, does anyone have good images of the boards?
          No heatsinks or a very small one.
          No airflow for heat to escape, CPU is designed for high temperature but the lifetime of the CPU in this box will be lower than in other boxes with better heatsinks.
          Will have to buy a separate 3A power adapter if you intend to use an external harddrive, 4K video or heavy 3D gaming since the Q8 only comes with a 2A power adapter that is of low quality.
          Also slow EMMC Flash Memory that is half the speed of other RK3288 manufacturers.
          Also very poor firmware support, other RK3288 boxes firmware is not fully compatible with it, since it uses a different wifi chip.

You basically get what you pay for and have lots of problems afterwards.

There are going to be new RK3368 HPH-NT-V8 devices coming out that will be much better in mid July, rather wait for them for the same price point.

Comment

Thanks mo123 for your reply....makes much sense to stay away RK3368 seems to be less powerful than Rk3288...though it seems to be coupled with PowerVR GPU? It might be attractive from a price point.

Would you recommend Beelink R89, I see lot of support for it here...however, I have also seen many unhappy users here...I need to buy one by July 20th, have a $50 coupon expiring then :, hope to decide by then...

Not want to hijack this thread though..
            Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
              Thanks mo123 for your reply....makes much sense to stay away RK3368 seems to be less powerful than Rk3288...though it seems to be coupled with PowerVR GPU? It might be attractive from a price point.

Would you recommend Beelink R89, I see lot of support for it here...however, I have also seen many unhappy users here...I need to buy one by July 20th, have a $50 coupon expiring then :, hope to decide by then...

Not want to hijack this thread though..
              If the coupon can only be used for a Beelink R89 device then go for it.
              I have heard some people complaining about muting and stuttering issues but think it only happens to some people.
              If it is for Aliexpress then wait a while for the RK3368 devices.
              They will get around 33000-34000 Antutu score while RK3288 can get 39000 score.
              But 4K video playback and gaming might be smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If the coupon can only be used for a Beelink R89 device then go for it.
                I have heard some people complaining about muting and stuttering issues but think it only happens to some people.
                If it is for Aliexpress then wait a while for the RK3368 devices.
                They will get around 33000-34000 Antutu score while RK3288 can get 39000 score.
                But 4K video playback and gaming might be smoother.
                Thanks mo123 for steering me in the right direction...I did choose RK3368 for now...given that I do not need that high power; if RK3368 is able to handle all my video requirements, I will be happy...time will tell though! I used the coupon for a dashcam/parking sensor combo that my wife wanted.

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Working...
                X