R89 question to Beelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R89 question to Beelink

What is the timeline for official update for R89? Been 6 months with some serious issues still looming. Can the stuttering be stopped?
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    What is the timeline for official update for R89? Been 6 months with some serious issues still looming. Can the stuttering be stopped?
    +1
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

+2

Comment

+3

Comment

Probably best to ask them directly.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
            Wasser provides firmware for Beelink RK3288 with support from Beelink and based on their latest code from Rockchip.
            So it won't be beneficial for them to also release stock firmware with less features.

Just take a look in the ENY forum, first firmware update for RK3288 since September last year.

Comment

I retired mine due to the problems I had, it's telling that an mk808b plus despite having much lower specs absolutely thrashes it as media player, it's a night and day difference.

The rk3166 would of been just as bad if it wasn't for d33 making the custom kernels to fix playback and ungimp the rk3166T, I think it's probably worth drawing a line under the rk3288 and just call it what it is, a huge disappointment with some serious problems.

Its such a shame that Rockchip are such idiots, if Amlogic can start producing SOC's closer to the spec of Rockchip I can see them having the majority market share.
              Currently Using:
              2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
              Retired Devices:
              MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                I retired mine due to the problems I had, it's telling that an mk808b plus despite having much lower specs absolutely thrashes it as media player, it's a night and day difference.

The rk3166 would of been just as bad if it wasn't for d33 making the custom kernels to fix playback and ungimp the rk3166T, I think it's probably worth drawing a line under the rk3288 and just call it what it is, a huge disappointment with some serious problems.

Its such a shame that Rockchip are such idiots, if Amlogic can start producing SOC's closer to the spec of Rockchip I can see them having the majority market share.
                +1
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Naaaaa amilogic allwinner (allwiener) rockchip all should be worried at the sales of Nvidia Sheild it's support and product may be a little more then top line release products 140-160 but seems Alot willing to fork the extra for all the problems to be gone. They are very agressivly addressing any issue presented to them by users if I was China manufacture I'd be concerned looks like north America product support may kick them in the balls this time. Doesn't help that thier hardware twice as fast either 😆
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I don't think that the Nvidia shield is going to make that much of an impact on sales of Chinese boxes because it's just so expensive.

Once you add on the controller, the stand and the one handed remote you are getting close to Xbox and PS4 territory.

People tend to buy the Chinese boxes because they are so much cheaper and with more of a move towards Windows, where software support will be far less of an issue than with Android, this is where the the greatest change may likely come.

I think it's Google that may need to worry the most.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister
                      I would think that there will be no more updates for it. Rockchip have moved onto their 64bit SOCs now. The Rk3288 is pretty much dead.

Comment

Doubt that very much batfink the box is in a bad state and rockchip released a lollipop sdk for the new rk3288 it's just up to manufacturers to release a decent firmware for all rk3288 boxes. Tronsmart is releasing a new firmware for the r28 at some point as well and it's identical to the Beelink hardware wise accept the remote functions are mapped differently. Personally I use wasser firmware. Might try Windows 10 that's meant to be coming out for the rk3288 well for the tronsmart at least.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post

I would think that there will be no more updates for it. Rockchip have moved onto their 64bit SOCs now. The Rk3288 is pretty much dead.
                          Lollipop and Windows 10 firmware is still worked on, so it's not dead.
                          RK3288 is Rockchip's main chipset, the RK3388 chipset is for more cost competitiveness but not actually faster CPU and GPU wise.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Lollipop and Windows 10 firmware is still worked on, so it's not dead.
                            RK3288 is Rockchip's main chipset, the RK3388 chipset is for more cost competitiveness but not actually faster CPU and GPU wise.
                            It's just been so long since any sort of update I'm almost putting mine in the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post

It's just been so long since any sort of update I'm almost putting mine in the bin.
                              I don't own the R89, but some claim the Openhour ROM for it addresses some issues.
                              Don't bin it. I think Lubuntu Linux is also available for it, so the box could do some other useful stuff. Ugoos has an SD bootable Linux. I don't know if it would work on the R89, but if so, it would make trying it easy.
                              Disregard this post if you already knew about these.
                              Anyway, I hope you get the proper update soon.
                              Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X