BAD EXPERIENCE WITH IMITO FROM GEEKBUYING.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH IMITO FROM GEEKBUYING.COM

My younger brother and I both purchased imito mx1, he lives in Paris and he orderred it from ****, I on the other hand live in Florida , USA and decided to get it straight from china from geekbuying.com. My imito never got the option to 1080p as I was expected. It came already "fixed up" for 1280p x 720p both options (60 hz and 50 hz). I tried to do everything in my power to upgrade the mx1 to the 1080p resolution, root it and upgrade it with an update.image file. All I got was to see it stuck in the "imito mx series" screen. He on the other hand got one with the 1080p option already. My brother doesn't have to root it or experiment with it to get the best resolution according to what he wants to see on the screen. My best advice to those hoping to get one:
    NEVER PURCHASE A DEVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AFTERWARD. Make sure that when you pay for it you are somehow protected to get your money back if you're not satisfied with the item. I'm sure the imito that I received was already "fixed" by those guys at geekbuying.com... because my brother's came already with all the resolution screen options the first day.
    I lost $60.00 by dealing with those guys.... don't be another victime of greed and irresponsability.
    this advice is free.
    thanks for your attention.

last minute note: I'm not looking for getting my money back if that's what you think, I only wanted to get what I paid for. Even a fair exchange for a second one having to pay for the return would have been in order... honesty is something that comes with LUCK in those "miracle devices" made in China these days.
    Last edited by MIGUEL; 01-12-2013, 20:49. Reason: note

Originally posted by MIGUEL View Post

My younger brother and I both purchased imito mx1, he lives in Paris and he orderred it from ****, I on the other hand live in Florida , USA and decided to get it straight from china from geekbuying.com. My imito never got the option to 1080p as I was expected. It came already "fixed up" for 1280p x 720p both options (60 hz and 50 hz). I tried to do everything in my power to upgrade the mx1 to the 1080p resolution, root it and upgrade it with an update.image file. All I got was to see it stuck in the "imito mx series" screen. He on the other hand got one with the 1080p option already. My brother doesn't have to root it or experiment with it to get the best resolution according to what he wants to see on the screen. My best advice to those hoping to get one:
    NEVER PURCHASE A DEVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AFTERWARD. Make sure that when you pay for it you are somehow protected to get your money back if you're not satisfied with the item. I'm sure the imito that I received was already "fixed" by those guys at geekbuying.com... because my brother's came already with all the resolution screen options the first day.
    I lost $60.00 by dealing with those guys.... don't be another victime of greed and irresponsability.
    this advice is free.
    thanks for your attention.

last minute note: I'm not looking for getting my money back if that's what you think, I only wanted to get what I paid for. Even a fair exchange for a second one having to pay for the return would have been in order... honesty is something that comes with LUCK in those "miracle devices" made in China these days.
    Why don't you just flash my ROM and get your 1080, root, etc. I gaurentee you the one your brother got probably had my ROM on it anyway. Those **** sellers are using it and upgrading it using one of the rooted ROMs available.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I tried, believe me!

I tried to upgrade with your ROM and I couldn't. The notebook kept saying "no drives for this" The problem is bigger now. I can't make it out from the boot loop. All I did was root it in order to upgrade it, then I "updated" the mx1 with a file [update.image] given by geekbuying.com that was suppoed to introduce the 1080p resolution. I never got over the 720 x 1280p. the letter gots smaller but it was working still. I decided to press the so-called "physical bottom" to reset the system hoping to get it the same way it came... I messed it up. Now it doesn't get out from the loop. I gave it up.... thanks anyway.

Comment

You should never reboot or unplug when the Android OS is up. It can corrupt the file system. Just like a PC it is not good to just power off. Always power off using power button on status bar or in my ROM the reboot app. Tell your brother that too or he can have the exact same thing happen to him.

Now you must get out of brick mode using reset button hole and flash the ROM using the PC ROM flash tools.

Bob

Comment

I think I tried that too without success. I connected the mx1 to my pc, then while in the loop I openned the flashtool program and switch.. became purple the little square. it tuned off the mx1, but the flash doesn't work

Comment

throw it into the garbage seems the logical course of action

Unless someone with knowledge how to fix it were willing to take a look at it I see no other way out but to kick it into tomorrow's garbage truck. I wouldn't mind paying for the post service to anyone who were willing to fix it for me, the only reason I became member of this forum was to make the imito mx1 to fit my expectation and now it seems that I just don't know how to. I appreciate your responses and comments but my knowledge of android devices is very limited after all.

Comment

Using that flash tool. Unplug the unit. Press and hold the reset button and while holding it in, plug in the USB cord to PC to OTG port. Windows will bong. If drivers are correctly installed you should have a green box in flash tool. If not, try prerssing the SWITCH button in the flash tool and see if it will switch it to green. Once you have green use the restore button not the upgrade button.

Bob

Comment

Re: BAD EXPERIENCE WITH IMITO FROM GEEKBUYING.COM

Originally posted by MIGUEL View Post
                Unless someone with knowledge how to fix it were willing to take a look at it I see no other way out but to kick it into tomorrow's garbage truck. I wouldn't mind paying for the post service to anyone who were willing to fix it for me, the only reason I became member of this forum was to make the imito mx1 to fit my expectation and now it seems that I just don't know how to. I appreciate your responses and comments but my knowledge of android devices is very limited after all.
                detach device
                press the reset button next to the HDMI port with sth.
                connect device to pc through the OTG port while pressing the reset
                give the drivers for Windows in device manager which are included in extracted finless Rom zip
                use rkbatchtool which is included also
                browse for the update image
                press restore button
                done

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

no way!

I understand the procedure but it can't be done because the needed driver is not there. I executed the flashtool, connected the imito to the pc, the flashtool's square becomes purple and I switched it, then after a while the pc informs that the driver is missing and there is no way I can use those drivers provided in your files...sorry I'm not making this up! I have read the procedure many times and tried it without success. maybe is the notebook's window 7 that makes this difficult to me so I purchase the driver update subscription from microsoft, or that the imito is messed up after the last microsd card update... God knows...

Comment

Then install the RK3066 drivers, it's a pretty easy procedure and they are easy to be found on this forum in the download packages for the firmwares.

Comment

Working...
                    X