Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@@ TUTORIAL : How to Install a Custom Rom on a Cube Talk 9X U65GT… TESTED ON A 16GB version. For NOOB’s - Windows 7 64 @@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azza316
    Hi again, I have watched videos and tried this myself but it comes to prepare blocks for flash tool it only comes with file.md5 and no Files to flash tool, when I click on file.md5 it comes up with message files to flash impossible. I hope you can offer some advise is it something I am doing wrong. Thanks
    I had his issue doing a friends tablet . I couldn't get around it . The only workaround was to download the stock rom and use flash tool to load up stock . Then change the ebr files etc once it's loaded . But with this method you will lose everything on tablet . It will go back to factory .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bert22
      Hi, I loaded for Android the system file in the same way as with loading the bootloader, etc. Could not install from sd card but worked like a charm with the usb. thanks so much, successfully rooted and didn't even loose my apps etc
      I think I missed this from my tutorial . Once flashed you and lepi rom installed . In tick USB debugging so tablet will connect as storage to PC . Connect tablet to PC and format sd card partition as fat32 . But glad it worked .

Comment

Originally posted by tater1337 View Post
        ok, this isn't working for me, windows 8.1 machine, cannot install the driver, turns out I need to disable driver signature verification. did this, installed driver get the following result screen

this is for a U9GT4 cube, author says this should work

ok, this isn't working for me, windows 8.1 machine, cannot install the driver, turns out I need to disable driver signature verification. did this, installed driver get the following result screen.

pluging cube back in does not start the driver instance

To be honest this is the hardest part of the tutorial . It takes me ages everytime. Watch the video . the written instructions are a little different.

Comment

I have updated the tutorial with a quick method for people having issues with mtkdroid tools

Comment

Originally posted by gsx1 View Post

I had the same problem, you can put the scatter file provided by dwtk in the same directory of the md5 file then try again it should work.
            I have the same problem but mine 9X is black with 32 GB of internal storage, v1.8, build 2014/07/04.
            May I use the same scatter file or where can I find a scater file for my Cube?
            Tnx

Comment

You will need to upgrade to 2.0 or use my scatter file. Or if you want to use 1.8 get it from stock rom 1.8 . See quick install method here is a link to post of stock Roms

Comment

Originally posted by dwtk View Post
                You will need to upgrade to 2.0 or use my scatter file. Or if you want to use 1.8 get it from stock rom 1.8 . See quick install method here is a link to post of stock Roms

Thank you for such a quick reply

I have downloaded U65GT_V2.0_update_aatt_20141115 (542.59 MB) from mega.co.nz, by following a link for official OTA from FreakTab, Cube Talk 9X roms/recoveries/mods post by Vokuhain.

May I put it to SDK root, rename it to update.zip and execute System Update from About Tablet?

Is that OK OTA update for my Cube to reach stock v2.0 - I will follow then your instructions to upgrade to custom Lepi (The Beautiful) ROM.
                I do't need to Backup anything special, I will reinstall my apps, etc

Comment

I wouldn't do that . I would use the ota to update the stock rom to 2.0 then follow instructions . I would always back imei number via mobile uncle tools or at the least Wright it down . Stock rom needs to be flashed via flash tools .have a look at the quick method

Comment

Few questions if somebody can help, I want to use Quick Method:.

1) I've opened in FlashTool scatter file MT6592_Android_scatter.txt from the downloaded stock ROM v2.0, it populates me also CACHE and USER DATA (last two) sections in FlashTool.
                    Should I keep them checked-in or not for Flashing?

2) In the writen tutorial for step 8 (TWRP) it says "Once complete, WIPE CACHE", but in YouTube tutorial it goes straight from Flashing to Reboot.
                    Should I Wipe Cache or not from TWRP?

3) Are there problems with U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308 (or generally v2.0) for fixing the GPS position, requiring to install/use GpsFix?
                    (With stock v1.8 GPS works perfectly, with no need for GpsFix or so).

Thanks

Comment

1) I've opened in FlashTool scatter file MT6592_Android_scatter.txt from the downloaded stock ROM v2.0, it populates me also CACHE and USER DATA (last two) sections in FlashTool.
                      Should I keep them checked-in or not for Flashing?

I removed them from flashing process as then you dont lose any data or setting etc. the cache will be wiped once you install the lepi rom .

2) In the writen tutorial for step 8 (TWRP) it says "Once complete, WIPE CACHE", but in YouTube tutorial it goes straight from Flashing to Reboot.
                      Should I Wipe Cache or not from TWRP?

