Nextbook 7 Premium #1011 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 By Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
    No i have plenty of apps, it just doesn't show any of my installed apps.
    Tried deleting the files from the read me and still doesn't show any installed apps.
    I can search the market no problem and install apps but nothing shows installed in "my apps"
    The screen only says "Apps and Games owned by this account will appear here"
    plus links to browse apps and browse games.
    So here is the problem and sometimes this happens and others not. When you flash, the system makes an ID of some kind. So this time your ID was different enough to make it think it is a different device than before. Sometimes you get lucky and it picks it up as the same device. Others not.
    You can see this for yourself by going to your mobile account:
    https://market.android.com/account?pli=1
    Make sure your logged into google!! or it wont go to your account!!!
    Start here if not.
    https://market.android.com/
    Now click the settings tab. Every time you flash and log back into google you see a new device!!!! So this is the problem. You might play around in there and see if you can edit something our or replace it.

Originally posted by Shrubby View Post
    Bob, Someone has done that over at XDA.
    Hello everyone, i have searched high and low and found nothing on rooting the NextBook 7 Proferssional, found info on other versions of nextbook's but not the 7 model, anyone out there have or know a way to Root to install a Custom rom on this...

I pulled them down the other day as a backup.
    THANK YOU! I will do a 1211 ROM with my 1.4 changes!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

WOW I can't believe how much faster this rom is! Night and day difference. Best rom of the bunch. Still can't get the adhoc going, but one thing at a time. Great work thanks.
      __________________________________________________ __________

Finless, I am running a 1211 unit and am having no problems. I had to clear the market cache, but that was the only glitch so far.

I should say that I did do a factory restore early on using the latest 1011 rom from the nextbook website. That may have something to do with it. If others are haveing problems they might try a restore with the 1011 rom and then start again with yours. Just a thought.

Comment

I've got a yf1211 tablet also and the 1.4 ROM has performed flawlessly so far. At one point in fooling around with Doc's and Bob's roms I flashed this one back to the 1011 firmware since the 1211 files weren't available.

Maybe that has something to do with not having any locking issues but I sort of doubt it. If the format before flashing totally wipes the internal storage it shouldn't matter what you were running before flashing the 1.4 files.

Randy R.
        WA0TKO (Ham Radio)

Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk

Comment

Correct. As long as you EraseIDB. EraseIDB basically erases everything. AFfactory Reset DOES NOT ERASE anything that was placed in /system. Why? Because the original ROM /system was cramfs so you could not write anything to it anyway and thus the factory reset program does not try to erase /system since it figures nothing there has changed!
          If you do not eraseIDB then files left around from previous apps, and what not are also still there.

However the 1.4 upgrade requires you eraseIDB or it just wont work.

OK so can I get a straight answer here so I don't waiste my time. Do I need to do a 1211 ROM or not? Seems some 1211 guys work fine and others say no. What is the straight skinny on this.

Bob

Comment

I don't think a separate 1211 ROM is needed. Mine is cruising along with no problems. However since 1211 is the newest (and I think) last Nextbook 7 build, it might have more stuff you can tweak for even more increased speed. Everyone just needs to make sure they are backing up their apps to the SD card & not internal memory.

Great work Bob!

Comment

I don't want to give the impression that I'm having major problems. Aside from the full battery weirdness issue, this ROM is performing great! BTW I noticed that some earlier serial numbers have builds with later dates on them than the ROM that came with my 1211, which was manufactured in December 2011. I don't know if that means they incorporated the 1211 improvements into ROMs for older models, or if there are changes to them that are not present in the 1211 models.

The 1211 I have came with:

Android 2.3.1, kernel version 2.6.32.37 Build V2.0.24.GINGERBREAD.eng.root.20111125.180332_HW:2 .0.0.0.0

The ROM I downloaded from nextbookusa.com, for serial #YF101131201-YF101133868 is: NXM726HN_20111206_V2.0.27update.img

This suggests that mine was compiled on 11/25/2011 and this other one was compiled on 12/06/2011, eleven days later.

