Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI and RJ45

Hello everyone,

I would like the PIPO be sand alone without display no keyboard and connected via the RJ45 cable.
    In this case I drive with Teamviewer.
    The problem is that if there is no screen on the HDMI terminal, the RJ45 socket does not work.
    I tried to get into the bios and Windows settings may fix this problem but I have not found.
    Do you have the same problem and an idea to fix this?

Originally posted by garfield-fr View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like the PIPO be sand alone without display no keyboard and connected via the RJ45 cable.
    The problem is that if there is no screen on the HDMI terminal, the RJ45 socket does not work.
    I tried to get into the bios and Windows settings may fix this problem but I have not found.
    That sounds very odd that the hdmi input would switch the lan input off. What happens if you plug a hdmi cable into the box but not into a tv, does it work then?

If it does you could always just buy a hdmi male end and just stick it in there with no cable. Not ideal but at least it would work.

Found a similar issue on rasberry pi http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...p?f=28&t=25970
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

The big problem is that PIPO is connected to the TV.
      If I turn off the TV, I have no LAN connection via the RJ45.
      If I back on the TV, LAN connection returns.

This is annoying for a home theater.

I tried with a RJ45 USB key and it works perfectly with the TV off:

So it is a bios setting, but which one?

Comment

hmmm, generally, that's something what PiPo have to fix....
        (btw: why Teamviewer and not e.g. TightVNC?)
        I don't know if it is at the bios, because I don't know the drivers for the GPU/USB, because, if I'm not wrong, also the build in eth is an USB-to-Ethernet adapter and I also know e.g. older AMD systems where the ATI driver also handles some parts of one of the bridges (at the moment I can't remember if south or north)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Teamviewer or TightVNC it did not matter.

But in the case of the original RJ45 connector (which is USB) it does not work TV off, it's amazing but true !!!

With a USB RJ45 adapter as I give the link it works, it's strange.

Comment

Teamviewer or TightVNC it did not matter.

But in the case of the original RJ45 connector (which is USB) it does not work TV off, it's amazing but true !!!

With a USB RJ45 adapter as I give the link it works, it's strange.
            Anyone else with the same problem? Is it a general thing or not?

I'm asking because I also intend to use it as a headless server (nas).

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              btw: why Teamviewer and not e.g. TightVNC?
              A long time ago, while I was researching about a "better" solution to TightVNC, I found out, to my surprise, that TeamViewer can be configured to work locally, without any external connection to the TeamViewer servers. You can even apply strict firewall rules to contain TeamViewer traffic only in your LAN, and enjoy all the benefits of the TeamViewer interface. I have never tried that myself, since I have never needed to make any local connections, but I am quite sure that it can be set up safely.

Originally posted by vprasinos View Post
              Anyone else with the same problem? Is it a general thing or not?

I'm asking because I also intend to use it as a headless server (nas).
              If you want to use PiPo X7 mainly as a NAS, and you are heavily using a Gigabit Ethernet Network, maybe you should consider buying a cheap US $10 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, in case you could achieve better network speeds, i.e. 30MB/s instead of 10MB/s. Anyone who uses such an adapter can verify if 30MB/s speeds are achievable through a USB 2.0 interface, because cheap adapters could have miserable performance.

Comment

The big problem is that PIPO is connected to the TV.
                If I turn off the TV, I have no LAN connection via the RJ45.
                If I back on the TV, LAN connection returns.

This is annoying for a home theater.

I tried with a RJ45 USB key and it works perfectly with the TV off:

So it is a bios setting, but which one?
                If this is true I'll be mad..

Comment

Same issue here..... Wish it was not....

Walked through the Bios....but wow...that's different what I am used to

Comment

Same problem here. When connected to HDMI and TV is on Lan works ok. When i switch off TV then Lan goes off/on till machine sleeps.

If you enable Wireless as well, so we have both connections running and you switch off TV/disconnect HDMI then the Lan drops but wifi stays on. The interesting part is that not only the lan drops but its not recognized anymore on device manager, it keeps finding the device and then loosing it for some time till pipo goes to sleep. Very annoying and for sure a hw problem. Probably the HDMI gives a small current to the board to keep lan on?

whatever the case for some its very annoying as we would like to use Pipo as a NAS or log remotely. The solution of WIFI is ok but the machine keeps looking for Lan all the time, check your device manager with wifi on and switched off TV/unplugged HDMI.

Comment

I found as a solution to an HDMI VGA adapter like this without display:

Thus the RJ45 works all the time like a NAS.

Comment

ok, but for those who still want to use and as a media streamer on TV as well thats not helping

a member on a different thread used a different power adapter and problem gone.

"
                        I may have a much simpler answer. I was having all sorts of issues with Ethernet. I simply invested in a new power adaptor and the problem went away. Just try one out first before doing anything else.

"

maybe the stock power adapter is not good enough to power pipo when hdmi is off...

Comment

I tried with another power supply and it did not work
                          CELLEVIA POWER AC/DC-CL-DT12/3-2555 | Alimentation: à impulsions; 12VDC; 3A; Conn: 5,5/2,5; 36W; 0÷40°C - Produit disponible chez Transfer Multisort Elektronik. Vérifiez notre large offre.

Comment

odd, i messaged the other member to give us info on the power adapter used. Will try to uninstall the Intel vga driver and use 8.1 stock as another member suggested worked.

Also your power adapter is connected straight to wall or to multi line adapter? maybe its loosing current if connected with more lines as well….dammn

Comment

Hello everyone,

These kinds of problems are due to the Connected Standby mode supported by the hardware.
                              One cannot turn off Connected Standby mode but there is a simple registry modification that will allow all power settings on the machine to be modified by the user. Just search on freaktab and you will find the post that describes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X