Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIPS for S802 (and others) Owners (MXIII 2GB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks. I now have all of the UK catchup apps fully working: BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4 Catchup, 5 on demand.

All thanks to media.amplayer.widevineenable = true

Comment

Originally posted by dave_999 View Post
      Wow, thanks. I now have all of the UK catchup apps fully working: BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4 Catchup, 5 on demand.

Glad it helped! Though a better question to ask... Would be WHY!? As is WHY THE HECK, isn't this enabled by default?!

Comment

nice information
        thanks all

Comment

I

Can you give me a guide on how to do this Dave, to a fairly newcomer to android?

Comment

ontwofronts : You simply need to edit the 'build.prop' file and change media.amplayer.widevineenable from 'false' to 'true'.

I'll leave it to you to google how to edit your build.prop, you can either do it with a root file explorer app: ES File Explorer or you can download a build.prop editor app from google play which may be easier for you as they normally allow you to backup the file too just in case you make a mess of it.

Comment

ontwofronts : You simply need to edit the 'build.prop' file and change media.amplayer.widevineenable from 'false' to 'true'.

I'll leave it to you to google how to edit your build.prop, you can either do it with a root file explorer app: ES File Explorer or you can download a build.prop editor app from google play which may be easier for you as they normally allow you to backup the file too just in case you make a mess of it.
              An even simpler way is to grab the Rooed SSH/SFTP Daemon from the Play Store...
              Set that up and, then use WinSCP, to log into the SFTP (Explorer), and edit it with something like Notepad++.

Comment

These are great tips. Does anyone know how to flash TWRP on the MXiii Amlogic s802. The 2 gig version. Nothing I do will get the MXiii to recognize the TWRP recovery image on the sdcard or usb thumb drive. I have tried everything I know. Even Flashify, Rashr, TWRP Manager. The stock recovery just won't see any image files. Even tried the adb shell method but got a write permissions error.
                any help would be very appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X