P.S. Finless, what's up with the startup picture with that girl lying in the grass and the quote from Abraham Lincoln that goes by too fast for me ever to read it? I know it's on the stock ROM. I assume you couldn't remove it; is that burned in permanently, or something?

P.P.S. There's a new Flash Player 11 version out dated Feb 14th. I installed it on this 1.4 ROM and it's working fine, if you wanted to include it in the next ROM. I assume it's the last Flash update we'll ever have to worry about.

Me again: I shouldn't assume that it's FB's new ROMs that are the causing the full battery problem. I've loaded this thing up with apps and I know a lot of them have permission to keep the tablet from going to sleep or some such, so maybe it's one of these that are the real culprit. I just installed some app that allows permissions to be changed for user-installed apps and I'll see if that fixes me up.
              Last edited by McMick; 02-20-2012, 02:09.

Comment

Well what the heck... I will do a 1211 anyway then. If it's a newer ROM it might have some fixesd in it somewhere that is important to you guys.

Stay tuned. Might be tonight or tomorrow. I will rename this thread #1011

Bob

Comment

1211 nextbook

my 1211 has been working great on a couple of different cramfs versions, the only ext i tried yet was docs full on root 1.0.
                  no issues except for the couple of wants but dont haves (ad hoc, boot into recovery option, usb excepting keyboard, etc) but the rom works as supposed to so i love it!
                  as for the 1211's having issues, i never flashed any stock roms, only a couple of cramfs and when i flashed the full on root i earesed the idb or whatever.
                  to the ones having issues try to use it for a day with minimal apps on board (one could be causing your issues) or install watchdog lite (install anyway better than task killers) and see if you have a misbehaving app of sorts.

well onto finless bobs 1.4! great work on the ext4!!!!!

Comment

Wow this 1.4 boots super fast and runs really smooth and quick once booted! Still having Market Problems tho even after doing the steps.
                    B) Limited apps listed; I have reproduced this and know how to recreate it and fix it! This has to do (I beleive) that after a factory reset or a flash the tablet creates a ID based on some other IDs and a random key generator. Sometimes this ID Google does not like. So we have to clear that and reboot. YOU DO NOT EVER NEED TO REFLASH OR DO A FACOTRY RESET TO FIX THIS!!!!
                    DO the following
                    a) Again using a file manager that has root access go in and delete the follow folders from the /data/data directory.
                    com.android.vending (not com.applib.vending!)
                    com.android.vending.updater
                    com.google.android.gm
                    com.google.android.gsf
                    b) Reboot and do nothing else but run the Market. YOu should get a prompt asking you to accept the Google terms of service. If you did not you did something wrong. Do it again. If you do get the prompt, accept and now the Market should work fully with TONS of apps showing up.
                    Just a few apps so im not to worried. I do remember them working on the tab at one point tho just not sure what rom it was. Thanks BOB love the rom!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Well what the heck... I will do a 1211 anyway then. If it's a newer ROM it might have some fixesd in it somewhere that is important to you guys.

Stay tuned. Might be tonight or tomorrow. I will rename this thread #1011

Bob
                      Ok so root is not working, it fails to access anything that needs root.

Comment

Originally posted by fireproof34 View Post
                        Ok so root is not working, it fails to access anything that needs root.

False alarm. Just had to to clear the cache abd it works now.

Comment

Had a couple of reboots today while turning wifi on/off.
                          I'm going to try the new #1211 rom tonight when I get home.

Comment

I'd love it except I cant see where Im going wrong. I get error every time I turn on Wifi. This has also happened with the other roms available.

Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by kingawb View Post
                              I'd love it except I cant see where Im going wrong. I get error every time I turn on Wifi. This has also happened with the other roms available.

Did I miss something?
                              Are you trying to add a different wifi supplicant? I get the error every time I try to add adhoc wifi, but it works fine when I put the old one back in.

Comment

How would I go about to check this? I have crawled the forums on the issue but no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X