Hy i am new here and need advice which stick to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im betting on mk802IIIS

Just ordered 2 mk802IIIS Bluetooth 8gig from geekbuying they have native android phone/tablet controller app on android store no need for droidmote saw video with guy using phone g sensor to steer playing need 4 speed most wanted! Pulse same app on phone let him throw the pictures music and videos to the mk802IIIS auto opened the viewer app! I will let you know how it goes!

I would wait until quad core rk3188 and I hope 2gig ram 16gig ROM near $70 or less! Made by rikomagic or ugoos
    Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
    HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
    ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Rivers recommendation

Hey Rivers here from Somecooltech on youtube. I do a lot of work testing androd TV sticks. I recommend the imito Mx1/2 right now. The ROM's are great and the performance is pretty good. I thinkthe GK802 is going to be awesome in the future when more custom ROMs come out but that might be a little way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Craxx View Post
        Yes:-D
        China-1 Stock | Buy Zealz GK802 Freescale i.MX6 Quad Core Android Mini PC Cortex-A9 DDR3 1GB RAM 8GB ROM TV Box Dongle Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

... it's cheaper ;-)

Craxx;-)

Send from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk :-)
        according to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...e=IMX6X_SERIES ... an i.MX6 could be 1, 2, or 4 core ... any way to be sure this is actually the quad-core?

... it also purports 150mbps wi-fi ... can anyone confirm that?!

Comment

Originally posted by neodoom View Post
          Just ordered 2 mk802IIIS Bluetooth 8gig from geekbuying they have native android phone/tablet controller app on android store no need for droidmote saw video with guy using phone g sensor to steer playing need 4 speed most wanted! Pulse same app on phone let him throw the pictures music and videos to the mk802IIIS auto opened the viewer app! I will let you know how it goes!

I would wait until quad core rk3188 and I hope 2gig ram 16gig ROM near $70 or less! Made by rikomagic or ugoos

Second the recommendation on MK802 IIIS. From what I have heard over at XDA Developers (from senior kernel developer) is that the device has decent build quality (also comes with ESD protection), good WiFi, and is easy to get custom kernels for it (for additional hardware support)

Biggest downside to the device is the manufacturers ROM (from a historical perspective), as soon as I get mine I can confirm just how bad the ROM is.
          Last edited by digiPixel; 01-06-2013, 20:45. Reason: Adding link to post on XDA forums

Comment

Originally posted by riversdirect View Post
            Hey Rivers here from Somecooltech on youtube. I do a lot of work testing androd TV sticks. I recommend the imito Mx1/2 right now.
            Sure the Imito MX1/2 is good software wise but the build quality can be very mixed, more so towards the bad side. With the Imitio there are two coloured boards - red (bad quality) and blue (good quality).

Red board has broken WiFi antenna and may also have USB ports that break off easily, especially the mini USB one Blue board has decent WiFi antenna in the right position on the board, but may also suffer from broken USB ports like the red one.

With that in mind it is much easier to have the software side fixed (by reflashing with a new ROM) than it is to fix the hardware, without causing the device to break down further. Geek Buying appear to be selling the Imito MX1/2 with the dodgy red board, very bad news.

Comment

AW: Hy i am new here and need advice which stick to buy

Until i wait for my ordered gk802 i have a question. What's about the finnless rom for gk802... did it come the next days?

Craxx;-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk :-)

Comment

Working...
              X