Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK as you suggested I tried this ROM on my UT2 Ugoos (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Reviews/page6) Msg #120. I flashed the one that has the RK3188T chip. A lot of nice features are in this ROM! Seems about the same Antutu score I had on Wasser 1.25 (JB).

I figured the Freakbox, as it looks like a UT2, ROM would make my stock remote functional again, but alas it didn't. I've also seen it loose signal on HDMI to the TV. Red power light on but no signal into TV. I can only assume it's not a crash but just a loss of signal as I can't get it to come back on unless I pull the power plug and reboot. BUT the processor is running at 1.6ghz according to Antutu!

So I know it probably isn't much help telling you this other than the first post here says it hadn't been tested on a "T" chip box.

Maybe next release will have BT working
    FLHT = Harley
    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I never had a signal lost like you reported, neither no one report the same. Maybe this is not rom related ? Do you have this behavior on other rom's ?

My stock remote works, that is i assume it's the stock. At least it come with the box

I unlock the T chip to 1704, but default start speed is 1608. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, hopefully next release will have a working BT.
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
        Thanks for the feedback.

I never had a signal lost like you reported, neither no one report the same. Maybe this is not rom related ? Do you have this behavior on other rom's ?

My stock remote works, that is i assume it's the stock. At least it come with the box

I unlock the T chip to 1704, but default start speed is 1608. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, hopefully next release will have a working BT.
        Funny how it all looks like the exact same equipment, even the remote. I guess some different ir codes are in them.

I have never had any video problems from either the RK3188 or from the RK3188T on any ROM I flashed them with.
        And I forgot to also mention, when it booted the first time I did not get an on screen keyboard to enter google info. I had to skip over all the setup. Once in I hooked up a USB KB signed in to google play and installed Swiftkey. Once that was setup I disabled it and got the ROMs keyboard. Really strange. I think I might flash it again. I did not use the update option in the batch tool. Instuctions I had for the UT2 said use recover? I was on JB no going back now. This a nice ROM. Just wish the remote would work so I could pass this unit to my daughter.
        FLHT = Harley
        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

On screen keyboard is auto detectable, if you have connect a keyboard the on screen keyboard doesn't show. Of course this is based on PID and some HW might have a misleading PID, making that sort of things happen.
          I recommend upgrade option because it formats nand prior to flash. And you can go back to JB from KK.
          Can you post a picture of the remote ?

About the video i don't know, i didn't experience any problems and hadn't had a report of such experience.

Tapatalked
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

I still have the stock firmware on the Freakbox. I think I could also flash CM by installing CWM through Arctools and then flash your CM ROM using the CWM recovery. No need for the RK batchtool then, I guess...
            Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
            Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
            Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
            Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
            Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

I'm not familiar with arctools, so i don't recommend it's use besides i supply TWRP and CWM that I know it fully works.

But the use of batchtool has 2 purposes, flash a different parameter file than stock one and assure that no bad blocks are left and completely erases nand.

When flashing a single image file the process won't be interrupt if a bad block is detect, this happens when flashing single partitions.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                On screen keyboard is auto detectable, if you have connect a keyboard the on screen keyboard doesn't show. Of course this is based on PID and some HW might have a misleading PID, making that sort of things happen.
                I recommend upgrade option because it formats nand prior to flash. And you can go back to JB from KK.
                Can you post a picture of the remote ?

About the video i don't know, i didn't experience any problems and hadn't had a report of such experience.

Tapatalked
                It was left on all night with Kodi Helix 14.1 running and no issues! Perhaps the video problem lies more in the way the TV (Samsung) refreshes the screen? Or perhaps the firmware needed time to settle in?

This is also the 1st ROM I've used that has no selection in Android settings for the sound device selection (SPDIF or Passthrough)....are both HDMI and SPDIF active at all times? Kodi only sees android sound device as a source and that is locked out so settings can't be changed.

These buttons work as they should:

Power = Short Press - Standby/Sleep Long press - Power options menu
                Speaker Mute
                All Direction buttons including OK

The rest of the buttons either DO NOT do anything or do the WRONG thing
                Red
                Green
                Yellow
                Blue
                Settings
                Menu
                Home = Back
                Back = Home
                Number buttons = Non functional as well as the ones on each side of the Zero (0) button

Pictures

Only Identifiable number I could find was in the Battery Compartment

FLHT = Harley
                Cause I've been asked.

Comment

[BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 FreakBox

There's no sound settings on CM.
                  I only the tested HDMI output and AV audio output, i don't have anything else to test, and they both work all the time.
                  I have to look at sound settings on the SDK, but implement it might troublesome. How can i work on something without testing it or know is default behavior?

On my remote the only non functional keys are the number's and the color key's. I have to make a new kernel to print the key codes and assign functions to the codes.
                  Are those soft buttons or hard ? The remote seems different than the one i have. Mine has hard buttons.

Tapatalked

Comment

Nope, they're hard buttons.

Pictures I saw of the Freakbox remote showed a remote that looks like mine. Maybe it was still not decided upon at the time of the pictures I saw.

http://deandigitalworld.com/freakbox...droid-4-4.html
                    FLHT = Harley
                    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Here is the Config File for the Remonte.
                      Replace it in Android and it Should Work.

[ATTACH]10549[/ATTACH]
                      Attached Files

Comment

But they have a different layout

Unless i'm using the wrong remote

Comment

Nah dude, I see difference in yours and mine. My mouse mode, the direction buttons control movement and if I recall correctly the RED button turned it on/off mouse mode.
                          FLHT = Harley
                          Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Ok downloaded neomode's file. Where does it go and can I copy the original to put it back if this doesn't work out?

Thanks for that file, BTW.

That video loss I had might have been the 120sec bug. At the time, I didn't realize the power button on my remote was functional and a short press woukd have awakened the box. BUT since then I have activated the devolopers menu and toggled Stay Awake on and it hasn't happened again.

Also put the CPU at 1704 and Antutu stress test passed fine. It has been on all day with Kodi running no screen outs and no glitches! Just a little more info from a box with a "T" chip.

EDIT:

The neomode file got the numbers working but the rest of the keys are still the same. IR codes in both files are the same for all other keys.

I have a KK Allminipc ROM for the UT2. Is there a way to open that .img file and get the rkxxremote file from that? Do you think that would work?
                            Last edited by flhthemi; 02-26-2015, 01:46.
                            FLHT = Harley
                            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                              That video loss I had might have been the 120sec bug. At the time, I didn't realize the power button on my remote was functional and a short press woukd have awakened the box. BUT since then I have activated the devolopers menu and toggled Stay Awake on and it hasn't happened again.
                              Which FW version are you on? I'm on v1.0.4 and "Stay Awake" is not present under "Developer Options".
                              Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
                              Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
                              Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
                              Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
                              Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                                Ok downloaded neomode's file. Where does it go and can I copy the original to put it back if this doesn't work out?

Thanks for that file, BTW.

Also put the CPU at 1704 and Antutu stress test passed fine. It has been on all day with Kodi running no screen outs and no glitches! Just a little more info from a box with a "T" chip.

EDIT:

The neomode file got the numbers working but the rest of the keys are still the same. IR codes in both files are the same for all other keys.

I have a KK Allminipc ROM for the UT2. Is there a way to open that .img file and get the rkxxremote file from that? Do you think that would work?
                                Stay Awake is enable by default.
                                Good to hear, about the OC and the remote key.
                                Thanks.

Originally posted by Rockko View Post
                                Which FW version are you on? I'm on v1.0.4 and "Stay Awake" is not present under "Developer Options".
                                I think he's are talking about this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X