Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless Bob's Rom - Debloated (more to come)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dave, re: kernel inside of boot.img. Yes many Roms like most RK28 Roms the kernel is inside of boot.img along with a ram disk.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

New Version Up!!!!

After flashing and playing around I discovered the beta for the most part works! A couple minor tweaks need to be done, but decent for now. One problem though, when I added more google stuff, I accidentally used an older package, lol.

Anyway, I am going to start building my own rom from the ground up with all the stuff Bob and others taught me. So, keep an eye out, and let me know what you think of this beta
      Last edited by chidave09; 02-16-2012, 01:47.

Comment

beta link

im logged in cant see a link for your beta by the way you guys have worked hard and its all apperciated

Comment

The Beta is the second link. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by chidave09 View Post
            New Version Up!!!!
            Will this format the tab? (Set me back to stock?)

Comment

Originally posted by x51 View Post
              Will this format the tab? (Set me back to stock?)
              it will NOT set you back to stock, it will give you a stock rom that has been converted to the ext3 format, rooted, and debloated. If you want stock you need the update from polaroid's website. If you are trying to fix a so called "bricked" tab, I have posted directions for this. What ever your reason, let me know the reason, and I will point you in the right direction.

*on a side note, I am sorry for the lack of updates and such. It has been a very haptic week and I am expecting one more, so please bear with me, I will be here as much as I possibly can be.

Comment

Originally posted by chidave09 View Post
                it will NOT set you back to stock, it will give you a stock rom that has been converted to the ext3 format, rooted, and debloated. If you want stock you need the update from polaroid's website. If you are trying to fix a so called "bricked" tab, I have posted directions for this. What ever your reason, let me know the reason, and I will point you in the right direction.

*on a side note, I am sorry for the lack of updates and such. It has been a very haptic week and I am expecting one more, so please bear with me, I will be here as much as I possibly can be.
                Sorry, I guess I didnt say it right. I didnt mean "stock" as in what came with the tab. I mean stock as in YOUR stock rom.

I guess I mean.. will flashing this new version over your old version format the tab (I.E. Remove all my installed apps and settings) or will it just update the version I have installed (Keeping all my apps and settings).

Comment

If your coming from Stock to my ROM or Dave's you have to eraseIDB so yes it will erase everything.

If your coming from Dave's previous ROM or mine then you can just flash system.img. HOWEVER! Anything you put in /system will be gone. You may also have some anomalies with programs that use root.

Bottom line it is always best to erase to make sure you are clean.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    If your coming from Stock to my ROM or Dave's you have to eraseIDB so yes it will erase everything.

If your coming from Dave's previous ROM or mine then you can just flash system.img. HOWEVER! Anything you put in /system will be gone. You may also have some anomalies with programs that use root.

Bottom line it is always best to erase to make sure you are clean.

Bob
                    I couldn't agree more!!

Comment

Working...
                    X