Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just Dumped a Proscan 10.1 PLT1044 , its a AllWinner Boxchip A10, I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    Is there an option to do a 'factory reset' in recovery? If so, just do that-should get you back to running condition...
    Tried that i think he changed something in the system files

Comment

Ok, so it looks like there's only partial SU and no google play, so I could probably add those without too much difficulty, but honestly, I bet all you'd have to do is drop a superuser.apk and a vending.apk into /system/app, change the permissions and you'd have root & google play (that's pretty much all I had to do for my ROM.)

...as for debloat, the only one I see is the Tango app and maybe the galaxy4.apk (but I don't know what that is for sure...

Bakgrounds? Kinda silly to make a custom ROM for backgrounds-that's what "Titanium Backup" (free version in google play) is for :-)
      lol .. well I found an old google market app that works. The new google play wont work. not sure why, But I know when I had that problem on my nextbook 7, I had to update the flash player, its not letting me update the flash player, and I Know if its rooted I will be able to update the flash, then the google play will work
      I think pretty much what I want is a rooted rom. It doesn't have to be custom, Unless you want to customize one.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmiller View Post
        Tried that i think he changed something in the system files
        Holy crap-I just looked at their website and they don't even have an image!!!

Tell me what options in recovery you have-can you flash a .zip file...? I wonder if this thing works with Live Suite since it's an Allwinner..... A10....

...in the meantime I'm downloading another of their firmwares to see if they're using Live Suite (which I suspect they are.)
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

So what program do you use update your rom file to your tablet, Odin ? or do you use the update.img from the update on the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by bryman777 View Post
            So what program do you use update your rom file to your tablet, Odin ? or do you use the update.img from the update on the tablet.
            Was that question for me? If it was, we use a program called "Live suite" from the developer to flash an image (or once we have CWM via kkromkit or my own (newly released) elektricity ROM, we can flash ROM's from a zip file).

Comment

Was that question for me? If it was, we use a program called "Live suite" from the developer to flash an image (or once we have CWM via kkromkit or my own (newly released) elektricity ROM, we can flash ROM's from a zip file).
              Hmm..bummer, the only firmware for their tablets seem to be for RK chip based ones, so that was pointless...

Comment

Tell me what options in recovery you have-can you flash a .zip file...? I wonder if this thing works with Live Suite since it's an Allwinner..... A10....

...in the meantime I'm downloading another of their firmwares to see if they're using Live Suite (which I suspect they are.)
                there`s a backup&reset , in the settings. theres a system upgrade option, then it say`s recovery mode, Reboot into the system in recovery mode,. Can clear the data, or system upgrade.
                Im assuming its an Update.img file ..

Comment

there`s a backup&reset , in the settings. theres a system upgrade option, then it say`s recovery mode, Reboot into the system in recovery mode,. Can clear the data, or system upgrade.
                  Im assuming its an Update.img file ..
                  Like I said, I can probably try to make an image based on the dump, but I make no guarantees since I don't have one of these tablets-you could make it worse.....

Up to you...let me know quick cause I'm leaving soon.

Comment

reboot system now
                    apply update from external storage
                    wipe data/factory reset
                    wipe cache partition
                    apply update from cache

Comment

Like I said, I can probably try to make an image based on the dump, but I make no guarantees since I don't have one of these tablets-you could make it worse.....

Up to you...let me know quick cause I'm leaving soon.

Go for it, If I feel real gutsy, ill try it,
                      if it gets bricked, its back to big lots.. lol

Comment

Go for it, If I feel real gutsy, ill try it,
                        if it gets bricked, its back to big lots.. lol
                        Okey dokey. Link in 7 minutes.

Comment

Okey dokey. Link in 7 minutes.
                          Awesome, Will it be rooted?

Comment

Okey dokey....here it is....like I said, use at your own risk-I got no idea if it will work....

Comment

Right on, Should I drop it on an sdcard then run through the backup restore? I also found a 800 number for proscan, im going to try and also get a back up image from them in case something goes wrong.
                              Well that went well, I asked for backup firmware, this is the response" Sorry sir no update firmware for your device because its brand new, no firmware for it, I have just about as much information as you, because its new."

Comment

Right on, Should I drop it on an sdcard then run through the backup restore? I also found a 800 number for proscan, im going to try and also get a back up image from them in case something goes wrong.
                                I'm guessing that you'd have to put it on the sd card, and try to update through the stock recovery, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X