Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMITO MX1 FREEZE-REBOOT (testing issues thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question

what do I do with mx1cwm zip once I download it?

Comment

Unzip it and fash the recovery.img file to the recovery partition
      Then boot and use the reboot app to reboot to recovery. This will boot to cwm where you can backup your installation (backup file will be saved in clokworkmod folder on your internal sdcard)

Comment

where is the recovery partition located or do I need to create it? sorry I'm really new to all this.

Comment

When you open the Finless Bob flashing utility program you will see bunch of checkmarks
          Uncheck them all except the recovery partition and at the end of the line click and browse
          the recovery image file you got from the download. Then flash it.
          This will replace the stock recovery partition with custom CWM recovery.

Comment

Some questions about your unit *heh*

You really should read the thread for the Finless 1.5 rom here (it's stickied)! It walks you through the process of flashing a rom on your iMito MX1.

I do have some questions about your unit though, did you buy it through geekbuying? There have been reports of poorly manufactured units floating clones which have been sold through various outlets (ie not geekbuying).

What kind of power supply are you using? Are you using the supplied 5v 2a USB brick?

The power supply can really cause a lot of issues, especially if you're powering it via a TV USB port or something, all USB ports are not created equal!

-HBomb187

Comment

I flashed the finless rom 1.5 as per instructions which I must say were pretty clear as this was must first attempt at flashing or rooting. I purchased it from in4dealz and replaced the power supply with a hp touchpad one(5v2a) my next step is to step u to a delta 5v 3a power supply to see if that helps

Comment

Once again, I would suggest you to re-flash, I run it with the stock power supply with 0 problems

Comment

I'll sing to your cat

If you can explain why my MX1 runs stable, but only with the 2Dark4U kernel.
                  All approved Rom's cause this freeze / shutdown issue.
                  Yeahhh....i've tried various power supply setups , the latest being a 5V MPS based step down regulator with
                  19Vdc 3.16A PSU as input.....worked for about an hour playing HD youtube vids & selecting the last one , not even comencing play yet , it froze with green screen.
                  Of course none of this behaviour with ug802 1.7 kernel.

Comment

Wait a minute, what's this button over here?

Tried Neomode's MK802IIIs ROM & it seems fine.....Minimal heat , WiFi works ( havn't tried BT yet )
                    Now i've just flash Finless MX1 1.7b , excluding Kernel , over the top & it seems o.k. I suggest you try it if you have these heat/freeze/reboot problems.....Yes you Know who you are !!!! If that is your real name(s).

Comment

Working...
                    X