Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless 1.6 – mk908ii – Wi-Fi disabled - need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 1.6 – mk908ii – Wi-Fi disabled - need help!

Several months ago I purchased a Tronsmart MK908ii. It was a true 1.6 GHz.I flashed with Finless 1.6 and added a few applications.It’s been running fine all this time.

Some of my friends and family saw it running and thought it was cool. They wanted one.

I purchased 3 more Tronsmart MK908ii devices. I decided to flash with Finless 1.6 just as I did with the original device. Everything went well during the flashing. I then attached the device to the TV and it started right away.

Unfortunately during the initial configuration when I tried to activate the Wi-Fi it searched for a connection, but within 2 seconds it switched back to “OFF” and displayed a “Wi-Fi is disabled” message.I tried this many times using 2 different devices without success.

I checked the 3rddevice without flashing to the Finless 1.6 ROM.It was able to connect to Wi-Fi. I re-flashed one of the failing devices to the original ROM and it worked in connecting to Wi-Fi!!!

I searched the forum, butcouldn’t anything to try and resolve my problem.The only difference I could find is that the new devices are 1.4 GHz.

Possible solutions and other information:

• Flash AP6210 by D33 as kernel (How to tell if I have a 6210 chip?)
    • JB 4.2.2,RK3188t, Finless 1.6 w/720, 4GB parameter

Please don’t tell me I have to stick with the original Tronsmart ROM, I want Finless!!

Thanks,

Tazer98

I had the exact same thing happen with my new Tronsmart MK908II yesterday. I installed Finless 1.5 and everything works. I didn't actually solve anything with 1.6 however, but 1.5 is running great.

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. I'll try this later on tonight and report back my findings.

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by craigcav12 View Post
        I had the exact same thing happen with my new Tronsmart MK908II yesterday. I installed Finless 1.5 and everything works. I didn't actually solve anything with 1.6 however, but 1.5 is running great.

Craig
        +1

Comment

Craig and Kandilak,

Thanks for setting me straight on getting his running. I flashed 1.5a and it seems to be working fine. Will test further with Kodi, etc.

Still would like to find out the reason WHY! Is it because of faulty hardware, wrong version of ROM, etc.

Maybe Finless Bob will chime in and give us a reason why Wi-Fi never gets enabled in 1.6 on these seemingly standard devices.

Tazer98

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer98 View Post
            Craig and Kandilak,

Thanks for setting me straight on getting his running. I flashed 1.5a and it seems to be working fine. Will test further with Kodi, etc.

Still would like to find out the reason WHY! Is it because of faulty hardware, wrong version of ROM, etc.

Maybe Finless Bob will chime in and give us a reason why Wi-Fi never gets enabled in 1.6 on these seemingly standard devices.

Tazer98
            When i met this problem, i made some tests with this unit, like replacing kernel.img and boot.img or system.img from stock to Fin 1.6 and vice versa but always had the same problem with wifi.

Comment

I honestly do not know why Wifi is not working but usually this is due to hardware changes! Maybe even clone units that went cheap on hardware. They are marked as MK908ii but in fact are made by someone else. This is very common in China with these devices. Especially units that are older models.

Bottom line wifi issues are usually in the kernel.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. I don't even have this stick anymore. I gave it to a friend.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...