X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glouds
    replied
    What happens if i put Wasser ROM on Tronsmart R68 100M version (the first bulk that came out with 100M Ethernet and not the new Gigabit model) ?

Leave a comment:

• asafr28
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    My feedback: for 3.1.2

Smooth UI and general fluidity of usage although when selecting apps to swipe off the screen there can be quite a delay before seeing them appear at times.

WiFi/Ethernet speeds as for the stock ROM.

Youtube/OGYoutube 1080p not good. Continual stutter which is not really watchable. Youtube Kodi addon works very well though up to 720p.

SPDIF playback works with 5.1 and DTS through MX Player and Internal video player and so far unable to find any flaws at all.

MX Player does seem to have issues with HEVC .TS files though, where there is major lag (no such problem in Kodi)

Kodi 15.1 RC1/16 Alpha 2/15.1 Wasser works well on the whole. SPDIF passthrough with 5.1/DTS still an issue with only the odd second of sound every few seconds(PCM/AAC all fine though). Frame rate switching, although working, is very slow to change in 15.1 RC1 and 15.1 Wasser which means losing a second or two of the initial video and audio.

Colour reproduction, although very good is not quite as good as I see on RK3288 and most noticeable in iPlayer where the picture can look very flat and almost cartoonish, so ideally, some contrast, brightness controls would be useful.
    I am agree with u about the colors
    I have tronsmart r28 and r68 and i flashed wasser rom
    And its missing the video advanced settings like brightness contrast.
    In the stock rom these settings are exist
    Pls fix it wasser andtnx for the rom!

Leave a comment:

• N900GL
    replied
    BeeLink R68 (GigE) Question: Can It Run Wasser Firmware?

Hi, I am a first time poster and long time reader of the Wasser RK3288 firmware for Beelink/Tronsmart units section of Freakstab. I used Wasser's 2.02 - 2.09A firmware on my RK3288 Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta (2/16 GB) for about a year successfully. Many thanks to Wasser!

A few days ago picked-up a RK3368 based Beelink R68 (GigE + external antenna + metal enclosure + 2/16 GB) from Amazon ( http://bee-link.com/beelink-product/Beelink-R68-Smart-Android-TV-Box.html ). Not the Beelink i68 which came out first, is in plastic box, has 10/100 Ethernet, and is also based on the RK3368 - and is the twin of the Tronsmart R68.

I am now running a large 4K Samsung HU9000 Series and the old Tronsmart RK3288 units was having some strange video and audio issues when I set the old Tronsmart box above 1920 by 1020P. The new Beelink seems very nice, and has no problems that I can detect so far running at 4K @60hz.

One major issue for me is that the Beelink has a 2.5GB of application partition limitation, which isn't going to work for me. You would think if you buy a unit with 16GB, maybe the manufacturer could give you at least 6-8GB or a flexible partition for Apps?

I would like to make the switch from the Beelink factory firmware to Wasser firmware - Can I switch to the "Wasser Firmware for Beelink/Tronsmart R68 (Lollipop)" on the Beelink R68 (GigE)? The original post says this firmware is for the Tronsmart R68 or Beelink i68, but what about the new Beelink R68? Has anybody done this successfully. I would hate to brick the new box.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by N900GL; 12-06-2015, 04:56.

Leave a comment:

• Deviner
    replied
    Anyone else have major issues with stuttering in HD videos?
    I'm thinking it may be down to AC3 or DTS possibly but I'm not sure.

I can play SD fine but HD is jerky as hell.

I've tried it through Plex, which normally transcodes fine over wifi from the server, and I've also tried it using MX Player.
    Same result on both.

Leave a comment:

• google99
    replied
    Thanks Neomode,

what is different ! wifi but with other firmware it works properly (ENY/CR18S/ZIDOO/Z4) but not with TRONSMART/BEELINK.
    Can you give me the link to your rom because the one i have seems to be for MK902II ?

Thank you.
    Google99

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Cpu yes but the rest is different. You can try my Rom.
    Look for Neomode Source Rom MK902II.
    It is Android 5.1.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem CW-Hi8-super mit Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• google99
    replied
    The ROM is not for Rikomagic devices.

Hardware seems to be the same, no ?

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by google99 View Post
    Hello i have a MKM RK3368 when i install your rom i have a LED that start to blue 5 second then stop and become RED and the boot does not start. Any idea ?
    The ROM is not for Rikomagic devices.

Leave a comment:

• google99
    replied
    Hello i have a MKM RK3368 when i install your rom i have a LED that start to blue 5 second then stop and become RED and the boot does not start. Any idea ?

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vijayk416 View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone please highlight why the Wasser OS is superior to the latest stock version that comes out of the box fro Tronsmart? I am running the Tronsmart as is with very few issues.

Have a look at the first post where you can see the changelog of improvements made across each revision.

Leave a comment:

• vijayk416
    replied
    Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone please highlight why the Wasser OS is superior to the latest stock version that comes out of the box fro Tronsmart? I am running the Tronsmart as is with very few issues.

Leave a comment:

• molove
    replied
    Does this firmware run on the 10/100 ethernet R68?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• tekno4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    You notice they didnt reply re marshmallow as it won't be on this device for 6 to 8 months if even possible from kernel issues same reason lollipop took 12 monyhs😆 If it wasn't for people like Wasser you wouldn't even have lollipop as manufactures have to wait for base release from chipset manufactures. That process is long and painful as most company's don't ask for help or provide feed back to Devs.

All i can say to you is wowsers... maybe you could help everyone out by clicking on the link and providing constructive feedback to in Tronsmart's forum so that we can get better features and firmware on their next RK68 firmware release which by the way was 5.1.1 from day 1 of the box being released.

Leave a comment:

• Ad0
    replied
    Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    If it wasn't for people like Wasser you wouldn't even have lollipop as manufactures have to wait for base release from chipset manufactures. That process is long and painful as most company's don't ask for help or provide feed back to Devs.
    I sort of agree, but it's a two edged sword. You will have 3rd party developers updating noname android boxes, and it turns into those hit or miss science project boxes which work half of the time. If nobody else than the manufacturers themselves worked on them, they might have put in some effort, or they will have perished.

All these cheapo noname chinese boxes look great on the paper, but honestly, 3rd party software is like life support :P The manufacturers should get their shit together, and release firmware through OTA and not on that idiotic "Baidu" site which nobody outside China can access. First version of the original firmware is usually crap, and people have to go to specialized forums like this to get some kind of a response, and proper software, which STILL won't fix the most glaring problems like stuttering etc.

My advice: Save up some money and buy a box from a respectable brand.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    If it wasn't for people like Wasser you wouldn't even have lollipop as manufactures have to wait for base release from chipset manufactures. That process is long and painful as most company's don't ask for help or provide feed back to Devs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X