• Show
Clear All

ill have to think but it could be sd card size

Comment

good info

Comment

Originally posted by iahim_m
        Great work LawlessPPC!

It's a great ROM and a great way to revive the MK908II.

But, unfortunatelly I ran into a big problem... It seems I can get to boot only the first time. After shutdown or reboot it gets stuck with the booting image animation.

To get it running again I have to write the image again on the SD.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this? I have the RK3188 version (without T)

Thanks a lot!
        have you tried another SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post
          have you tried another SD card?
          I did try a Sandisk Ultra 8GB (class10), with Loader 2.13 and I couldn't get it to boot. The boot animation keeps looping forever.

I also tried re-writing the Loader and the microSD and no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

i will try

Comment

Originally posted by iahim_m

I did try a Sandisk Ultra 8GB (class10), with Loader 2.13 and I couldn't get it to boot. The boot animation keeps looping forever.

I also tried re-writing the Loader and the microSD and no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tomorrow I'll wipe a stick clean leaving only boot loader on and check the method again.

Comment

nice information
                thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post

Tomorrow I'll wipe a stick clean leaving only boot loader on and check the method again.

Is there any tutorial on how to do this? I've been using the RKAndroidTool until now to flash the loader, but you can't just flash only that, you need to put all the files to the stick (or so it seems).

Thanks,

Mihai

Comment

Just to clarify: it does require Loader 2.13 on NAND or it does not?
                    I have a fully working mk908 stick with jjhmod ROM and Ubuntu on SD card (linux kernel flashed to recovery partition). It's still flawless, would be pity to change, but it would be also great to try your work.
                    I've been out of mk908 business for some time, but can recall that KitKat bootloader in NAND requires some special treatment when downgrading.
                    Thanks, Goran
                    P.S. I suspect that same approach is now available for linux? I remember that Linuxium started such work quite some time ago but I did not follow up.

Comment

Mine have that bootloader on

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks LawlessPPC. Works great on my MK908ii. I have a question : my SD card stopped working on me once so I had to reflash the image, probably because I didn't shut it down properly before unplugging. Is there a way to save changes I make to the SD card image so that if I have to flash it again it already has all the updates ? I tried using Win32DiskImager from Windows 7 but my PC doesn't recognize the SD card after the Android image is on it.

Comment

Originally posted by agarn3t View Post
                          Thanks LawlessPPC. Works great on my MK908ii. I have a question : my SD card stopped working on me once so I had to reflash the image, probably because I didn't shut it down properly before unplugging. Is there a way to save changes I make to the SD card image so that if I have to flash it again it already has all the updates ? I tried using Win32DiskImager from Windows 7 but my PC doesn't recognize the SD card after the Android image is on it.

It seems you have the same issue as me.

To reflash the SD use diskpart command line in windows 7 (or any other partitioning software). Delete all the partitions and after that create a new partition. After that windows will prompt to format the drive. After formart you can use win32diskimager again.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by agarn3t
                            Yeah windows can't read the partition or format info but win32diskimager can still back it up then rewrite it. That's the beauty of win32diskimager, its a low level disk tool so only uses windows to draw the GUI everything else is handled by the program

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lawless, did you have a chance to test the issue of the shut down/reboot? Or do you have any ideeas on how to debug this issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X