No announcement yet.

1080p patch for NEW - MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless 1.5A Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1080p patch for NEW - MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless 1.5A Custom ROM

CROSSPOST: http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...php?f=13&t=793

Hi guys,

based on the stock 720p kernel.img from Finless 1.5A ROM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-5A-Custom-ROM, I created a patched kernel.img (see attached) that ONLY differs from the stock 720p in the 16 bytes that were necessary (+some credits) to turn the 720p into an 1080p firmware, NOTHING ELSE WAS CHANGED!

The patch is limited to the changes that enable 1080p that without tampering anything else... (Using AndrewDB's kernel sources, I diffed the disassembled 720p+1080p object files to see what is the changeset, disassembled the stock 720p kernel, searched for the right context of the changeset and injected the changes)

HOW TO:
    - Use Finless 1.5A ROM, but flash the attached kernel.img instead of the kernel.img that is shipped with Finless.
    - If you already have Finless 1.5A running, you can just flash the kernel.img (only tick kernel in the flash tool!).
    - Your device will boot into 1080p mode. You can verify this with screeinfo.
    - YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO CHANGE the HDMI mode in android settings to 1080p!

- !!!FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

You will see an ugly looking splash screen while boot because the splash screen is for 720p...

DOWNLOAD: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0O...GJnNzRtWXZHSFE

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot tell you WHICH of the community-based 1080p kernels is the best one. My premise was to do only minimal-invasive changes to the stock kernel that is supplied with Finless 1.5A, as this runs pretty rock solid for me (Wifi etc.) and was only lacking 1080p. The other community kernels are afaik built completely from the "leaked" kernel sources and *MAY* carry more (unwanted) differences to the stock kernel.

dero
    Last edited by dero; 12-04-2012, 10:39.

Nice work Dero, I will flash it tonight and test it out!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
      Thanks Guys.

Testing tonight.

Comment

does the video run smoothly?

Bob
        Hello guys, newbie here

I have flashed other 1080ps on my 1.5a mk808 but had to revert back to original filness kernel.

with stock filness 1.5a I do not have any issue on video being that from within the video player or xbmc.

when I flashed with 1080p kernels (both Kizs and other) the video playback started to skip frames on regular SD or 720p videos.

Can you report how is the video playback after the 1080p flash?

Comment

Bob
          Thanks Bob - can't wait for the results. Not sure where you find all the time to do your magic but keep up the awesome work.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrorzilla View Post
            Thanks Bob - can't wait for the results. Not sure where you find all the time to do your magic but keep up the awesome work.
            It's called a PASSION.... Not sure why I do it either honestly but like any hobby, when your learning it is always fun.....

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have tested this kernel (on a MK808), and it is very slow, similar to deadhp1s 1080p kernel.

The Desktop is very slow. (seems about 20fps maybe worse)

When I run MX player with 1080 h264 it stutters a lot. probably able to hold about 10-15fps.

The fastest 1080p kernel by a long shot is the finless 1.7a. The desktop is very smooth, and the 1080 content mentioned above is flawless.

The kernel by KIZS is also able to do the 1080p video smoothly, but its not a smooth as finless bobs kernel from 1.7.

Finless - cant wait for you to port finless it to MK808.

Thanks to all above for your hard work!

Comment

update.img

hi, I tried to flash the update.img from deadph1 with the finless tool and selected it in the backup item.

I already flashed finless 1.5a and the wanted to flash the deadph1. But after the flash it gave an error.
                I only selected the backup. What am i doing wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by btje View Post
                  hi, I tried to flash the update.img from deadph1 with the finless tool and selected it in the backup item.

I already flashed finless 1.5a and the wanted to flash the deadph1. But after the flash it gave an error.
                  I only selected the backup. What am i doing wrong??
                  Better use the flashtool that is included with Finless 1.5a. Then, ONLY flash your favorite kernel.img (deadhp1's or mine) -- only tick kernel and untick everything else and hit "Flash ROM". (Or use rkflashtool for linux -- that's what I am using)

dero

Comment

Originally posted by dero View Post
                    Better use the flashtool that is included with Finless 1.5a. Then, ONLY flash your favorite kernel.img (deadhp1's or mine) -- only tick kernel and untick everything else and hit "Flash ROM". (Or use rkflashtool for linux -- that's what I am using)

dero
                    That is what I want. The other flash tool gives an error with the config file. Now the just kernel flash is clear but with the firmware from DeadPH1 I have just a update.img Where do I put this in the finless flash tool .

Comment

That is what I want. The other flash tool gives an error with the config file. Now the just kernel flash is clear but with the firmware from DeadPH1 I have just a update.img Where do I put this in the finless flash tool .
                      Do you mean the firmware posted on geekbuying? It's a full update-package. You only need the kernel.img from deadhp1, which you can find at his forum...

dero

Comment

Originally posted by dero View Post
                        Do you mean the firmware posted on geekbuying? It's a full update-package. You only need the kernel.img from deadhp1, which you can find at his forum...

dero
                        Yes that is the same as posted on the armtctech forum by deadph. I thought that had some more changes than only the kernel. And therfore I would like to use that. Do I need to extract the image?

Comment

If you have a kernel.img, just flash it! It's a linux binary -- you can't "extract" it. You can identify the kernel.img by KRNL as the first characters in the img file.

I only needed to make changes to the kernel.img (acutally only 16 bytes + some credits) to enable 1080p support. So, everything else can stay at it is...

Comment

I don't want to flash jut the kernel I want to flash the FULL rom of deadph with the tool from finless.

Comment

I don't want to flash jut the kernel I want to flash the FULL rom of deadph with the tool from finless.
                              i think that will not work, cus Bob added more app space (1GB)

Comment

Working...
                              X