Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reduce the temperature of the CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reduce the temperature of the CPU?

Hello,

my S82B shows temperatures from around 70 degrees while listening to musik and over 80 degrees while watching video. App: CPU Temp.

1) Is it necessary or useful to change the heatsink or to build in a fan? For example with the ASRock heatsink on second picture. Its greater than the original one. I am not sure about the improvement. Or make the high temperatures no problem for devices life?

2) How can the original heatsink be detached from the chip? I dont know how it is fixed but i cant detach it with normal force.

Thanks for your help.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hmm.. my advice keep the one in pic1
    Just at a small silent fan, and see what it does with the temperature

If you wish passive cooling.. take a cooler with a big surface

Removing a cooler..
    Heat..and Twisting motion (clockwise / anti clockwise ) ... you can also buy a liquid that desolves..adhesives at (most) PC stores

Anyway..goodluck

P's, somewhere on this forum is "show your cool mods" post..with lots of pictures

Comment

I stole a fan from another device and cut a USB cable. Connect red and black and now you have a cheap fan. If too loud install a resistor or some variable resistor. This cured my heat problem.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks for your opinions.
        @mitchell4you: There are so many different heatsinks on the variations of the S82/S802. This must make sense. Some of them are tiny, like mine. Others range over the four Mira Chips.
        @prahjister: I dont prefer a fan cause cause they are mostly noisy.
        But how can i remove the heatsink? Its fits like glue. I am afraid of damaging the chip.
        Btw. Latest Finless Rom is installed and Antutu displays 38235.

Comment

the cpu will throttle when it reaches its threshold temp
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
          X