No announcement yet.

Tronfy MXIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried to run the new FW for the minix neo x8-h plus and it is protected to work on minix boxes only like the pivos boxes are. i have a jynxbox and i used to get the FW and change the install on pivos only with notepad++ and deleting the 2 lines. this FW has the same two lines and i can delete them but signapk doesnt let me sign it. if anyone can get the new FW to sign i can flash it to this box and see if it will work..

on the twrp that will not show up in the directory at all i changed it to read "recovery.img" but it still will not show up i am putting it in the root directory of the sc card and a usb card and it doesnt show up ??? dont know why. if i change it to a zip it will show up no problem , but obviously it will not work like that ...

Comment

You must rename this - TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003.img to become recovery.img - that simple....
      Its not much of a wonder why its NOT working if you changed this to a *.zip! the File is already uncompressed (as much as it needs to be!), the ONLY thing you have to do with it is simply rename it to recovery.img. And make sure that NO OTHER version of recovery.img exists on the same MicroSD.

And, just outta interest... Are you talking about the 3e Recovery?

Or are you actually in the TRWP Recovery?

Comment

I contacted them earlier about my Tronfy MX-IV and from what I heard they are making a new website and should have a new firmware version soon (with Kodi 14.2 and some new tested apps) available for download.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
          You must rename this - TWRP_2.8.5.0_X8_X8PLUS_X8H_003.img to become recovery.img - that simple....
          Its not much of a wonder why its NOT working if you changed this to a *.zip! the File is already uncompressed (as much as it needs to be!), the ONLY thing you have to do with it is simply rename it to recovery.img. And make sure that NO OTHER version of recovery.img exists on the same MicroSD.
          sorry i didnt post sooner i was working a long shift...

i did change it to recovery.img and it doesnt show up at all. i said the only way to get the file to show up is to rename it to .zip but i know thats not the proper way for it to be as the proper way is .img.

tronfy website is updated with the stock FW so that was a good thing from them.

update:

i just installed the minix FW with burning tool it showed the logo but didnt boot up to OS so i switched it back to stock.
          openelec works on this the 806_s812 508 file from http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/ really works well on it. i will stay on the stock FW cause kodi works great on it for what i do, until more FW are out for it. overall this box seems really good for the money a buddy of mine got the matricom gbox Q and i had to flash it with openelec cause it wasnt that good on android but this one is much better with more things for the same price on amazon.

another update:

just tried finless 1.1 rom for the minix and it went and istalled but didnt work went to black screen. there are not much other roms to mess with for the 812 chipset so i will be staying on the stock rom as its really good for kodi 15 beta.

twrp recovery does not work at all on this tried the finless rom with it and it didnt work and tried the recovery ichijoe segested and it didnt work either.
          Last edited by cruz1383; 05-14-2015, 19:27.

Comment

Here is a link to the stock FW for the Tronfy MXIV http://www.tronfy.com/downloads/tron...ware-download/
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Thank you blinkone I got it. This box is really good and hold its own with kodi as far as streaming from the addon (it's as far as I test kodi cause I don't have network file and stuff to test)

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                Here is a link to the stock FW for the Tronfy MXIV http://www.tronfy.com/downloads/tron...ware-download/

There is another firmware which adds a lot of apps & kodi plugins: http://downloads.tronfy.com/TRONFY_MX4_card_Version_FULL_LOADED_202k4_16G_2015 0514.rar

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzi View Post
                  I contacted them earlier about my Tronfy MX-IV and from what I heard they are making a new website and should have a new firmware version soon (with Kodi 14.2 and some new tested apps) available for download.
                  Thank you for your support and understanding! We will upload Recovery package later, your kindly patience on it will be our best support.

Comment

Most of the enclosed Apps from 202k4 2015/05/14, seem to be mostly all geo-locked stuff

BBC iPlayer
                    BBC Player News
                    GEOLOCKED! (UK ONLY)

iHreartRadio
                    HBO GO
                    The CW
                    GEOLOCKED (US ONLY)

FlixNetxeon - is just useless bloatware that wants your money!
                    tinydeal smells of the same bit of uselessness.

The Netflix App is as likely as not outta date, and will get overwritten by the Playstore with a newer version. That if needed could just as easily be downloaded.

Whats actually humous is that Quick Office is still in there, even after Google sent it off to the Glue Factory. I thought this was a TV Box, not a Desktop Replacement?

Speaking of TV Boxes.... Why is it that nobody has ever thought to flip the media.amplayer.widevineenable=from false to true?
                    This is why nobody can use Google Play Movies, and other such DRM'gt embedded crap like your HBO Go for example in HD... Cause as you've shipped it.. The Box does NOT support any DRM!
                    The sad joke here being that it in fact does have the correct DRM in place... ITS JUST NOT ACTIVATED!

WHY?!

Comment

that drm question is a great one. i hope people start to make some roms for this and other s812 chipsets that address this issue. but as of right now i couldnt be happier with what it has for what i do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                        Most of the enclosed Apps from 202k4 2015/05/14, seem to be mostly all geo-locked stuff

BBC iPlayer
                        BBC Player News
                        GEOLOCKED! (UK ONLY)

iHreartRadio
                        HBO GO
                        The CW
                        GEOLOCKED (US ONLY)

FlixNetxeon - is just useless bloatware that wants your money!
                        tinydeal smells of the same bit of uselessness.

The Netflix App is as likely as not outta date, and will get overwritten by the Playstore with a newer version. That if needed could just as easily be downloaded.

Whats actually humous is that Quick Office is still in there, even after Google sent it off to the Glue Factory. I thought this was a TV Box, not a Desktop Replacement?

Speaking of TV Boxes.... Why is it that nobody has ever thought to flip the media.amplayer.widevineenable=from false to true?
                        This is why nobody can use Google Play Movies, and other such DRM'gt embedded crap like your HBO Go for example in HD... Cause as you've shipped it.. The Box does NOT support any DRM!
                        The sad joke here being that it in fact does have the correct DRM in place... ITS JUST NOT ACTIVATED!

WHY?!
                        someone needs a chill pill...

That's why you have vpn's i like to watch BBC iPlayer (sports commentary is a lot better than in my country).

Between making a rom and someone having in their home ofcourse there will be updated apps. Does that mean a factory shouldn't put that app on there?

Comment

Just came across this video ..so new firmware has some new apps & kodi 14.2

Comment

hi, are there any compatible firmware to our box ?

Comment

Working...
                            X