Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CX-919 (RK3188T & RTL8723BS) problem after flashing - bricked maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-919 (RK3188T & RTL8723BS) problem after flashing - bricked maybe?

Hello. I have CX-919 with RK3188-T and RTL8723BS for bluetooth and wifi. I tried to flash the stock rom again using Rockchip Batch tool. The process succeded but after that ,the tv stick wont boot. I have to say that i didnt changed anything in the development menu such as usb debugging options . what can i do now? i have also used ROM Flash tool and guide provied by Finless.At the end of the ROM Flash tool it says ''Found one loader device'' and not ''Found ''One MSC Device'' like it should.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by travoltas; 01-14-2015, 15:20.

Probably not bricked, try the Alternate Reboot To Flash method. If it shows up as a pink box, you can turn it green and use whatever flash tool you like.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

i found the stock kitkat firmware 4.4.2 in a chinese site and now its ok.it boots again.can you suggest a custom rom to try?

Comment

I always thought the CX919 and MK809III were the same, but I don't know. If you're comfortable with the knowledge that you can fix anything you might accidentally do to break it, try any RTL8723BS ROM. The one I have on my mk809iii is linked in my signature and if it works, I have overclock RAM and GPU kernels for it.

Comment

there are many clones outhere with the same board and the only difference is the outer case.. i bought my clone for about 35 euros advertised as RK3188 1.8 GHZ and what i got was a RK3188T 1.4GHZ.

No,this rom MK809III,UH007B_8723bs_4.4_1080_20140924 doesnt work with my stick.the only one Working is GXT809III-8723BS-2G.img from here http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=255...41501&third=15 I have also flashed this rom but with no results.. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-2-0

can you post the kernels to test?

Comment

After hours of searching and flashing i found that no rom and kernel works for my device except for stock kitkat 4.4.2 rom http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=255...41501&third=15.

I unpacked the update image and the only way to boot other custom roms is if i combine the flash kernel file and the misc file from the stock rom for my device with system file,recovery file of any other rom. Below i attach kernel,misc and boot file of my working stock rom 4.4.2.

i havent find a kernel to work with my device since now..
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll run the kernel through the rkpatchomatic tool (thanks phjanderson) and see if it can be ramped up to 1.6 for you. It will be about 6 hours before I can do this, though.

Comment

Thanks a lot for trying. Yesterday i managed to root my device using Rootgenius and now i am rooted.
                in antutu benchmark it scored around 20170 and at nenamark2 38.2 fps. Quite good for a cheap clone based on RK3188-T.

I read that frame dropping is common in RK3188 chips and is a bit annoying.
                Can you also apply Vsync fix to my kernel and make some different versions? for example

one version with overclocked CPU up to 1.6GHZ including Vsync fix
                one version with just Vsync fix and stock frequency
                one version with Vsync fix, stock frequency and overclocked GPU
                one version with Vsync fix, overclocked CPU,GPU,DDR.

Comment

Kit Kat doesn't need vsync. If you do, you'll be back where you started. Use SPMC instead.

The patchomatic tool gives more kernel options, but 1.6Ghz is probably the most you should use without cooling.

I'm new at this. When you run the tool, you have to manually select the tables for CPU, GPU and RAM. The RAM table might be number eight or nine, but is probably eight. If you try nine and then benchmark it and it crashes on the RAM test, use eight. The 1604 kernels may not work, you'll know if you use setCPU or some other monitor and it doesn't scale from 312 and upwards.

This is my first box upload. Let me know if I got it right.
                  Last edited by budgetgeek; 01-18-2015, 17:28.

Comment

i downloaded and tested some kernels.using nofrills cpu ,i saw that cpu overclocked kernels both from tables 8 and 9 give a min frequency of 1.2GHZ and a max frequency of 1.416gGHZ .stock kernels give a min freq of 504MHZ up to 1.4GHZ. kernels from table 9 score lower than those of table 8. i have the suspicion that gpu and ddr frequencies are not changed as well. is there any application to monitor gpu and ddr frequency?.
                    there is also patchomatik tool for kitkat. are you using this version? i cant make it work with active perl on windows 7.table values are empty.
                    Tested SPMC with a 1080p video and is very laggy...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by travoltas; 01-19-2015, 14:09.

