Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MK808 won't go past the "Google TV" screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MK808 won't go past the "Google TV" screen!

Hello,

I've just bought two pieces of MK808 in China. Even though I saw the seller using the device, I didn't test the two that he sold to me.

So... when I got home I powered-up them and they just won't go through the "Google TV" screen.

That's when I decided to update its firmware to Finless 1.7. It goes all the way throught the procedures but it is all the same.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7640.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	438352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7641.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	438353

Re: My MK808 won't go past the "Google TV" screen!

Originally posted by rickonvb View Post
    Hello,

I've just bought two pieces of MK808 in China. Even though I saw the seller using the device, I didn't test the two that he sold to me.

So... when I got home I powered-up them and they just won't go through the "Google TV" screen.

That's when I decided to update its firmware to Finless 1.7. It goes all the way throught the procedures but it is all the same.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2081[/ATTACH]
    Any log while flashing? all goes ok? Are you sure you flash the correct Rom for your device?
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

While flashing, everything seems ok. There is no warning or error in the log.
      I think it is the correct rom. Its box says it is the MK808 (Rk3066 Dual Core 1.6G (Cortex-A9), Nand Flash 8G, Bluetooth 4.0, WIFI, Android 4.1). But the device is frozen on this screen even before this flashing.

Comment

While flashing, everything seems ok. There is no warning or error in the log.
        I think it is the correct rom. Its box says it is the MK808 (Rk3066 Dual Core 1.6G (Cortex-A9), Nand Flash 8G, Bluetooth 4.0, WIFI, Android 4.1). But the device is frozen on this screen even before this flashing.
        You must open your device to ensure what is exactly your device, but anyway it must boot, only WiFi problems if you flash the wrong Rom. So I suggest to try another power supply.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

No sure but i think i read somewhere that the clones (or one of them) only excepts it's own kernel.
          Of course it has to be an MK808B in that case. Opening it up sounds like a good idea
          - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
          - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
          - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

So... I opened the device. The only readable thing is the "RK903". Do you notice anything? Do you think this is the real deal for the MK808 or MK808B?

Thanks.

Name:	IMG_7654.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	430068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7653.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	430069Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7651.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	430070Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7652.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	430071

Comment

So... I opened the device. The only readable thing is the "RK903". Do you notice anything? Do you think this is the real deal for the MK808 or MK808B?

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2094[/ATTACH]
              Its an original mk808b.
              Currently Using:
              2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
              Retired Devices:
              MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                You must open your device to ensure what is exactly your device, but anyway it must boot, only WiFi problems if you flash the wrong Rom. So I suggest to try another power supply.
                I have just tried with my 2A iPad power supply and it has the same behavior. =(

Comment

Try flashing again and use the MK808B ROM.
                  - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
                  - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by Abducted View Post
                    In this world with many roms available (we can get lost), could you please indicate a good MK808B rom?
                    Thank you!

Comment

At the bottom of THIS thread you can find downloads for a MK808 and 3 versions of the MK808B.

You should get the MK808B original.

Comment

At the bottom of THIS thread you can find downloads for a MK808 and 3 versions of the MK808B.

You should get the MK808B original.
                        Thanks Abducted. I downloaded the MK808B original and flashed the device. But the frozen image still. Both units have the same behavior, check the logs below:

Name:	screen1.png
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	430073Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.png
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	430072

Comment

Just one more thing... I am only plugging in the AC and HDMI to the MK808B. Is it mandatory to plug anything else in the OTG or USB (mouse, keyboard, etc)?

Comment

Al rom on it
                            Just one more thing... I am only plugging in the AC and HDMI to the MK808B. Is it mandatory to plug anything else in the OTG or USB (mouse, keyboard, etc)?
                            No, you are doing the procces well. Something is wrong there, have you tried to install mk808b origin on it? Where are you from? PM me, and we can try to solve it by skipe or messenger
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Have you tried some other TV?

Comment

Working...
                              X