It should be in video 3. But once you are in TWRP and have installed Lepi rom . Wipe cache before rebooting into the new rom.

3) Are there problems with U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308 (or generally v2.0) for fixing the GPS position, requiring to install/use GpsFix?
                      (With stock v1.8 GPS works perfectly, with no need for GpsFix or so).

I would install and check first. if you find an issue with GPS there are free apps on playstore for MTK tablets to fix.

Comment

Success story:

By using Quick Install Method from dwtk, I've upgraded my Black Cube Talk 9x U65GT, 32 GB, v1.8 2014/07/04,
                        to U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308.

Thanks to:
                        dwtk: for guides (FreakTab Forum and YouTube) and guidance
                        Lepi: for Custom custom ROMs and Recovery!!!
                        Vokuhain: for FreakTab Forum list of ROMs, Recoveries, etc.

Notes:

1) I wanted to pursue the 'full' method but I also got stuck with step 5, scatter files corresponding to my stock ROM
                        (see above for other people reporting the same problem).

2) For Quick Method, Flash Tools, I downloaded U65GT_V2.0Ë¢ºó´¥ÃþʧЧ»ØË¢¹ý¶É°æ±¾-ÏßË¢°ü.rar from https://yadi.sk/d/aVpqZfvVciobP.
                        FTR, it wasn't really v2.0 but v1.8 from 2014/11/11 - never mind, it worked for me as an intermediate step en-route to Lepi.

3) Although having 32 GB I used the same 6 GB EBR files as provided by dwtk.
                        Upon flashing and booting into the upgraded stock ROM, it declared that USB storage was corrupted,
                        but gave me option to format it directly from tablet - I didn't need to format it over USB from PC.

4) For Flash Tools flashing (Download only), I have unchecked its last two options, Cache and User Data.
                        Upon flashing and booting into the stock ROM all my data got preserved (IMEI, Google account, installed apps, etc.).

5) Although I have successfully installed pre-loader drivers (and tested them by MTK Droid Tools),
                        Flash Tool didn't want to download/flash at first - no error indication but progress bar never started.
                        I gave up and plugged USB cable to another port, PC recognized and updated drivers, and Flash Tool imeediately started to flash.

5) To enable Mobile Uncle Tools to open TWRP Recovery, I (of course) needed to root the just flashed stock ROM.

6) From TWRP Recovery I flashed U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308 from

with no additional MODs.
                        I chose Wipe Cache before re-booting, but again not loosing essential data (IMEI, Google and Skype account, etc.).

7) I didn't pull out SD card - I've copied OTA update.zip (to root the tablet) directly over USB from PC,
                        and I downloaded Lepi's ROM on tablet, saving it directly to the SD card.

8) I'm using the tablet in Airplane mode (WLAN on), and I have no issues with GPS fixing position - i.e., no need for GPS Fix app
                        (neither with the original v1.8 stock ROM, nor with the flashed Lepi's v2.0.9).

Both Flash Tools and TWRP Recovery flashing took only couple of minutes each (definitely shorter than 10-15 minutes),
                        and didn't hurt

So far everything works fine - frankly, I never observed much problems with the original v1.8 stock ROM either
                        (for intermittent HTTPS connection issues I'm not sure if rather to blame my bridged WiFi connection and/or particular Web shops).

PS: New v2.0 stock ROM is coming http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...9x-u65gt_v2-0/,
                        http://www.mediafire.com/download/32...U65GT_V2.0.rar,
                        but I'd rather see their Lollipop upgrade, in my life-time.
                        Last edited by zgf; 08-29-2015, 09:48.

Comment

I have installed U65GT v2.0.8LW Lepi 150308 ROM successfully.Before I make an error, the external SD Card shows up in my computer as drive letter K. (Win 10). . When clicking on the internal drive letter J, windows says it wants to format the drive before it can be used. Should I go ahead and let it do so? In your video part 3 under the update to the tutorial it says windows will now ask you to format the storage. This did not happen after the ROM flashing. It did not ask until I plugged in the tablet into the USB port and tried to access the internal storage as above. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Joebman View Post
                            I have installed U65GT v2.0.8LW Lepi 150308 ROM successfully.Before I make an error, the external SD Card shows up in my computer as drive letter K. (Win 10). . When clicking on the internal drive letter J, windows says it wants to format the drive before it can be used. Should I go ahead and let it do so? In your video part 3 under the update to the tutorial it says windows will now ask you to format the storage. This did not happen after the ROM flashing. It did not ask until I plugged in the tablet into the USB port and tried to access the internal storage as above. Thanks in advance.
                            Are you able to access your Itneral Storage (USB Storage) from the built-in File Manager on your tablet?
                            I wasn't and I formatted the USB storage directly from the tablet, I didn' t bother to format the USB Storage from PC/Windows, and sfter that everything was OK

Comment

Originally posted by dwtk View Post
                              ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

QUICK INSTALL METHOD !!!!!

