[ROM]DocHoppyFUllOnRootv2.0 and Cramfs Style 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaskulus View Post
    When I copy the update.img file to my SD card, I immediately get an error listing the path to the file saying "found invalid image file do you want to delete?" I say no, but from there I don't know what to do with the image file.
    Easiest way to just install an update.img firmware that does not need to be flashed, is to follow my directions in the Unbrick Nextbook 7 thread. While your tablet is NOT bricked, the Rockchip Batch Tool v1.4 is an easy and safe way to install an update.img file. You can download the tool here: http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...tchtool_14.zip. If you need the drivers, they are included. Instructions on installing are on the thread. Instead of using the Nextbook firmware image, just use Doc's image instead.

Comment

Thank you and Oops...

Well I want to thank you, that method worked and it flashed my NextBook 7 with Doc's Rom, however, the new ROM kinda ruined it completely. None of the menu buttons work anymore (home, menu, search, etc) and wireless won't load it simply says error.

So next question, anyone know where I can get the original ROM for the NextBook 7? I need to try to get it back to at least the way it was, even though market/play doesn't work.

I went to the link in your unbrick post to the nextbookusa site and it says "software coming soon" there are no roms available anymore.

Thanks in advance!
      Last edited by vaskulus; 04-08-2012, 03:07.

Comment

Vaskulus, what version of the Nextbook 7 are you using? #FY1211, #FY1011 etc? If you are using an #FY1211, I just downloaded the most current #FY1011 firmware and my tablet was back to stock. Main difference between the two is #1211 has the wif-fi upgrade built in, the #1011 didn't. That is why the #1011 was updated on the site. If you have a #1011, the original firmware is posted, so is #0911. If you need an original firmware other than that, I can't help...but I do remember reading threads from guys with earlier versions. Hope this helps.

Here is the link to the Nextbook site w/ updated firmware: http://www.nextbookusa.com/productde...?product_id=10 At the top right of screen you will see a link that says: Please click here for the NEXT7P Wi-Fi update. Click that link to be taken to the downloads. Then scroll to bottom of page and look in the yellow boxes for links.

Comment

Thanks, but I'm not sure.

Sorry I'm not sure what version FY that I have and I don't know how to tell. My serial number is: YF071100140 and the model just says Next7P. The full link you gave me for downloads DID work though. I just don't know if those are my firmwares.

Comment

Yikes, you flashed the wrong ROMs! None of the ones here are for fy7011. I have not seen a 0711 stock ROM yet. All the read me's for the ROM say what serial number they are for. Unless you can find a 0711 ROM, there not much we can do. If you find one I can possibly root it.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ok thanks very much.

Thanks very much, I wrote to their support and asked them to send me the firmware for my serial number, I told them I flashed the wrong rom.

Comment

ZonoMojo might know of a 0711 ROM somewhere on XDA possibly.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by vaskulus View Post
                  Sorry I'm not sure what version FY that I have and I don't know how to tell. My serial number is: YF071100140 and the model just says Next7P. The full link you gave me for downloads DID work though. I just don't know if those are my firmwares.
                  Your Nextbook 7 is a #YF0711. That is why Doc's Rom wouldn't work, and there is no firmware on the Nextbook site for your tablet. My advice would search here and on XDA for someone with the #YF0711 firmware. Or you can call Nextbook and ask why it's not available. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    ZonoMojo might know of a 0711 ROM somewhere on XDA possibly.

Bob
                    who's the man? Bob's the man! (ooops. I thought that read Zonamojo I might know of a 0711 ROM) I'll look around vaskulus

Comment

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much for all of your help everyone.

Comment

Can not seem to get my Nextbook p7 Rooted and it is a YF1211

I can not get this stupid nextbook rooted. I follow all of these clear instruction and I cant even get RK29update to even recognize my tab. I hold the stupid reset button down and launch rk29 and nothing. It does not find my tab. I tried everything to get the stupid drivers installed and nothing. The tad works fine but someone described in an early post that I would see a black screen w/ a usb cord after holding reset and I dont see that either. What in the hell am I doing wrong. Everyone else makes it sound easy. I rooted my Nexus with no problems but not this chinese tablet.

Comment

Help!!! yf1011 same problem as vaskulus

[QUOTE=vaskulus;8052]Well I want to thank you, that method worked and it flashed my NextBook 7 with Doc's Rom, however, the new ROM kinda ruined it completely. None of the menu buttons work anymore (home, menu, search, etc) and wireless won't load it simply says error.

I have exactly the same problem on my YF1011. Tried dochoppyfullonroot2 and also Finless v1.4 custom rom.

Comment

Where are the links to download these ROMs you guys are speaking of?

Where are the links to download these ROMs you guys are speaking of?? All the links I can find go back to some Freaktab page talking about videos... Please. Where are these links to your ROMs??

Thanks

Comment

That video pop up page is the download page. Just click the link to download the file.

Bob

Comment

Help with RK29update

Help! I followed all of instruction and I can’t get RK29update to even recognize my tab. I hold the reset button down and launch rk29 and nothing. It does not find my tab. All I get is “no found RKAndroid rock usb” on the bottom of the RK29 window.

Can someone break this down for me a little more?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X