No announcement yet.

[ROM] Finless 1.1 for NEW MK808B PLUS by Droid-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for this DroidTV.Fr this worked on my new MK808B Plus with the AP6212 from Gearbest as well as my Tronsmart MK808B Plus from Geekbuying.

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post
      thanks for this DroidTV.Fr this worked on my new MK808B Plus with the AP6212 from Gearbest as well as my Tronsmart MK808B Plus from Geekbuying.
      If you don't mind, could you confirm whether WiFi/USB LAN conenctions works with this rom on new tronsmart mk808b plus?

Thanks in advance

(BTW, I am on 111k4 tronsmart stock rom and so far everything is working fine for my basic use)
      Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
      SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

Originally posted by mebaali View Post

If you don't mind, could you confirm whether WiFi/USB LAN conenctions works with this rom on new tronsmart mk808b plus?

Thanks in advance

(BTW, I am on 111k4 tronsmart stock rom and so far everything is working fine for my basic use)
        Im currently using wifi i dont have any usb to lan adaptors as i dont have a way to connect via any wired connections

Comment

Hello,

I edited my first post, it is for AP6212 wifi chipset. I will have a look on 128k3 and see if I can also make a firmware from it.

LAN adaptor will work fine, assuming your MK808B Plus came with 111k3.

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post

Im currently using wifi i dont have any usb to lan adaptors as i dont have a way to connect via any wired connections
            Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by Droid-TV.fr View Post
              Hello,

I edited my first post, it is for AP6212 wifi chipset. I will have a look on 128k3 and see if I can also make a firmware from it.

LAN adaptor will work fine, assuming your MK808B Plus came with 111k3.
              That's very assuring. I will give it a try, this weekend.

Thanks for your effort

Comment

Can anyone confirm if this Rom plays Netflix in HD? Thanks

Comment

Thank you so much for this!
                  I recently bought an mk808b plus and decided to flash finless 1.1 without doing much research (won't happen again).
                  After flashing it I lost wifi and bt and only after I realized that there were multiple versions of the device. Made the noob mistake of not backing up my stock rom so I tried several roms to see if I could get my wifi back, with no success.
                  Yesterday I realized I had the new wifi chip(ap6212) and I found this thread, which saved me. I was surprised to see that there are so few roms available for the new mk808b plus.

Anyways, thanks again, it works perfect and it restored all functionality to my device.

Comment

In my Tronsmart MK808b Plus (ap6210 wifi chipset) all essential functions are working perfectly with your ROM.

Thank you so much DroidTV team for this superb work
                    Last edited by mebaali; 08-08-2015, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave91 View Post
                      Thank you so much for this!
                      I recently bought an mk808b plus and decided to flash finless 1.1 without doing much research (won't happen again).
                      After flashing it I lost wifi and bt and only after I realized that there were multiple versions of the device. Made the noob mistake of not backing up my stock rom so I tried several roms to see if I could get my wifi back, with no success.
                      Yesterday I realized I had the new wifi chip(ap6212) and I found this thread, which saved me. I was surprised to see that there are so few roms available for the new mk808b plus.

Anyways, thanks again, it works perfect and it restored all functionality to my device.
                      I did the same thing. Thank you Droid TV. Almost everyting works fine but i have a few problems.
                      My settings from rom-setup, sound -hdmi passthru, display 1080p 60
                      I have connected mk808b plus to my denon avr reciver. When i start kodi 14.1 that comes with the rom when i play a movie i dont have full screen (only when playing movies, kodi UI is full screen). If i set sound from kodi to 5.1 (i have 5.1 speakers that are connected to my avr) i have no sound. If its set to 2.0 work just fine.
                      I upgraded to kodi 15 , full screen problem when playing movies is resolved but sound problem is still present. Also with 15.1 RC same.
                      If i play movies with the movie player app (dts is passed thru ok).
                      Any thoughts on the problem?
                      Does anyone have a link to original rom with (ap6212) ? I want to try with stock rom to see if i experinece the same problems.

Thank you in advance.

Yours MarK

LE: i had to go to settings-system and set (expert mode) and then go to audio and set passthru, DTS and AC3 capable reciver.
                      i also experienced some small sound delay (it was fixed, disable Vertical blank sync). This happens only on my avr, if its connected straight to tv everything is ok.

Last edited by markthepig; 08-17-2015, 08:05.

Comment

hello,
                        this is my first time trying to upgrade the software.
                        when the device is rebooted, it enters a menu with a few options that i need to choose, but can't, the "ok"
                        button doesn't do anything...
                        the options are,

reboot system now
                        apply update from ADB
                        apply update from EXT
                        apply update from cache
                        wipe data/factory reset
                        wipe cache partition.

what should i do ? and how?

the device is with 6212 and 111k4

Thanks in advance

Felix

Comment

hi,
                          i have upgraded the version, but no difference in wifi speed.
                          still limited to 3Mbps
                          is this ok?

felix

Comment

Works perfectly on my new 111k4 MK808b plus (AP6212).

Thank you!

Comment

I tried this ROM in the hope of using LAN connection instead of wifi. I was able to replace my stock 111K4 ROM using the instruction here and was thrilled to find the LAN connection working.

Then I did some speed tests using the speedtest.net app and found the results to be quite unexpected.

With the wifi, I was getting download speed of 20-26Mbps but with the LAN connection, I was only able to get a max of 6.6Mbps. My ethernet cable is connected from the MK808B+ to the router via a USB-Ethernet adapter. And my router is located just besides my MK808B+.

Is this performance normal? How can I boost the LAN performance?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Ihc I use speedchecker app which gives me a reliable indication of my download speed.
                                With Ethernet connection on a 40 Meg package I get an average of 36.5 Megs.
                                Hope this helps

Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X