Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for link....feel like a jack a** but how do we run this for it to load recovery image????dill

Comment

Originally posted by ver123 View Post

Thanks bluesmanuk!!
      My unit is Beelink R68, can this ROM works for it ???
      My unit is 1000M LAN, already verify.

You can only try it and find out for sure.

It seems to work on other variants of the RK3368.

The Beelink R68 is one of the newest of the line to come out following original manufacturing issues and doesn't seem to have an official ROM download available from Beelink yet but I would imagine that the core elements are the same.

I guess you can always wait for another R68 users to try it or for the official ROM to become available or dumped from an existing box.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by dillweed View Post
        thanks for link....feel like a jack a** but how do we run this for it to load recovery image????dill
        First you need to boot the box into recovery mode, connected to your PC.
        Then when you run the Android tool you select only the recovery tick box and then click in the fourth field along which will open up a browser window so that you can navigate to the TWRP .IMG file.

Then click the RUN button, which will flash the recovery image and reboot ready for it's use when required.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You can only try it and find out for sure.

It seems to work on other variants of the RK3368.

The Beelink R68 is one of the newest of the line to come out following original manufacturing issues and doesn't seem to have an official ROM download available from Beelink yet but I would imagine that the core elements are the same.

I guess you can always wait for another R68 users to try it or for the official ROM to become available or dumped from an existing box.
          I will try later and I will let you know. Thank so much !

Regards

Ver123

Comment

First you need to boot the box into recovery mode, connected to your PC.
            Then when you run the Android tool you select only the recovery tick box and then click in the fourth field along which will open up a browser window so that you can navigate to the TWRP .IMG file.

Then click the RUN button, which will flash the recovery image and reboot ready for it's use when required.
            tanks got it done but now there's no recovery, no twrp or any recovery when putting pin in reset hole and power on.....

Comment

tanks got it done but now there's no recovery, no twrp or any recovery when putting pin in reset hole and power on.....

Putting the pin into the reset hole gets you into bootloader mode.

Easiest way to test/get into recovery is to use an app such as the excellent Rebbot from Petrus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eboot&hl=en_GB

Comment

Putting the pin into the reset hole gets you into bootloader mode.

Easiest way to test/get into recovery is to use an app such as the excellent Rebbot from Petrus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eboot&hl=en_GB
                thank you.....new that but just a little brain dead today....lol will give that app a go.....

Comment

k tried reboot app tried to get into recovery screen goes black than no signal on tv...maybe twrp does not play nice on Wasser's rom

Comment

k tried reboot app tried to get into recovery screen goes black than no signal on tv...maybe twrp does not play nice on Wasser's rom

It's possible.

You could try a request for an updated version on this thread.

Comment

Hello Wasser!!! I´m very happy with your amazing job with this firmware! A little question: when we will see a 64 bit firmware?

Comment

Well, finally I did install the rom for beelink i68 on my r68 ( 1000mb ), and additionally the wasser for kodi. the results are the following:

the r68 works good,
                        the ethernet prt is working again .
                        kodi does hdmi passtrough.
                        there's not dts hd ma passtrough, it seems that kodi sends only dts.

i hope soon a passtrough for dts hd ma and trued hd audio formats.

thanks to bluesmabuk for your tips and of course to wasser for the great job.

Comment

Thanks Bluesmanuk for your response regarding the Android tool 2.35. I am having the same results as dillweed. When rebboting to "Recovery" I too get a black screen. In fact the box (Tronsmart R68 meta Gb lan) goes into bootloader mode! I guess we will have to beg for an update to the TWRP img!

Comment

Originally posted by quincydog View Post

Thanks Bluesmanuk for your response regarding the Android tool 2.35. I am having the same results as dillweed. When rebboting to "Recovery" I too get a black screen. In fact the box (Tronsmart R68 meta Gb lan) goes into bootloader mode! I guess we will have to beg for an update to the TWRP img!
                            mine does not go into bootloader mode just no signal...are you on Masser's 3.1.2????

Comment

yes thanks bluesmanuk for your help and links......probably have to reflash rom to get stock recovery back.......or just wait....did post in that thread.......

Comment

mine does not go into bootloader mode just no signal...are you on Masser's 3.1.2????
                                Hi,
                                Yes I was on Wassers new Rom. I Got a black screen, but when OTG (micro USB) was connected to my computer with Android Tool running it showed up as "One Loader Found" or something like that.
                                I have since reflashed the latest stock firmware. Then installed TWRP. It does work with the stock firmware. But I did have to try to get into recovery several times with no success. I reflashed TWRP again before it seemed to actually work! Perhaps I screwed up...Who Knows?
                                I will try Wassers Rom again soon to give it a proper test, also will try the recovery install again just to see if it works (?)

Comment

Working...
                                X