USB ports dont working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB ports dont working

After one day, The USB ports of my pipox7 left working . hdmi, and ethernet ports work correctly but i cant use mouse or keyboard . Any idea for solving it?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by alekmzn View Post
    After one day, The USB ports of my pipox7 left working . hdmi, and ethernet ports work correctly but i cant use mouse or keyboard . Any idea for solving it?

Thanks for your help
    Do you have anything else connected to the USB ports?

I have the same problem if I connect an external SSD drive, all USB devices strop working, I guess the SSD draws too much current.
    The solution would be to use a powered USB hub but I haven't tested yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CRi View Post
      Do you have anything else connected to the USB ports?

I have the same problem if I connect an external SSD drive, all USB devices strop working, I guess the SSD draws too much current.
      The solution would be to use a powered USB hub but I haven't tested yet.
      No, nothing more. I tested, mouse, keyboard... with de same result.

I tested a hub with external power. with that; the mouse has the light on but continues without working.

Comment

No, nothing more. I tested, mouse, keyboard... with de same result.

I tested a hub with external power. with that; the mouse has the light on but continues without working.
        I was about to ask if you have any errors in the device manager... but it will be hard for you to look at that without mouse or keyboard

Did you install a software to remote control your pipo (teamviewer, vnc,...) ?

Comment

Had you also tried another PSU (12V/>=2A)?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Had you also tried another PSU (12V/>=2A)?
            NO,
            I have only used the original.
            Could work with another power supply? Which could be an appropriate one for the pipo x7?

Comment

NO,
              I have only used the original.
              Could work with another power supply? Which could be an appropriate one for the pipo x7?
              I have a USB powered Touro 1TB harddrive connected and the mouse and keyboard still works. Mind you, I also changed the power supply to 12V 3A, so maybe that helped. I didn't buy the new power supply, I had one at home that I wasn't using anymore so I swapped it out.

Comment

The problem is that my pipo can´t move a mouse or a keyboard but it can move the rest of the system. I will search if i have another power supply to try it.

Thanks!

Comment

A mouse and keyboard are working with one usb adapter? I mean, what if the problem is not in the ports? You tried to connect other mouse? And if you just stick the USB-drive, has some sort of reaction?

Comment

Originally posted by lunnik2 View Post
                    A mouse and keyboard are working with one usb adapter? I mean, what if the problem is not in the ports? You tried to connect other mouse? And if you just stick the USB-drive, has some sort of reaction?
                    No.

I tested:

A wifi keyboard + trackpad (logitech k400), the first day worked fine, the second day left working in the pipo.

A wired optical mouse, that doesn´t.

Both items works correctly in other tablet and pc.

I haven´t try a usb drive, i will test it this night.

Comment

Have you tried plugging the wired mouse in all four USB ports? Make sure to use only one of the four ports at a time and leave the other three free, to avoid any probable electrical shorts.

You should also check if the USB ports provide correct power. If you do not have the proper equipment, try to charge a mobile phone. As above, check each one separately.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                        If you do not have the proper equipment, try to charge a mobile phone
                        Excellent, loko, and I thought how to check the voltage at the port without a tester? And so at least approximately..

Comment

Nothing.

I tested the usb ports with a mobile with the same result.

The usb ports are dead.

I will return my pipo

Comment

Maybe your power adapter is causing all the trouble.

Before returning the device, check it with another 12V power adapter from an old modem/router, even if it is rated only 1A.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                              Maybe your power adapter is causing all the trouble.

Before returning the device, check it with another 12V power adapter from an old modem/router, even if it is rated only 1A.
                              I tested one 12 PS of rated 1.5A of a external hard-disk, and i had the same result. The pipo starts correctly but its usb no.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X