Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement remote vega s89-h

Hi,

My vega s89-h remote died and I'm looking for a way to get a new one (couldn't find anything on ****, aliexpress, google...) Or alternatively - setup a different remote to work with the device (including standby on/off) I have a mini wireless keyboard which does most of the things, but it cannot power up the device from standy nor put it to sleep.

Any suggestions, ideas?

I've bought a Mele F10 Deluxe - works perfectly and does a lot more than the standard remote. It just needed a minor fix to get the home button to work but that's very easy to correct. It can learn IR commands from other remotes so I operate all my gear from it.
    It puts the unit in and out of sleep also.

Comment

Originally posted by jacadito View Post
      I've bought a Mele F10 Deluxe - works perfectly and does a lot more than the standard remote. It just needed a minor fix to get the home button to work but that's very easy to correct. It can learn IR commands from other remotes so I operate all my gear from it.
      It puts the unit in and out of sleep also.

You can teach it to do anything the vega remote does? Without a working vega remote?

Comment

No need to teach it. Just plug the dongle in a USB port, press left and right mouse button together to pair the remote and the dongle, and it works (you will then only need to change a detail in a text file to make the home button work).
        If you also want to use the remote to control other devices like your receiver or TV or cable box it will easily learn from the original remotes.
        Just Google it, you'll find a lot of info, including the required adaptation to make the home button work as well as YouTube movies showing how to learn IR from other remotes.
        I ordered mine directly from the Mele shop on Aliexpress.com.

Comment

No need to teach it. Just plug the dongle in a USB port, press left and right mouse button together to pair the remote and the dongle, and it works (you will then only need to change a detail in a text file to make the home button work).
          If you also want to use the remote to control other devices like your receiver or TV or cable box it will easily learn from the original remotes.
          Just Google it, you'll find a lot of info, including the required adaptation to make the home button work as well as YouTube movies showing how to learn IR from other remotes.
          I ordered mine directly from the Mele shop on Aliexpress.com.
          If you don't teach it, can it put the device in sleep, take it out of sleep mode as well?

Comment

Originally posted by max.shifrin View Post
            Hi,

My vega s89-h remote died and I'm looking for a way to get a new one (couldn't find anything on ****, aliexpress, google...) Or alternatively - setup a different remote to work with the device (including standby on/off) I have a mini wireless keyboard which does most of the things, but it cannot power up the device from standy nor put it to sleep.

Any suggestions, ideas?
            I don't have an S89-H, but I saw this IR remote at Geekbuying. It is sold as a remote for another device, so I don't know if it will work for you. It looks identical to the one shown with the S89-H on their site. Maybe you could ask GB if it will work on your box.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              I don't have an S89-H, but I saw this IR remote at Geekbuying. It is sold as a remote for another device, so I don't know if it will work for you. It looks identical to the one shown with the S89-H on their site. Maybe you could ask GB if it will work on your box.

I've bought a couple of those already from **** but non worked, they neither have a programming function which allows to teach them how to work with the vega so I lost hope

Comment

Hi,
                Any suggestions, ideas?
                it might sound too obvious but asking geekbuying should be a first thing to try

Comment

If you don't teach it, can it put the device in sleep, take it out of sleep mode as well?

As already mentioned in my first reply: yes it can.

Comment

Hi,

Any suggestions, ideas?
                    My dog ate the remote a few months ago iam now working with a logitech remote and that works fine 4 me. there are a lot of things 4 sale to replace it a mele airmouse many people here swear with that .i have a tronsmart air mouse but i never use it

Comment

Originally posted by wheelboy View Post
                      My dog ate the remote a few months ago iam now working with a logitech remote and that works fine 4 me. there are a lot of things 4 sale to replace it a mele airmouse many people here swear with that .i have a tronsmart air mouse but i never use it
                      Same here. i bought a logitech keybord k400 and an airmouse, but for my daily workflow I use a Harmony One RC, which also control all my other Equipment around TV. It's the easiest way.

Comment

Originally posted by bergl View Post
                        Same here. i bought a logitech keybord k400 and an airmouse, but for my daily workflow I use a Harmony One RC, which also control all my other Equipment around TV. It's the easiest way.
                        I use a logitech harmony 525 its quite old but it does its job quote welk .btw a siberian husky pup ate my remote

Comment

i have tronsmart TSM01 good but the most stupidest is that the mouse pointer always on ,
                          Mele F10 Deluxe PRO very good little fat but you must have an alternative app for stops the sound to came from the remote
                          and my last one and the best of all http://www.geekbuying.com/item/RII-M...ck-323392.html
                          it has and IR that is programmable and you can get away all the other remote controls
                          Last edited by lost2; 02-19-2015, 07:29. Reason: wrong description

Comment

Originally posted by lost2 View Post
                            Mele F10 Deluxe very good little fat but you must have an alternative app for stops the sound to came from the remote
                            That sound problem (for which a solution exists) only occurs with the Mele F10 PRO, not the Mele F10 Deluxe which doesn't even have a speaker inside the remote.

Comment

That sound problem (for which a solution exists) only occurs with the Mele F10 PRO, not the Mele F10 Deluxe which doesn't even have a speaker inside the remote.
                              you're right my mistake i have the pro ... the solution exists ( i know i founded) but is not for the noob user

Comment

Working...
                              X