How do you move apps to SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you move apps to SD card

I am trying to move apps from the app store to SD card to save space. I know that I need to use regedit to change permissions on the appz folder in hkey/software. Any help out there? I know it can be done with 8 but not sure about 8.1. Thanks

Who cares about the AppStore. Just download apps the old fashioned way and sel ct the installation drive you want during the setup wizard.

Comment

There are many apps already installed in this folder wasting our minimal storage space. As a non app store example I have kodi installed on external hdd but it still uses up over .5gb of storage on the hard drive because it needs kodi files in the windows user folder to operate properly just like Google Chrome does. So I feel that the issue should be discussed to see if there is a way in 8.1 to install windows apps to the SD card. Is the SD card just for media? I'm just trying to find a way to increase storage space as windows updates over the next year or so will eat up a significant amount of the remaining 10 to 13 gb of storage space remaining after the system is set up with in my opinion just the basics more or less.

Comment

My SD card is mounted as a folder in the C drive already. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Sometimes it's also helpful to use the portable version of an app/program (e.g. Chrome because it stores download first at 'internal store' (a directory) before it move it to the destination folder) so you can chose where to place it...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Sometimes it's also helpful to use the portable version of an app/program (e.g. Chrome because it stores download first at 'internal store' (a directory) before it move it to the destination folder) so you can chose where to place it...
            Thanks for the tip. I will try this.
            Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X