Comment

Okay, so you can take it from here, I guess.

You'll need to edit the patchomatic tool with something like notepad++ and make these changes. You can probably read through the thread and see if there is a way to modify the script in other ways you can do it in there, but I am not that good, I would just leave it at 1.4ghz and be done.

Originally posted by d33
                      PHJAnderson

I've just tried to use your script on a kitkat kernel built from the beta sources. It doesn't get the DDR frequencies because the definitions have been messed with in the KK board.h.

To catch the DDR frequencies you need to make the following amendments to your script:

Line 39

my @freq_list;
                      for ( my $mhz = 100 ; $mhz <= 2500 ; $mhz++ ) {
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 1 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 2 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 4 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 8 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 16 );
                      push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 256 );
                      }

Line 147

########## System variables ##########

my %ddr_freq_type_map = (
                      0 => "",
                      1 => "1 DDR_FREQ_SUSPEND",
                      2 => "2 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO",
                      4 => "4 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO_LOW",
                      8 => "8 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO_LOW",
                      16 => "16 DDR_FREQ_IDLE",
                      256 => "256 DDR_FREQ_NORMAL",
                      );
                      I noticed that yours started at 504mhz. Thought that was interesting.

Comment

I was looking at the overclock tool you shared and the thread and I see now that the writer did not put an option for scaling frequencies, just 1.2~1.8ghz if possible. So that is news to me on this.

I am reading and found someone else with a fix for that, so I may modify write the script to allow full spectrum scaling and narrow it down to only 1.4~1.6ghz max output. I keep my stick on the conservative governor so I don't want it running 1.2ghz all the time. So my time will now be invested in that, and it looks like you're on the same track as I am. Have fun!

Comment

So this is a post you may be interested in. I know what I will be doing as soon as I get home today.

I don't think the line 39 stuff needs to change, but the line 62 stuff definitely. This will allow it to scale from 504 to 1608. You may want to add the extra lines on all of the frequency outputs or take away the 1704 and 1800 outputs.

Oh, and I think we've gone from me helping you to you helping me.

Originally posted by cappybob
                          I had 3 changes to rkpatchomatic which is authored by Mr. Anderson. d33 kk changes and adding the freq tables to the 1704h kernel. Disclaimer "I AM A COPY AND PASTE GUY, I CLAIM NO INTELLIGENCE"

@LINE 39

my @freq_list;
                          for ( my $mhz = 100 ; $mhz <= 2500 ; $mhz++ ) {
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 1 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 2 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 4 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 8 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 16 );
                          push( @freq_list, $mhz * 1000 + 256 );
                          }

@LINE 62

"cpu1704h" =>
                          [
                          [925000, 504000],
                          [1000000, 816000],
                          [1075000, 1008000],
                          [1150000, 1200000],
                          [1250000, 1416000],
                          [1350000, 1608000],
                          [1375000, 1704000],
                          ],

@LINE 150

my %ddr_freq_type_map = (
                          0 => "",
                          1 => "1 DDR_FREQ_SUSPEND",
                          2 => "2 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO",
                          4 => "4 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO_LOW",
                          8 => "8 DDR_FREQ_VIDEO_LOW",
                          16 => "16 DDR_FREQ_IDLE",
                          256=> "256 DDR_FREQ_NORMAL",
                          );

Will produce several junk arrays, like I said I claim no intelligence. Be sure while editing maintain proper syntax and spacing. The 1608 is present but will not be used as frquently as the 1704, due to the voltages.

Comment

I also read today a comment

''Hi neomode. I can make a kernel with marvin but its size is 9.1 mb and when i flash it to the stick it doesnt boot. I think it overlaps on the boot.img when flashed. Usually kernels are 8.1 mb. Dont know why the kernel gets the 9.1 mb size''

the answer was that he may had to modify the parameter file and make more space for the kernel.
                            i would like to try this potential but i dont know how to modify my param file.i guess that the adresses for other images such as system,boot etc have to be changed accordingly.... can you help?

edit: i learned to run the rkpatchomatic tool in linux and now tables ae shown....will come up later with results...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by travoltas; 01-20-2015, 09:46.

Comment

All your resulting images should be the same size as the original, I wouldn't flash them if they weren't. Just be sure that you don't put in more steps than the original if you modify the CPU steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X