How install custom recovery TWRP to Cube talk 9x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bleck View Post
    This looks great ! Can be done on the tablet alone. Siince it's a blind copy (byte for byte, including partition and formating date, etc.) I guess the format of the image is very important. I downloaded an image (listed in the recovery list post of the forum) but it's in bin format.

Does the recovery depend on the partition scheme of the tablet internal memory ? I read expressions like "CMW zip-file for 6Gb app space"…

Addtional question : do you know which is the exepected file system so that i can havt a look at its content before flashing it ?
    As far as naming convention goes the file passed to dd should be named *.img
    I flashed this one : ftp://109.87.84.155/CUBE/U65GT/Recov.../2.8.6.0/ (link found somewhere the russian forum...)

I don't have answers to the last 2 questions.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhael View Post
      As far as naming convention goes the file passed to dd should be named *.img
      I finally got a Custom Recovery that uses img format from Lepi's signature (TWRP_2.8.5.0 : https://yadi.sk/d/wexl8of_egGRc).
      I installed it using the terminal app method (#14) and got a nice TWRP running on my tab

No need for a USB wire, pc application, tab-pc connection… If you have an unrar/unzip app installed on the tab, you don't even need a pc nor a sdcard. On your tab : browse, download, unrar, install !

Comment

Originally posted by bleck View Post
        I finally got a Custom Recovery that uses img format from Lepi's signature (TWRP_2.8.5.0 : https://yadi.sk/d/wexl8of_egGRc).
        I installed it using the terminal app method (#14) and got a nice TWRP running on my tab

No need for a USB wire, pc application, tab-pc connection… If you have an unrar/unzip app installed on the tab, you don't even need a pc nor a sdcard. On your tab : browse, download, unrar, install !
        I have built TWRP 3 from sources for this tab a few time ago.

TWRP 3.0.2 has been here on FreakTab for a few months

I just updated it to TWRP 3.1.1 and moved the project to XDA Developers (where i host my other projects).
        Last edited by pix64; 05-20-2017, 16:11.

Comment

Working...
        X