MK808B PLUS Android&Ubuntu hybrid ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not working properly, no support
    Last edited by seahorse; 06-30-2015, 08:16.

Comment

mk808b plus ubuntu wifi does not work, does not work eternet usb usb, usb not working I wanted to ask if you solve these errors
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by qaz2 View Post
        mk808b plus ubuntu wifi does not work, does not work eternet usb usb, usb not working I wanted to ask if you solve these errors
        thanks
        TESTED (android/Ubuntu):
        Wifi works without problems.
        USB host & USB OTG works without problems, tested with:
        wireless keyboard/mouse
        USB Flash drive
        USB HD
        USB to serial adapter

I don't have USB ethernet adapter, so it is not tested.

Comment

I have installed flexget+transmission in ubuntu server running in the background, works perfectly.
          Thanks for the work!

Comment

Originally posted by qaz2 View Post
            thanks
            Hello loboris,

And first of all, thx for ur great job !!!

I achieved the installation. And everything is ok, except network in unbuntu : i can't surf and can't do updates or download software.
            Wifi is ok on android.

How can i fix it ?
            Thanx for ur answer

Comment

What can be the reason when i cannot go into recovery mode.
              I tried 4 different 8GB SD cards. It doesnot work.
              Is it correct to put a pin into the left hole (klick) and then plug in.

How should the sd card formated, fat32, extfat, ntfs?

thank you for your reply

SOLVED: SD Card must be formated with 2048 not standard
              Last edited by hochgattererjohann; 08-26-2015, 17:44.

Comment

What can be the reason, when in ubuntu the keyboard is not woking while in Android the Keyboard is ok.
                LAN connection is the same.

Comment

When u say that LAN connection is the same, it seems than it works in Android but no in Ubuntu ? It's like me !

Comment

Yes LAN in Ubuntu do not work.
                    When your keyboard is working, which one do you have?

Comment

English keyboard is enabled. But i cant change, bse i think it cant download a new one. Bse lan is not working. If boris sees our messages, we need his help !!! thx

Comment

How to install it in the built-NAND memory?
                        need to run Linux directly, Android is not needed.
                        Or, as a last resort, need to run Linux automatically at boot Android.

Comment

Hey loboris,

This is a pretty cool project; thanks for your work.

I'm very interested in how you created this. I have a Minix X8-H Plus (amlogic s812-h) and I'd like to see if I can get something similar running on that, but I am hard-pressed to find any information about running Linux on s812 devices. I found an OpenELEC image at one point that worked, but that and this are the closest resources I have found so far.

I imagine you get great performance by writing to the framebuffer directly, which appears rather novel from within Android. What exactly is the limitation for hardware video acceleration? By running through the Android kernel, you'd be using Android's graphics driver, right? I'll admit I don't know too much about drivers in Android/Linux. Perhaps you are referring to hardware video decoding? How might one approach improving this?

Cheers,

-ZimbiX

Comment

@ZimbiX hardware GPU acceleration in Ubuntu is not possible, Ubuntu only uses framebuffer.

Booting Ubuntu on MK808B+ is now possible. Download from linuxminipc, see this for more info.

Comment

It sounds nice, but neither your Debian8 nor your Ubuntu Mate 15.04 are stable. I copied a lot of files (about 7000 and about 32 GB) from an USB-Stick to a Hard Disk and suddenly after 40% done, the system was frozen. This happened both in Ubuntu and in Debian. And also the system freezed during writing a post in this forum.

So your linux versions are not really usable, except for experimental purposes.

The Android for MK808B plus also works stable. Filesystems NTFS an EXT4 were handled correctly. And copying 32 GB fom one USB Sick to a Harddisk was done nearly twice as fast as in Linux and it didn't freeze.

I have an old picuntu, derived from an Ubuntu 12.10, which works fine on a MK808B (no plus), but the packages are not maintained any more - so firefox is too old and crashes sometimes for some websites (but not the ubuntu system).

I am looking for a better and more up to date solution than the old picuntu on the old MK808B. But seemingly no stable solution does exist.
                              Last edited by mittelalf; 09-10-2016, 21:06.

Comment

Bricked my mk808b plus after i try per usb reinstall original rom!Now just show google grey screen freeze , no wipe.. no install per sd.

Comment

Working...
                                X