AW: Ematic 7" Pro series EGP007BL

Can you try to make a From Dump?
    A How To is Posted in this tread.

Thx

Neomode

Send from my Mobil.

Comment

Need a valid driver to connect through adb.exe

There is no valid driver for this device. I have worked through the process to have my PC recognize the Tablet through android_winusb.inf, but when using the command adb.exe devices, there are no devices to display. when I issue the command adb.exe usb, an error message comes up say no devices present.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        Yes it does, try to Reach Ematic to get the Rom.
        Hope the will Answering me.
        One of the first things I tried was getting the drivers then the img from ematic but they stated that they had neither of them available

Comment

adb.exe now sees my device

OK I was able to get adb.exe to see my device. I followed the instructions from http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...sing-ADB-guide til step 3i. After step 3i I went to C:\users/{yourusername}/.android and then opened up adb_usb_.ini in notepad and added the value 0x2207 a couple lines below the instructions. saved the file and then exited out. I went into device manager again and unistalled and deleted the device driver for the tablet. I then reconnected the usb cable for the tablet and manually set the driver to the one in the adroid development tools folder again. You'll get a warning but just install the driver anyway. After this I followed the rest of the document but when I try to execute /data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock5 /sdcard/update.img it tells me unknown image (00 00 00 00) any ideas as to how I can get this ROM dumped from here?

Comment

Ematic 7" Pro series EGP007BL

Hey Rainer,
            Maybe you should try to reach out to Marshal since he seems to have access to the the device through adb.
            This is where we were hung up on mine. I think he might be 1 hour closer to you.

-Brian
            -"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
            -Hunter Stockton Thompson

Comment

rkdump isnt working on most ROMs now. Too bad too. The latest way to dump a tablet is using linux and RKflash tool. Or use ADB and use the DD command to dump the ROM to SDcard.
              If this is a RK device all we need is backup.img.

To find backup.img in NAND run this from ADB
              adb shell
              su
              cat /proc/mtd

It will list the NAND partitions with offset and size.
              Then use DD command to dump backup.img

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Ematic 7" Pro series EGP007BL

I may see if I can code something up in python to pull the images using rkflash tool. I think we would need a good how to for compiling the flash tool.
                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hey all,
                  Has anyone had any luck thus far getting the dump? I'm still hitting a brick wall.

-Brian

Comment

Succes !!

We have get a Rom Dump of this Ematic Device.
                    No Working on a Custom Rom.

Neomode

Comment

YES! I got to be the guinea pig!!!

Now, hopefully, no more getting up at 5am on Sundays.

Once we get the custom ROM flashed to the tablet, we'll be sure to let the whole world know!

-Brian

Comment

wonderful

I just to let everyone know who has been working on this project that u guys r great. My son will totally love this tablet when all is said and done. That u so much for ur hard work amd detication. I will definitly be donating to help keep this site going

Thx

Ryan

Comment

Got one of these for Christmas... Normally I'm a Nexus person but hadn't really thought much about buying a tablet until this fell in my lap. I've been trying to root it similar to my Nexus 4, and have been trying to install a market/play store of some sort, with no luck. It'll all install but never work. I'm sure everyone here knows how it's going.

Looking forward to what you guys come up with! I'm willing to be a test dummy if you need an idiot to test anything out!

Also, Finless/Bob... Did you get bored with toy helicopters?

-Eric

Comment

Re: Ematic 7" Pro series EGP007BL

Did anyone manage to dump the rom for this? I can help with pulling the images from linux.
                            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

AW: Ematic 7" Pro series EGP007BL

The ROM for Ematic is finished, all I need is the Kernel File.
                              I think we can Dump it via Adb.

When we got the Kernel we got a full ROM.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem HTC HD2 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Great!

Excellent! I would love to help if I can... I don't know what's gone wrong but I get nothing in "adb devices" in command prompt so I don't know what to do to make it work.

I have 2 Linux computers (Ubuntu) and while I'm not very good at Linux, if you have a good set of instructions I'm sure I can figure it out...

Let me know if I can help!!!

Thanks guys!

EDIT: I should also mention that I can't find a sticky about kernel dumping via search? Or in a sticky anywhere that seems reasonable to look through... Link me over if it should be self-explanatory!

-Eric
                                Last edited by rccardude04; 01-02-2013, 03:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X