M8 5.0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 5.0.8

This is an actual M8 build that truly has all 4 cores working. It originally had no sound , but I contacted Kerber and donated to see if he could fix it and he did. This build flies.

Power off from menu still reboots box.

Last edited by al8782; 05-10-2015, 21:47.

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
    This is an actual M8 build that truly has all 4 cores working. It originally had no sound , but I contacted Kerber and donated to see if he could fix it and he did. This build flies.

Power off from menu still reboots box.

http://amlinux.ru/target/
    Thanks, running it now, still no Audio. I loaded the tar. Any guidance would appreciate it.

Comment

Audio works fine for me. Have tested audio through receiver and optical and both worked fine also. I've done both tar file and flash with zip. Flashing from zip is what I've seen suggested with OpenELEC builds. And a buddy of mine said he notices the box being more responsive when flashing. I audio output settings are set to default analog and with default analog optical worked also.

Comment

I did from zip still no luck. Audio settings the same. Did you go back to stock first then reinstall, or you stayed on Openelec and go straight to Kerber built?

Comment

Originally posted by node View Post
          I did from zip still no luck. Audio settings the same. Did you go back to stock first then reinstall, or you stayed on Openelec and go straight to Kerber built?
          I've been going from stock firmware on G Box Q to 5.0.8. I've updated from other OpenELEC builds and was fine also. Not sure what the problem could be.

Comment

Holy Toledo, I left the unit on for the pass few hours to see if it will take an update, guess what, the audio came. I did nothing, just left it on from my last post and the audio came on.

Comment

Thanks a mil, things I notice, I can see only info for two core but I am sure all four are running, as I see the CPU use as 3% usage tops, whereas with codesnake built, I see like 30% usage, working much harder. The other thing I will like to fix on the box is the resolution how can I get 1080p I can only get 720p. Nothing to do with the this built, but from the start, does not matter what monitor I attached to the box.

Comment

Are you sure you are using the right build? You sound like you're using a totally different build.. I have all 4 cores working and can change video output to 1080p.

What box are you loading this up on?

Comment

I run M8 2gb+8gb box. I load the Openelec you pointed me to, and got Kodi 14.2. I have never seem 1080p nothing always 720p. From stock I load Codesnake 5.0.3 then upgrade to 5.0.8 the resolution is always grayed out, and is showing [email protected]

As for the core can only see information for two the third one I cannot see any info, then the information band with the % use.

Comment

You're using the M8 buikd from May 4th? I can see all four cores working nothing is greyed out in video output or audio output. I can choose between 1080 or 720. Maybe it's the 5.0.3 that's causing the problems, I'm not sure. Like I mentioned before I could use 5.0.3 at all on my Q box. I would load a different build first. Load megatrons build and then 5.0.8. I've done this before with one of codes builds because I was getting the M8 overlay problem on one of my tv's.

Comment

Yes I am on M8 built from May 4th. I want to think this myself, that the 5.0.3 had something to do with it, causing the resolution to stay fix at 1280 x 720p and not be able to see the cores.

Comment

Originally posted by node View Post
                        Yes I am on M8 built from May 4th. I want to think this myself, that the 5.0.3 had something to do with it, causing the resolution to stay fix at 1280 x 720p and not be able to see the cores.
                        If you have a keyboard select O when playing a movie and see what cores are doing.

Comment

I see CPU0:CPU1:CPU2 & CPU3

Comment

I just loaded stock set the resolution to 1080p then I loaded finless 1.7 set the display to 1080p x 60hz. Then loaded back Kerber OpenElec 5.0.8 it went back to 1280 x 720 grayed out.

Comment

Hi al8782. I have flashed on my square M8 the above ROM. All Dolby Digital video files play fine, but from the rest of the video file (ie. aac audio codecs) i do not get any audio. Any thoughts?

SOLVED - After playing with my audio settings i discovered that i had to select the "Stereo upmix".
                              Thanks for the great work. This is the best openelec version that i have flashed to my M8.
                              Last edited by kakoskm; 05-12-2015, 17:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X