Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to remotely turn on Imito MX1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, I just installed the Finless 1.5 ROM and I am enjoying it. There is a soft power feature to turn off the device, which is great, but I was wondering if there was a way to turn it back on remotely? I am currently using my phone via droidmote to control the Imito MX1 and was hoping to find a solution to turn the device back on while still using my phone. Thanks.

No, there is no way. Only way is to unplug it and plug it back in.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I can turn my MX2 on with my ipazzport, FN+Enter same as Control+Alt+Delete. Takes about 10 sek then it starts.

Comment

Why turn it off? I never turn off my Android phone, never turn off my 3 android tablets, they are designed to just run 24/7. Just leave it on, they draw almost not power. The less you power cycle electronics the longer they last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bug Splat View Post
          Why turn it off? I never turn off my Android phone, never turn off my 3 android tablets, they are designed to just run 24/7. Just leave it on, they draw almost not power. The less you power cycle electronics the longer they last.
          I would love to keep device on the way you said, but I am also confused...
          Mobiles and tablets are meant to operate continuously, but they are not meant to keep continuously under power supply. I believe continuous charging of mobile device for days can damage mobile device.

So, I am not sure how our mini PC devices are meant for?

If someone in contact with manufacture can confirm this? I believe everyone has this doubt and no one 100% sure...

Comment

Re: Is there a way to remotely turn on Imito MX1?

Originally posted by RmatriX1218 View Post
            I would love to keep device on the way you said, but I am also confused...
            Mobiles and tablets are meant to operate continuously, but they are not meant to keep continuously under power supply. I believe continuous charging of mobile device for days can damage mobile device.

So, I am not sure how our mini PC devices are meant for?

If someone in contact with manufacture can confirm this? I believe everyone has this doubt and no one 100% sure...
            the magic word is "charging"

you are NOT charging the mini PC since there's no battery in it

the continuous charging damages only batteries.

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

Originally posted by savvas42091 View Post
              ... but I was wondering if there was a way to turn it back on remotely? ...
              I thought about this previously and thought if I got a one of those "green" power points or power boards that come with a remote so you can switch them off remotely that would work. You would need to power the MX1 with a USB adapter which plugs into the power point.

I haven't actually done it myself but there is no reason why it wouldn't work.

The reason I was thinking about it was that way I could turn the whole lot on or off with my harmony remote.

If you don't know what I am talking about Watts Clever is one company that sells them.

Comment

Here is one with remote I have been eyeing for my setup with my Imito MX2

Markus31788

P.S. You will need to use your usb power adapter...also not in stock at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Mique View Post
                  I can turn my MX2 on with my ipazzport, FN+Enter same as Control+Alt+Delete. Takes about 10 sek then it starts.
                  If this is true there must be a way.

Can't find the right key combo on my RC11 though. Anyone else like to back up Mique's claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                    If this is true there must be a way.

Can't find the right key combo on my RC11 though. Anyone else like to back up Mique's claim?
                    I tried with my Trust and i works. So it should work with any keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Mique View Post
                      I tried with my Trust and i works. So it should work with any keyboard
                      Well, I can't get it to work on my RC11 air mouse/keyboard.

Can you tell us exactly what you are doing, please? Do you hold the keys down?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Ctrl+alt+delete does work on a USB keyboard but I do not see how it could work with a wifi keyboard as when it's off, there is no wifi!

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Ctrl+alt+delete does work on a USB keyboard but I do not see how it could work with a wifi keyboard as when it's off, there is no wifi!

Bob
                          It's not really WiFi, it has a USB 2.4GHz dongle. I can wake up my PC from standby with my wireless keyboard with a similar dongle.

Comment

Originally posted by morias View Post
                            I thought about this previously and thought if I got a one of those "green" power points or power boards that come with a remote so you can switch them off remotely that would work. You would need to power the MX1 with a USB adapter which plugs into the power point.
                            I got myself one of these and will try it out.

Comment

Hi all,
                              i flashed iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 to my ug007 all is brilliant and I confirm I can start the ug007 via FN+Enter/ Control+Alt+Delete.
                              Im using this http://m.aliexpress.com/item/457421084.html.
                              Boot time varies but all works.

Thanks bob for all your hard work.

Comment

Working...
                              X