Firmware for x4 s805 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware for x4 s805 box

Hi I have a Sumvision x4 s805 (Amlogic) box and want to know if I am running the latest firmware and where I can get a firmware update.
    I have attached a screenshot of the firmware I am currently running.

Thanks in advance , Bart
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16129493248_55de0ae64f_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	439963

Originally posted by Bartjunited View Post
    Hi I have a Sumvision x4 s805 (Amlogic) box and want to know if I am running the latest firmware and where I can get a firmware update.
    I have attached a screenshot of the firmware I am currently running.

Thanks in advance , Bart
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9890[/ATTACH]
    There's no later official firmware from Sumvision that I am aware of, but there are probably other compatible f/w around.

I'm only interested in Kodi and not other Android apps, so I am now running Kerber's OpenELEC port for the TV110, which works superbly on this box.

If you want to stick to Android, you can root the box and also install the latest stable version of Kodi (14.0) as it comes unrooted and with Kodi 14.0-alpha1 (which works pretty well already).

There's a big thread on Kodi.tv forums here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208233

Comment

Originally posted by bobones View Post
      There's no later official firmware from Sumvision that I am aware of, but there are probably other compatible f/w around.

I'm only interested in Kodi and not other Android apps, so I am now running Kerber's OpenELEC port for the TV110, which works superbly on this box.

If you want to stick to Android, you can root the box and also install the latest stable version of Kodi (14.0) as it comes unrooted and with Kodi 14.0-alpha1 (which works pretty well already).

There's a big thread on Kodi.tv forums here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208233

Thanks a bunch for your reply

sorry more noob questions
      Where can i find and install Kerbers OpenElec
      What do you mean by Tv110 - is this the model reference for these S805 boxes?
      Why does the box need to be rooted to install Kodi?

Thanks again

Bart

Comment

Thanks a bunch for your reply

sorry more noob questions
        Where can i find and install Kerbers OpenElec
        What do you mean by Tv110 - is this the model reference for these S805 boxes?
        Why does the box need to be rooted to install Kodi?

Thanks again

Bart
        I suggest you read through the thread I linked to.

The TV110 is a similar S805 box and is the original target of Kerber's port. Our X4's work with the same port with just a change for the remote control configuration.

It is not necessary to root to install Kodi, and I did not say it was. I merely pointed out 2 things you could do to upgrade it.

Comment

Hey man, what are the differences between xbmc/kodi and OpenELEC? Can you shoot me a link to it too? Running the TV110 too, loving it so far! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothfreeze View Post
            Hey man, what are the differences between xbmc/kodi and OpenELEC? Can you shoot me a link to it too? Running the TV110 too, loving it so far! Thanks in advance!
            OpenELEC is a small Linux distro with the single purpose of running xbmc/kodi. You are running Android on your box which is a multi-purpose system and Kodi as just one of many apps. With OpenELEC you only get one app and that's Kodi. Because OE is streamlined just for Kodi, Kodi runs faster and smoother than under Android. If you only ever use Kodi on your box, you might like OpenELEC. Otherwise, if you dabble with games and other apps, stick with Android. I'm not going to spoon feed you on how to install OpenELEC on the TV110 but the most recent stable images are at http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.0/

As always flash at your own risk!

Comment

OpenELEC is a small Linux distro with the single purpose of running xbmc/kodi. You are running Android on your box which is a multi-purpose system and Kodi as just one of many apps. With OpenELEC you only get one app and that's Kodi. Because OE is streamlined just for Kodi, Kodi runs faster and smoother than under Android. If you only ever use Kodi on your box, you might like OpenELEC. Otherwise, if you dabble with games and other apps, stick with Android. I'm not going to spoon feed you on how to install OpenELEC on the TV110 but the most recent stable images are at http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.0/

As always flash at your own risk!

Thanks againffor the heads up about openelec. I've used it plenty with the pi and found it very good.

I can'tffind a clear guide from your thread on how to install openelec on Androi.

I see ffrom your image link that there are openelec images for MXIII and x4 is that right

Thanks Bart

Comment

Thanks againffor the heads up about openelec. I've used it plenty with the pi and found it very good.

I can'tffind a clear guide from your thread on how to install openelec on Androi.

I see ffrom your image link that there are openelec images for MXIII and x4 is that right

Thanks Bart
                The TV110 images are the ones to use for the Cyclone X4.

This is the basic guide I wrote before http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...029#pid1852029

Comment

The TV110 images are the ones to use for the Cyclone X4.

This is the basic guide I wrote before http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...029#pid1852029
                  thanks guide looks good and in the main to flash the image looks straight forward I just hope i dont have any issues :-)

can Openelec be installed on a MXiii (square) running S802?
                  And if so can I use the same method?
                  the link you sent for the images showed an MX3 image for openelec?

Comment

thanks guide looks good and in the main to flash the image looks straight forward I just hope i dont have any issues :-)

can Openelec be installed on a MXiii (square) running S802?
                    And if so can I use the same method?
                    the link you sent for the images showed an MX3 image for openelec?
                    Sorry, I don't know for sure. There are different version of the MXIII with 1 or 2GB and different wifi chips. You should ask over on xbmc.ru or on the thread in the Beelink forum here.

Comment

Working...
                    X