Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@@ TUTORIAL : How to Install a Custom Rom on a Cube Talk 9X U65GT… TESTED ON A 16GB version. For NOOB’s - Windows 7 64 @@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to this tutorial, I could root my tablet but no more. The tablet is not detected at all by the PC. The system just doesn't notice that some device has been plugged, doesn't ask for any driver, doesn't bip, doesn't disply any message… I checked the presence of preinstalled drivers (there weren't). I installed the 2K_XP version of the
    MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port driver. The system installs the driver but it says there is a Code 10 error.

My Cube is UG65GT16GB1426…. The ROM is the official one delivered with the Cube : V1.6_20140620. Debugging mode when USB is connected is ON. The computer runs Windows XP.

Comment

I had code 10 issue as well when trying to force the driver install . Did you follow instructions on second video . Remove all drivers associated to tablet to start with . Then use the cmd to show you all drivers installed but not connected . It's all in the tutorial . Then when you plug in tablet you will see mtk68xxx in unknown device section . Wait for windows to fail installing and then right click , update drivers , list of devices , lpt port /com port , have disk and find inf file . I would try a windows 7 machine if you can. Might be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for your help and your responsiveness. I followed the written procedure step by step and viewed the video. The main difference is that when un connect the tablet to the PC nothing happens. Your words are different in the document and the video but the event you describe is the same "as you can see, it picked it up". All I can see is that nothing happens and no devices appear in the other devices. The only drivers in the COM section are those that apply to an old SAMSUNG unsmart-phone.

I also connected it to a window7 PC for which I don't have admin access. It didn't detect anything. I also tried to connect the tablet to a Linux Box, but didn't report any new device connection (i'm used to debug peripheral recognition on Linux).

The source of the problem may be some kind of hardware failure... I also red, on another forum, that such a problem could happen on mt65xx based phones. The suggested solution is to take the battery off the phone… I would give it a try if I could find a video showing howto to remove the back metal cover of this tablet. None of the dissambling video show how to perform this very first step.

Comment

So it's not detected at all . No windows sound to say it recognised the tablet at all .

Comment

Hi i have bought a Cube 9x 16gb as the reveiws said it was a pretty good tablet one in particular said its fantastic once you downloaded and installed lepi all in one fix but now i have come here it all looks really confusing. The 2 things i would like to do is get rid of all chinese apps and free up the hard drive for the extra space, could somone tell me what my best and easiest option would be or if there is anyone that could root and install a custom rom for me. Any help would me great. Thank you

Comment

Haha that's probably my review . It's not that hard . Try watching the videos. First and see if you can follow . You can uninstall Chinese apps without doing anything .1) rooting is very easy . 2) installing preloader drivers is hardest part. Once This is done . 3) you can flash just the EBR files . (That will give you more space for apps on your tablet .b

Comment

Huge thanks to dwtk! This is the only clear and step-to-step guide I found on the internet to flashing a Cube 9X U65GT.
                Thanks to gsx1 for the tip on copying the provided scatter file into the backup folder (I was having the issue with preparing blocks).

Cheers guys!
                Last edited by Mazmo; 05-14-2015, 18:12. Reason: I figured it out myself :)

Comment

Does anyone know why I still have the ugly old icons for e.g. settings? I installed Lepi's U65GTB18MXXTDC_V2.0.9LB_150308_mod_lepi.

Thanks!
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try downloading nova launcher . It's will make it look it like android l

Comment

Thanks dwtk! That did the trick for me. If you have any other good suggestions, please let me know

Comment

Mods can we make this is a sticky please

Comment

Hi again, I have watched videos and tried this myself but it comes to prepare blocks for flash tool it only comes with file.md5 and no Files to flash tool, when I click on file.md5 it comes up with message files to flash impossible. I hope you can offer some advise is it something I am doing wrong. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I have 32gb black, followed your instructions completely and had to do the same thing as gx1 in order to do the prepare blocks for flash tool. All processes complete successfully but in SP flash tool, after loading my scatter file all looks well EXCEPT, the 3rd last block "Android" is unticked and doesn't contain a address. I deleted my !Files_to_FlashTool folder and redid process but same in SP flash tool after loading the scatter file.
                            Please help me

Comment

Hi, I loaded for Android the system file in the same way as with loading the bootloader, etc. Could not install from sd card but worked like a charm with the usb. thanks so much, successfully rooted and didn't even loose my apps etc

Comment

ok, this isn't working for me, windows 8.1 machine, cannot install the driver, turns out I need to disable driver signature verification. did this, installed driver get the following result screen

this is for a U9GT4 cube, author says this should work

Originally posted by dwtk View Post
                                • If this was the ONLY port listed, the list entry Ports (COM & LPT) will also disappear (DON'T PANIC)
                                • Ensure your CUBE is POWERED OFF (wait for vibration to show it is completely off)
                                • Attach the powered off cube to the computer via USB
                                • The computer will start to install the drivers, but will probably report Device Driver software was not successfully installed.
                                • Click on the balloon message and a message box will say MT65xx Preloader No Driver Found
                                • Return to the Device Manager
                                • There should be a list entry Other Devices - expand it.
                                • Find the child list entry MT65xx Preloader
                                • Right click and choose Update Software Driver...
                                • Update Driver Software dialogue is displayed
                                • Choose Browse my computer for driver software
                                • In the Browse for driver software dialogue click browse and navigate to the download location where you extracted my zip .
                                2 -Pre Loader Drivers
                                • / drivers/‘ content.
                                • Navigate to the sub-folder containing the *.inf files.
                                • Click Next
                                • Windows may prompt saying Windows can't verify the publish of this driver software
                                • Choose Install this driver software anyway
                                • ​Windows should say Installing Driver Software
                                ok, this isn't working for me, windows 8.1 machine, cannot install the driver, turns out I need to disable driver signature verification. did this, installed driver get the following result screen.

• Windows will then say Windows has finished installing the driver software for this device: MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port
                                • Unplug and replug the CUBE
                                • Windows will start installing the driver instance
                                pluging cube back in does not start the driver instance
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X