No announcement yet.

Deleted my graphics drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats most likely happening is that since a driver is not installed, windows defaulted to a lower resolution (800x480 etc), one that your TV does not support. Your best bet is to plug it into a computer monitor (if it doesnt have an HDMI port, find a HDMI to DVI/Displayport adapter).

Another option is to remotely enable RDP, remote in, and see if you can get the drivers reinstalled

Gain technology and business knowledge and hone your skills with learning resources created and curated by O'Reilly's experts: live online training, video, books, our platform has content from 200+ of the world's best publishers.

Third option is to use Nirsofts DevManView to install the driver remotely

DevManView is an alternative to the standard Device Manager of Windows, which displays all devices and their properties in flat table, instead of tree viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by duffman452001 View Post
      Whats most likely happening is that since a driver is not installed, windows defaulted to a lower resolution (800x480 etc), one that your TV does not support. Your best bet is to plug it into a computer monitor (if it doesnt have an HDMI port, find a HDMI to DVI/Displayport adapter).

Another option is to remotely enable RDP, remote in, and see if you can get the drivers reinstalled

Gain technology and business knowledge and hone your skills with learning resources created and curated by O'Reilly's experts: live online training, video, books, our platform has content from 200+ of the world's best publishers.

Third option is to use Nirsofts DevManView to install the driver remotely

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html

RDP is not an option because this is windows 8.1 with Bing (WIn8.1 basic) no Remote desktop server on it.
      and if not already enabled before this disaster no option to do without screen.

i see that converter form HDMI to DVI or VGA is the most likely option here

Comment

I have just ordered an HDMI to VGA converter but will have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive. I will let you know how I get on.
        Thank you for your suggestions so far.

Comment

Is any led on the device blinking when you press the on/off button?

You can also take the device with you and visit a friend or relative who has a working computer monitor (or a Full HD TV), and test the device with more than one HDMI cable to be sure.

You can also visit a local multimedia store, pretending that you are looking for a new TV/Monitor that is compatible with your mini PC, and test it on the displayed items.

Comment

I think (hope) Duffman452001 may be onto something with the default resolution thing because both my TV`s know there is something connected to the HDMI port but wont show any image.
            I really would have thought that the drivers would reinstall automatically but I have to get past the log-in stage first...........
            ...so.....
            .....can someone please turn off their X7 and then turn it back on again. At the username and password page, is the cursor already in the password box or does it require a tab press or perhaps the down key on my keyboard. Once the password is entered will just pressing enter suffice or do I need to tab over to the entry arrow? I hope this makes sense.
            I think if I can at least log on the drivers may sort themselves out.

Comment

I think you use a usb wire keyboard to test it. Turn on and press Num button on keyboard, if Num light is on (green), X7 is alive

Comment

The cursor is already in the password box and a lot enter wil confirm the password.

Comment

I dont get your problem.even with no drivers your bios should be visible.tried another hdmi?

Comment

Originally posted by hey69 View Post
                    I dont get your problem.even with no drivers your bios should be visible.tried another hdmi?
                    I have tried two hdmi cables and two televisions, all that happens is a red light on my X7 and the `on` light on my usb keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                      The cursor is already in the password box and a lot enter wil confirm the password.
                      Thank you. I will see if my theory holds up shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by SSThing View Post
                        I have tried two hdmi cables and two televisions, all that happens is a red light on my X7 and the `on` light on my usb keyboard.
                        Why don't you just try and plug it in to a proper monitor that supports more resolutions than your tv. Most monitors come with a hdmi input these days or use a hdmi to vga cable. If you don't have a monitor in the house get in the car and go and try it at a friends house. This shoud be so easy to troubleshoot.

Edit : missed out the smiley
                        Last edited by Flumpster; 02-12-2015, 12:57.
                        To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Well, my hdmi to vga adapter has arrived and guess what?
                          Nothing, tried it on both tv`s and my pc monitor and nothing, nor does my idea of getting past the login screen .
                          So its going back.

Comment

You have Sound coming out of the headphonr jacket?
                            Your capslock light goed off on if you use that button on yout keyboard?

Still a strange problem. Deleting window drivers doesnt make your
                            bios post screen problematic.

I suspect your power blok.. maybe?

Comment

Working...
                            X