X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4gb/64gb VOYO Mini PC Windows 8.1 4K Media Player Intel Z3775 Quad Core

4gb/64gb VOYO Mini PC Windows 8.1 4K Media Player Intel Z3775 Quad Core

Another new one ready to hit our streets
    Price appears a little, no a lot over the top considering you can get a Intel Nuc Celeron with 4gb and 500gb hdd
    Interesting to see were the price goes on this one.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VOYO-...ue-345934.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150523092323933.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	502281

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trebor; 06-16-2015, 11:34.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

What an idiot will buy it for 260$?! And Z3775 does not support 4K ouput (max is 2560x1600). For 250$ you may buy at Ali superb Intel Core i3-4010U box with passive cooling (4 GB RAM up to 16 GB, 64 GB SSD M.2, SATA port for 2.5" device, 4 USB 3.0, Wi-Fi MIMO 2x2). i3-4010U have HD 4400 Graphics controller 4x times faster than Intel HD (4 EUs) in Z3775. i3-4010U CPU up to 2-7x faster Z3775. Is it joke?

Comment

So what we are getting for an extra $140 is 2Gb RAM and a minor SOC upgrade.

Can't see many being sold at any price above $170.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I was thinking the same thing... on the low end, they decided to also release 32gb versions of the low end voyo 3735F for $94.99
        China-1 Stock | Buy VOYO Windows 8.1 Mini PC Intel Z3735F Quad Core 2G/32G WIFI XBMC KODI Bluetooth HDMI OTG with 1000mAh Battery - White online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I'd buy the 3775 @ about $159 (about where the MINIX neo boxes went in price). Any higher and I can wait a while for a either a laptop or some REAL competitior to release a different box that is CHEAPER.
        $250 is laptop territory or windows tablet territory. What I can't understand is why bother releasting an upgrade if the price out of whack with what the market will stand?
        The 64gb voyo's should have hit $79 and the new box be about $159. an extra 2gb of ram shouldn't be more than $40 and the upgrade in the CPU another $40 If they want $259, include a 4 - 5tb hard drive free.

I've seen AMD a8 laptops w/ 4gb ram 500gb hard drive for $259. Also agree some NUC's are around this price too. It reminds me of Zyxel when they made really expensive analog modems, which they didn't bother upgrading or cutting the prices on when the generic went down to $49 and theirs was $229. Time for other MFG to up their game and cut the price to compete! Could also help if GeekBuying wasn't the only major seller for windows mini pc boxes.

Comment

Does it support real 4K? Will it output 4K to a 4K tv or not?

In the future I am planning to buy a Windows Box with 4K output. Can anyone advise me some good deals?

THX
          Robert

Comment

Originally posted by illesrobi View Post
            Does it support real 4K? Will it output 4K to a 4K tv or not?

In the future I am planning to buy a Windows Box with 4K output. Can anyone advise me some good deals?

THX
            Robert

There aren't any yet that will support full 4K.

I'm not so sure that Cherry trail will either, so it may be a case of waiting for Windows to be successfully ported to ARM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I'm not so sure that Cherry trail will either, so it may be a case of waiting for Windows to be successfully ported to ARM.
              THX!!

Comment

So this device does not output 4k to a 4k monitor then????

It is still a mistery to me which device is a real 4k device.....

Comment

There are some Arm based boxes that have the capability to output full 4k 4k and of course, as you will know, the very first prerequisite for that will be the inclusion of an HDMI 2.0 hardware port.

From there on in is where things have gotten more complicated because even if the hardware is capable, the software implementation may not actually be the case.

There has been much discussion over the last 9 months or so about implementation, including accusations of fudged or fake 4k output that may look a little like it but not necessarily genuine.

Don't know much about the Beelink S82 Plus as such but I'm sure that there will a forum for it on here and always worth trawling through the external reviews too.

HMDI 1.4 of course can output 4k 2k but again, the actual implementation vs the marketing hype can often be two different things, so rule 1 when buying these Chinese boxes is never believe anything until others confirm it.

Comment

BTW: the Beelink S82 Plus uses the amlogic S812 instead of the S802 at the device without "Plus" and the only benefit of the S812 is some more hw-decoding (H.265) and the 1GB eth

At the RK3288 they use 2.0 but you need a TV with 10-bit HDMI port (deep colour) to use the @60 at 4K (and last but not least there exists the question of framebuffer and real or not-real 4K)...

Back to Intel: the upcoming "Cherry Trail" seems to support 4K and maybe also @60... we will see... http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-H....140902.0.html

RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks again for your answer!

Comment

There are some Arm based boxes that have the capability to output full 4k 4k and of course, as you will know, the very first prerequisite for that will be the inclusion of an HDMI 2.0 hardware port.

From there on in is where things have gotten more complicated because even if the hardware is capable, the software implementation may not actually be the case.

There has been much discussion over the last 9 months or so about implementation, including accusations of fudged or fake 4k output that may look a little like it but not necessarily genuine.

Don't know much about the Beelink S82 Plus as such but I'm sure that there will a forum for it on here and always worth trawling through the external reviews too.

HMDI 1.4 of course can output 4k 2k but again, the actual implementation vs the marketing hype can often be two different things, so rule 1 when buying these Chinese boxes is never believe anything until others confirm it.
                        IIRC, it was the back and forth between tronsmart and minix where these acusations of upsampling came from.. right? Its probably stolen upsampling coding schemes by dvd players.. they were the first to upsample 1080p to 4k.. how else were they going to do it on a 600mhz chip?

Basically all those mali octacore 600mhz android chips are really outputting UPSAMPLED video... haha.. that's funny-- even so, if android boxes can do "FAKE" upsampling, there's no reason why Intel's HD7 coouldn't be modified to do the same at the very least... perhaps efforts are better suited to just doing REAL 4k.. but I dobut they will be 10w boxes by this time.. REAL 4k video playback probably requires more than 10 watts. BTW, why should INTEL have all the fun in releasing processors for these boxes.. AMD should begin making these small power consumption chips as well.. they certainly have the 4k r&d done for on-board 4k video... so what the heck are they waiting for-- bankruptcy??

If 4k hdtv's get low enough in price by the end of the year.. I might actually buy one, besides price.. they use upto 40% more electricity than their 1080p predecesors-- that's my other bias against 4k.
                        Few people innovating electronics these days are paying much attention to the power consumption factor-- current crop of intel & android boxes excluded of course. I'd pay an extra $100 on the price of a 4k tv to have the energy efficiency at least equal to that of 1080p sets.

Comment

There are of course a few potential downsides to 4k.

Available useful content being one of the prime ones, especially as there is still so much over the air TV being broadcast in 480p.

Then there is the factor of whether you will actually see much, if any difference between 1090p and 4k for the size of TV and viewing distance you are at.

All the devices do doone thing though and that is display a picture on the screen that 99% will be perfectly happy with on a daily basis.

Comment

Guys the worst part in all of this is being completely missed. The 3775F doesn't support RAM of more than 2 GB !!!! You can check this out on Intel's own spec sheets and website. So not only you're paying an outrageous extra for just 2 GB Ram but the chip will not be able to actually act and benefit from it!

Comment

I may be wrong but
                              -
                              Memory Specifications
                              Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 4 GB
                              http://ark.intel.com/products/80268/...up-to-2_39-GHz

You would not buy one these for that price its crazy.
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X