Arnova 9 g2 - portrait screen upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 9 g2 - portrait screen upside down

I have noticed that some apps appear to be upside down when launched - by this i mean that in portrait mode i would expect the ports (usb, sd card, etc) to be at the top. From what i can tell there seems to be som default setting somewhere which is 180 degrees wrong in portrait mode.

Does any one have any ideas on how to correct this on a rooted device?

This is the same for the 10 G2. What some consider upside down may not be considered by others as upside down

It's in the ROM how the tablet decides orientation. I will look at this later but for now that is how Arnova made it.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      This is the same for the 10 G2. What some consider upside down may not be considered by others as upside down

It's in the ROM how the tablet decides orientation. I will look at this later but for now that is how Arnova made it.

Bob
      pulled this off the Rockchip CM7 project page, it says to open term and setprop ..., but of course you can just edit build.prop

How to tweak accelerometer axes
      try some of following properties:
      accelerometer.flip_xy=1
      accelerometer.invert_x=1
      accelerometer.invert_y=1
      accelerometer.invert_z=1
      these can be set from shell e.g. setprop accelerometer.flip_xy 1. after setprop, auto-rotate off->on to reflect properties. once you get correct settings, add necessary lines into /system/build.prop. in most cases, one of followings will work:
      accelerometer.flip_xy=1
      accelerometer.invert_x=1
      or
      accelerometer.invert_x=1

Comment

Maybe could be included in next custom ROM?

Originally posted by chidave09 View Post
        pulled this off the Rockchip CM7 project page, it says to open term and setprop ..., but of course you can just edit build.prop
        This is great feedback however I'm not too sure how to make this change. Maybe having included in the next custom ROM would be viable? Failing that, Any pointers on how I can do this would be very helpful.

Comment

Forget it.... SOme of us tried changing these values and it did nothing.
          It's going to be a driver that controlls this. I know Fenice57 might be working on a fix for this.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

sorry it didn't help for you, I just know it helped when I flashed cm on a different rk29 based tab that I have. the trick is you have to find the exact combo for your tab, I don't believe all options were shown in the info I posted. wish you all luck with this though

Comment

Orientation Control app

Hi, i use an app called "orientation control". With it, you can set the tablet in "reverse portrait mode" from notification bar.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by zemanuev6 View Post
                Hi, i use an app called "orientation control". With it, you can set the tablet in "reverse portrait mode" from notification bar.

Regards
                Great find!
                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                  Great find!
                  good workaround but ideally arnova should fix it. i've raised a support email / ticket to arnova and let's see what comes back

Comment

Working...
                  X