From what I have been reading on this thread the above method doesn't always work . especially the MTKDROID TOOLS part. So here is a quick method to do all of the above with the exception your TABLET WILL GO BACK TO FACTORY SETTING AND YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA SO BACK UP BACK UP ALSO IMIE.
                              • Follow STEPS 1 2, 3 As above.
                                * Next download Stock ROM from Links in this post.
                              • I used the 2.0 version. But check what your current ROM is . You should have upgraded to the latest.
                              • Extact Stock rom to a location.
                              • Now start STEP 6 . But instead of navigating to MTKDROID TOOLS BACKUP . Navigate and open stockrom Scatter file in SP FLASH TOOLS. Everything will load up
                              • Replace the following sections in Flashtools and select download only.
                              1. Select Download Only ( This will preserve your IMEI Number )
                              2. EBR 1 = CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\4 - SP Flash Tool and TWRP Recovery\5 - App Space Re-partion - 6G\EBR1_6G
                              3. EBR 2 = CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\4 - SP Flash Tool and TWRP Recovery\5 - App Space Re-partion - 6G\EBR2_6G
                              4. RECOVERY = CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\4 - SP Flash Tool and TWRP Recovery\1 - TWRP_2.8.5.0_mod_Lepi\Recovery.IMG
                              This will flash the stock ROM with all stock parts except for repartitioned 6GB Partitions and TWRP Recovery which we have replaced above.
                              • Ensure tablet is NOT CONNECTED and is OFF.
                              • Do one final check and next press Download
                              • Next connect tablet whilst off. You will hear windows connect.
                              • A red Flash bar will now load. ( If you get an error try changing USB speed in options and stop process and try again. ) If you get any other errors try googling.
                              • Once done you will see a big green tick and your done.
                              • Continue with Step 7 . Also see tutorial update below to format second partition.

TUTORIAL UPDATES

* It seems during the tutorial I missed a step. Once you have finished flashing the device and installing the custom rom you will find you arent able to mount the second 6GB partition within Android. To get around this I would suggest turning off USB debugging mode and connecting tablet to PC as mass storage device. Once windows has finished installing drivers you will see partition as grayed out. right click and format as fat32. Make sure you format the correct partition.
                              Hi and thanks to you for tutorials.and thanks to all for their work.
                              Please HELP help HELP
                              I have big problem i tried the first tutorial and have error when MTK droid tools try to make blocks from backup tablet ROM.I tried several times under win 8.1 and win 7 I made backup a few times, the same. The tablet is rooted and drivers installed , tried to put files in different locations, nothing work. After i tried second tutorial , I have downloaded the stock ROM V 1.8 September, after that I decompress, extracted the archive. When I opened the Flash tool and chosen the scatter file from stock ROM it give me the error ' error initializing the scatter file failed. Please check the name of the scatter file of which you load is legal" and nothing appear under.
                              I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

HELP HELP

Comment

Originally posted by Steli View Post

Hi and thanks to you for tutorials.and thanks to all for their work.
                                Please HELP help HELP
                                I have big problem i tried the first tutorial and have error when MTK droid tools try to make blocks from backup tablet ROM.I tried several times under win 8.1 and win 7 I made backup a few times, the same. The tablet is rooted and drivers installed , tried to put files in different locations, nothing work. After i tried second tutorial , I have downloaded the stock ROM V 1.8 September, after that I decompress, extracted the archive. When I opened the Flash tool and chosen the scatter file from stock ROM it give me the error ' error initializing the scatter file failed. Please check the name of the scatter file of which you load is legal" and nothing appear under.
                                I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

HELP HELP
                                I've used the same methid, but with the stock ROM U65GT_V2.0Ë¢ºó´¥ÃþʧЧ»ØË¢¹ý¶É°æ±¾-ÏßË¢°ü.rar from

It is actually v1.8 from 2014/11/1, but never mind, you later flash v2.0.9 by Lepi, e.g. U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308 from

And everything worked like a charm

Comment

Working...
                                X