MX1 New Stock Firmware Release,Big Improve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

We are not ignoring this post, i have talked with Finless, and i am talking with imito factory for the sourcing code.

the imito factory tell me they will try to work with rockchip to check. it is not imito problem, it is rockchip, rockchip don't want to release the source code, and they also don't allow their users to release the sourcing code,if any user like"imito" release the source code, then they will stop working with them, and i think that is sucks.

but imito factory tell me they are still trying to talk with rockchip, and try to check if they can release a beta version of sourcing code and i am also here, sending emails to rockchip, i tell them, only release the sourcing code can make their sales huge!!! they don't know how stupid they are when they don't allow to release the sourcing code!
    Last edited by geekbuying; 12-04-2012, 03:07.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

HI, the new cell phone control app do not need root to use. and i am checking your other questions now.

Originally posted by suroboyo View Post
      Hi, thanks for the update. Now I don't have to install a specific app for hiding the status bar. However, if I may, a suggestion could be pointed to this matter. It would be a lot better if the status bar could be set as autohide, instead of being hidden "manually" by the user. The thing is, I usually use it sticking to my TV with XBMC at autostart. With my good old MK802 II, the status bar did the autohide as soon as XBMC is running, but the MX1 still requires me to have a click for that. Don't get me wrong, this is really good, I like it, but could be closer to perfection for me.

Secondly, I tried WiFi hotspot before and after the update... and, still no change. I hope it's not a faulty item and could be fixed at the next update. Clicking the corresponding check box only gave me a statement saying it's being turned on... forever. I don't know whether this happens to MX2 too, because my package is still somewhere between me and you... which means, yes, I bought it from Geekbuying.

Regarding the bonus remote app, does it require root? If yes, then it won't have too many difference to DroidMote. Sometimes I wonder why iMito does not produce rooted sticks from the start. But rooting is quite simple, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
      Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        Hi

We are not ignoring this post, i have talked with BOB, and i am talking with imito factory for the sourcing code.

the imito factory tell me they will try to work with rockchip to check. it is not imito problem, it is rockchip, rockchip don't want to release the source code, and they also don't allow their users to release the sourcing code,if any user like"imito" release the source code, then they will stop working with them, and i think that is sucks.

but imito factory tell me they are still trying to talk with rockchip, and try to check if they can release a beta version of sourcing code and i am also here, sending emails to rockchip, i tell them, only release the sourcing code can make their sales huge!!! they don't know how stupid they are when they don't allow to release the sourcing code!
        Hi

We are not ignoring this post, I have talked with BOB, and I am talking with imito factory for the sourcing code.

geekbuying, I am not sure you understand what people are talking about. There is NO WAY Rockchip as a major chip maker is trying to tell “companies” to violate GPL licensing! NO WAY! I do not care if it is Imito, Rickomagic, or whatever! Android is GPL licensed! Do you know what the means? It means ALL manufacturers of devices with Android UNDER GPL Licensing, MUST release source code!

China companies are seeming to ignore this fact but it is pissing OFF the community at large! So you know a company releasing source code would give them MAJOR MARKETING advantage in this market! China is naive to GPL for sure.... But trust major consequences can happen to them if a lawyer decides to get involved with these China companies NOT complying to GPL licensing!

I refer you to these links:

GPL licensing WORLDWIDE!
        http://gpl-violations.org/

ALL companies using Android must abide!
        http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resou...nce-guide.html

Then finally on this WebSite we did FORCE a company to release source code by getting it DONE! Read this thread on FreakTab where we all made it happen!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...=Arnova+source

So Geekbuying….. Not to make you look bad, but if these companies are telling you that RockChip is forcing their development partners to not release source code….. I think that is a MAJOR violation of GPL licensing! And trust me… there are a million lawyers in the USA that would LOVE to take that problem on!

So no offense but I call BS… I think these companies that are saying that do not understand the RockChip SDK from Android GPL! Probably a mistake I am sure.??? They do not need to release RockChip SDK stuff BUT THEY DO HAVE TO RELEASE Android NDK and SDK sources!

I am telling you now that failure and continuation to do so, will eventually result in import restrictions for product! I am sure some lawyer will grab onto this as a class action hitting many of these China companies with GPL license violations! Lawyers will win by getting a huger percentage. We the consumer WILL loose in the end. Loss of product or higher prices. PLEASE... LISTEN TO ME... DO NOT go down this rat hole. Do what is required by GPL licensing and release the freakin source code! Then there is nothing to fear... If you don't, I promise you it wont be long until the SHIT hits the fan in a big way.

Bob
        Last edited by Finless; 12-04-2012, 03:27.
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Freescale is great promise in Tablets/TV Sticks. Perhaps the support/source code better than Rockchip.
          Last edited by blackk; 12-04-2012, 05:03.

Comment

I was regretted that he had bought from the MX1 for such attitude RockChip & Co
            And many people think the same way ...
            What prevents them from open source code, the more they have to do it under the terms of GPL ?
            I do not understand...
            Rockchip RK3066: Imito MX1 + Imito MX2
            Amlogic 8726-M6: Tronsmart Prometheus II
            Waiting RK3166 & Allwinner A31

Comment

Thanks for the info. Anyway I wrote an email to the address you gave in the OP but only got a reply by robot and nothing else after. Is it possible for me to get the app by sending the order number and email address to you via PM?

HI, the new cell phone control app do not need root to use. and i am checking your other questions now.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Anyway I wrote an email to the address you gave in the OP but only got a reply by robot and nothing else after. Is it possible for me to get the app by sending the order number and email address to you via PM?
                Same for me, no answer...

Comment

Originally posted by elflyer View Post
                  Same for me, no answer...
                  Please check on your trash box or spam box, some of our email has gone there, if you haven't got the app,please also can PM your order number, i will ask my colleague to send again.

thanks
                  Looking for developers

Comment

Please check on your trash box or spam box, some of our email has gone there, if you haven't got the app,please also can PM your order number, i will ask my colleague to send again.

thanks
                    message received today:
                    "i understand it. pls. do not worry.we will send the apk soon"

It'll have been easier to get the apk attached to the email...
                    well, we'll wait

Comment

Question, with this new rom it is possible to switch off the mx1 with the power off button on the taskbar.

But how do you switch the mx1 back on?

Comment

message received today:
                        "i understand it. pls. do not worry.we will send the apk soon"

It'll have been easier to get the apk attached to the email...
                        well, we'll wait
                        Well, days are running... and not a single byte of the promised apk....
                        does it really exist ?

Comment

Well, days are running... and not a single byte of the promised apk....
                          does it really exist ?
                          Yes, it does exist!

It was sent to me as promised. I've not tried it though, as the MX1 is a Xmas gift.

If I could work out how to attach it to a pm, I would send it to you.

I was asked by Geekbuying not to release it onto the web. It is only for their customers, sorry.

Cheers,
                          Xizor

Comment

Working...
                          X