Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hy i am new here and need advice which stick to buy

Hy guys,

normaly i am on xda with my xoom, samsung google nexus or lg optimus speed. I only use custom firmware. Now i find this forum while searching for a android tv player stick.

At http://www.geekbuying.com i find nearly every stick to buy.

What stick should i buy?

MK808 ug802 gk802 imito ...... there are so many. As i read until now, i hope i am right, with ug802 i can get full 1080p support. From the specs and the price i want to buy a MK808. And there isd also a 1080p Firmware out:
    Big Thanks to my US Friend, we are finally working out a real 1080p firmware for MK808, here is the firmware download link: https://docs.google.com/a/geekbuying.com/file/d/0B2J_Nqv8IludekdMVFczelo2VUk/edit or http://ultramegabit.com/file/details/VD8VMvohPUU   Firmware update method, you can check here: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2012/09/28/mk808-mini-pc-new-factory-firmware-release/   and here is some screenshot after you flash: In this Version, the CPU will be set to 1.4Ghz, it […]

I have here a usb2net stick with dm9601 chip. Did this work on the sticks?

Also i didn´t find a advice thread....

So please, which is the best buy at the moment to get the most.. :-D

THX a lot for you advice and best regards
    Craxx

come on give me some tips ;-)

Comment

Looks like all the TV Player guys are sleeping in today.

Sorry, I don't have a clue...I'm a tablet guy.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

AW: Hy i am new here and need advice which stick to buy

Thx for answer... The hope die at least ;-)

Craxx;-)

Send from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk :-)

Comment

I got an mk808-B I'm not sure what to say about it or how to compare to others as it's my first.

I'm not sure if the stick TV thing is there yet based off of this one. I know there's an MK808 no blu tooth. Which has more develpoed roms hence it's been out longer.

My current problems with my mk808b is that i feel the oem firmware is garbage and it needs a few revisions to make it worth having.

just m 2c

Comment

Thx andyc ;-)

What is about the gk802?
            After reading a lot, i think i order a gk802...

Craxx;-)

Comment

You have speed above 12Mbps with chipset DM9601? It seems to me that the TV Sticks are built in USB v1.1. Has anyone not get more speed with this chipset (eg: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-adapter-UG802).
              Thanks.

Comment

Yeah it looks sweet, I like the heatsink as the case, seems... like a good idea, as long as you dont need a pot holder to touch it lol.

Because it's a 4x core it possibly has longer staying power in the market. if they woulda released it last month i probably would of gotten it over my mk808b.

But since i feel like the firm ware was half baked on my device i wonder how good is the firmware on other devices. From being used to my phone or any other polished device its an interesting trip playing with one of these. ie finding out what accessories to buy that do work... lotsa homework to be done...

Comment

Originally posted by blackk View Post
                  You have speed above 12Mbps with chipset DM9601? It seems to me that the TV Sticks are built in USB v1.1. Has anyone not get more speed with this chipset (eg: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-adapter-UG802).
                  Thanks.
                  I've only done WiFi and I get 10-12Mbps download and about 7 consistently Upload waiting on my hub to consider Ethernet, but until i can get a streaming video service to work besides Youtube idc.

Comment

Hy guys thx for answer :-D

So i should/would buy the gk802 ;-)

Craxx;-)

Comment

Dont know how to answer that one, but See what problems people have with what and try to see what's new on the horizon and make a balanced decision. If i was you I'd wait til i got another response from someone else.

Or Hey Finless you work with a lot of the stick TVs you have any preferences?

Comment

Re: Hy i am new here and need advice which stick to buy

here's a comparison

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MK808-Dual-Core-Android-4-1-Jelly-Bean-TV-BOX-Rockchip-RK3066-Cortex-A9-Mini-PC-stick-307415.html What everyone think? Anybody took the leap and bought it yet? I was thinking about getting one so I don't have to...

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

Thx a lot :-D
                          The comparison is very interesting ;-)

Last night i ordered the gk802 with express. When it comes i will see and post my impression.

I think at this moment it's the best buy for 89€ incl. Express shipping.

And as i read Finless is working on a rom for gk802 ;-)

Best regards
                          Craxx;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Craxx View Post
                            Thx a lot :-D
                            The comparison is very interesting ;-)

Last night i ordered the gk802 with express. When it comes i will see and post my impression.

I think at this moment it's the best buy for 89€ incl. Express shipping.

And as i read Finless is working on a rom for gk802 ;-)

Best regards
                            Craxx;-)

Do you have a link to the GK802 at $89

Comment

Yes:-D
                              China-1 Stock | Buy Zealz GK802 Freescale i.MX6 Quad Core Android Mini PC Cortex-A9 DDR3 1GB RAM 8GB ROM TV Box Dongle Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

... it's cheaper ;-)

Craxx;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X