No announcement yet.

Custom Rom for MK802IIIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the ralink rt3070 chipset also. I can not find a driver for it. Perhaps I do not know how to search properly.
    I see Mediatech owns them now.
    I also have a usb ethernet adapter, rd9700, but speedtest is only 5mbs. Do you know if this is due to the driver or hardware. I get the same result on win7.
    I replaced the libstagefright.so in your neo rom with Chens but did not get hw accel to function. I wonder what I did wrong?

thanks for all your hard work. I like your rom best, but I need the hw accel on my mk802 iiis (amazing device)

Originally posted by neomode View Post
    No but you can make it to work with the right Module.
    I have search for it but i dont find it right now.
    I will later search for it again :-)

Neomode

Comment

tp-link

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
      I've given up internal wifi already. It's crap. No matter which rom I use.
      End up plugging an external wifi dongle, and it's rock solid. Couldn't be more happier.

I'm using tplink tl-wn823n (realtek 8192cu).

[N⁴][Motley][CarbonRom]
      Hello, and is very difficult to install? You have to do some configuration?

Comment

success!

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        We bring you here the Custom Rom for the MK802IIIS.

The Rom is based on the Last Firmware from Rikomagic.
        This Firmware is not released right now from Rikomagic tho we got the newest one :-)

NEOTV CR 1.0

Features:

- Flash Support in Stock & Tint Browser
        - Real Init.d Support thankĀ“s to Finless
        - Support for XBox and PS3 Controller
        - Support for Streaming from Linux
        - Youtube from Playstore is Fullscreen
        - The Navbar can be hidden
        - Speed Up Tweaks for good Streaming
        - Skype and Cam Support for Logitech (Testet)

Download here:

How to Update:

1.: Bring your Device in Flash Mode. This can be make by Pressing the Reset Button and Connect USB to OTG Port,
        wait 3 Sec Release Reset Button.

2.: Install the Driver for the TV Stick, the Drivers are inside the Package

3.: Go to RKDevolop Tool and Start as Admin the RKAndroidTool

4.: The Software should show in the Button "Found RK..."

5.: Uncheck Loader

6.: Press Run

7.: Wait Until Finished

8.: Unconnect USB and Connect to TV HDM

9.: Wait 4 Min for the First Boot
        first time poster:
        have succesfully installed this on my riko stick,
        first time i have camera working!!
        thank you,
        my question is:
        will "viber" work with this rom??
        cheers
        frits

Comment

dongle

Hey, you think with a wifi dongle can troubleshoot the wifi?
          If the wifi works best it is a cheap solution.

Comment

Originally posted by sombralzorro View Post
            Hey, you think with a wifi dongle can troubleshoot the wifi?
            If the wifi works best it is a cheap solution.
            I get 16 to 22 Mbs stock. (2 feet from my router..)
            if I remove the case it improves slightly but not worth the trouble to me..
            I have heard an external dongle will give better range tho, and they are cheap, but sadly the only one I have has no driver.

Comment

AW: Custom Rom for MK802IIIS

how about a external antenna?
              may this is a solution?

neomode

Send from my SG3

Comment

I have the case of the heatsinked unit off and doesnt help much I already get full excellent strength signal with internal WiFi

I only have a few drop outs a day watching flv streams on browser my only issue is the HD movie watching from smb server

I tryed to put a usb plan on my powered hub and the net worked fine till I tryed to stream flv and it sh-t the bed!!!

I would like to see a new factory driver for wifi that neo mode or finless Bob can cook a new custome firmware with that
                Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
                HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
                ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

I am happy with the 802 iiis, the wifi works fine for me, not a lot of range without an antenna but its a small device with limited room to work. I stream 720p fine when the net traffic is up to it. My friend had problems with his wifi, but when I went over to have a look, his routers and switches were messed up. after I cleaned up he was getting 150mbs connection and 25 mbs down load speed. if I only could get 1080p to stream over my internal network . I replaced libstagefright with Chens version, but 1080p stutters ( off my micro sd card and local network, not enuf bandwidth to stream 1080p of course)
                  all in all, pretty cool 60 dollar device.. way better than my wd smp.
                  its not xbmc on a pc, but its not far off..

Comment

Originally posted by neodoom View Post
                    What causes the random freezing just like factory firmware? The only firmware that hasn't crashed has been the finless imito mx1/2 1.5 or 1.7 but the issue with that firmware is you can't watch a HD mkv etc over network with out at least 1wifi drop out!

I have the opposite problem.....My MX1 will only function, with any stability at all, when i use Neomode's MK802IIIs
                    kernel. For me at least , all stock or Finless rom's cause these freezing & black screen issues.
                    Also the 2Dark4u ug802 kernel works flawlessly....But no BT or WiFi.
                    Last edited by zvoddy23; 03-16-2013, 23:59. Reason: ooops...gave wrong credit

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                      In no specific order:
                      • init.d support
                      • unblocking launcher2.apk
                      • new libstagefright.so
                      • 1080p

Regards,
                      Molle

Neomode have you had any luck with this yet? If not is there a way to include libstagefright.so after installing your rom?

Comment

I work on the Update, please wait.

Thx a Lot

Neomode

Comment

no worries man, im going to install the current one today but would have held off if a updated version was nearly ready.

Comment

Sorry i was busy in the last Time because of Working :-(
                            It is on my piority List on Top.

Neomode

Comment

hey so im currently trying to install this ROM but everytime i connect to win7 it says it cannot install the drivers and shows up as unknown device, I've tried pointing it to the folder where the drivers are but it keeps saying windows has detected the latest drivers are installed. any ideas?

Comment

Uninstall the Driver when he ask delete it. Reboot
                                Install the Driver new and then connect the Device.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                                X