No announcement yet.

Nextbook 7 Premium #0811 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 By Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, odd that my ROM and the stock ROM would have a difference. All I did was root it and convert /system /data and /cache to EXT4. So nothing video wise should have changed. However that could be the reason is that the 0811 has a slower processor and cant handle EXT4.

OK re: getting google play installed. I was helping Gerry when Google Play was born vs the old Market. I dont think he was ever successful getting Play to run as user apps. Some just have to be in /system/app /system/etc/permissions and /system/framework. I know vending.apk will run as a user app though as that is how Google upgrades the market. Bot there is more to is than vending.apk.

So with that said when you say you rooted the stock ROM. Did you make system as RW? Or is it still RO cramfs as this will be key to telling you how to get the market installed.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Hi, odd that my ROM and the stock ROM would have a difference. All I did was root it and convert /system /data and /cache to EXT4. So nothing video wise should have changed. However that could be the reason is that the 0811 has a slower processor and cant handle EXT4.

OK re: getting google play installed. I was helping Gerry when Google Play was born vs the old Market. I dont think he was ever successful getting Play to run as user apps. Some just have to be in /system/app /system/etc/permissions and /system/framework. I know vending.apk will run as a user app though as that is how Google upgrades the market. Bot there is more to is than vending.apk.

So with that said when you say you rooted the stock ROM. Did you make system as RW? Or is it still RO cramfs as this will be key to telling you how to get the market installed.

Bob
      Hey Bob Turns Out that Superoneclick I used didn't realy Root the system..
      And for kicks I tried out our 1.4 rom again and The same thing started happening how ever I Figured out that it was Google Play auto updated Flash Player to Version 11 and seems like Version 11 Dosen't work very well with this tab!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlifeelf View Post
        Hey Bob Turns Out that Superoneclick I used didn't realy Root the system..
        And for kicks I tried out our 1.4 rom again and The same thing started happening how ever I Figured out that it was Google Play auto updated Flash Player to Version 11 and seems like Version 11 Dosen't work very well with this tab!
        That my friend is absolutly correct! Flash 11 DO NOT UPGRADE TO! This is a known issue with all the Nextbook tabs. In fact I may have a fix for that later

Do you need the 10.3 Flash link? I can give it to you and you can uninstall flash 11 and go back. However... thats not clean.. FLash frags your NAND so really it is better to reflash and stay at 10.3

Let me know if I can help...

Bob

Comment

That my friend is absolutly correct! Flash 11 DO NOT UPGRADE TO! This is a known issue with all the Nextbook tabs. In fact I may have a fix for that later

Do you need the 10.3 Flash link? I can give it to you and you can uninstall flash 11 and go back. However... thats not clean.. FLash frags your NAND so really it is better to reflash and stay at 10.3

Let me know if I can help...

Bob
          Thanks Finless I would Link the 10.3 for anyone eles whome might want it but for me I'll just reflash again.. I your Titanium Backup so No problem for me..
          Thanks for everything
          Looking forward to

Comment

OK no problem... realize one thing please... Flash can put crap on your SDcard too... usually in an adobe folder. So after uninstall please delete that! It also leaves trash all over the place like the dalvic-cache. So uninstalling really does not do a good job of cleaning the crap from your system that is left over. So again I leave this up to you. Your mileage may very on how you use this.

Here is the link to Flash 10.3.x that we all know works well on the Nextbook.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...=flash10_3.zip

Bob

Comment

Nextbook 7 Premium #0811 Custom ROM By Finless Version 2.0 ?

Thanks Bob and yeah I am looking forward to ...
              Cheers ... Colin

Comment

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but any word on if a 1.5 is coming for the 0811? I have 1.4 running just fine, and I'm trying to repurpose the thing somehow to avoid the trash heap... just thought I'd see if a 1.5 was coming before I started any work.

Thanks for making a relatively useless hunk of plastic something I can actually USE

Comment

Actually I am looking to port my Gingercomb ROM to all my tablets I have made ROMs for. Unfortunatly your in a small group of people that come here like once a month

But if you stay and bug me enough.... I will do a ROM beta test for you

See this post for what "GingerComb" is all about... TOTALLY changes this RK29 crappy gingerbread into something usable! It is not at all the same ROM. In fact I know people that like it over the iPAD

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

I just need the right arm twisting to do it for the first time on a nextbook! But it seems with the new nextbooks now having ICS and the ROMs I made from them working on most older nextbooks.... NO ONE CARES about my Gingercomb

I do know this... "GingerComb" is peaked and tweaked for 512 memory and the ICS that is out for Nextbook... SUCKS performance wise in my opinion!!!! ICS is a memory hog and unless you have 1MB of RAM... it SUCKS you dry!

Like every new OS that comes out... It expects more recent hardware..... Anything else is a condum wrapped around a POS.....

So... now that I am off my ICS Soapbox..... Any Nextbook users want a OS that doesnt suck?

Bob

Comment

ICS is great on my Samsung GS2... It's candy on the S3 that a few friends of mine picked up. This Next? Forget it... You are right about the RAM issue. Not NEARLY enough to run ICS on.

Now, that Gingercomb you have cooked up there... That looks epic. LOVE the reskinned notification bar. I've been a HUGE fan of CWM since I flashed it to my old Galaxy Apollo back when... so that part makes me happy.

I'm sure that most folk with the old Next tabs have replaced them, and with the Nexus 7 coming in at 200 bux, I'll be grabbign one myself soon, but I just hate seeing good equipment go to waste. This one will probably go to my daughter, or maybe step-daughter.... Still be sweet to have a better rom on it...If you get any other interest, then by all means, but don't go out of your way for just one guy - hardly worth it for an older slower unit....

Comment

Originally posted by zarin1480 View Post
                      ICS is great on my Samsung GS2... It's candy on the S3 that a few friends of mine picked up. This Next? Forget it... You are right about the RAM issue. Not NEARLY enough to run ICS on.

Now, that Gingercomb you have cooked up there... That looks epic. LOVE the reskinned notification bar. I've been a HUGE fan of CWM since I flashed it to my old Galaxy Apollo back when... so that part makes me happy.

I'm sure that most folk with the old Next tabs have replaced them, and with the Nexus 7 coming in at 200 bux, I'll be grabbign one myself soon, but I just hate seeing good equipment go to waste. This one will probably go to my daughter, or maybe step-daughter.... Still be sweet to have a better rom on it...If you get any other interest, then by all means, but don't go out of your way for just one guy - hardly worth it for an older slower unit....
                      Sheesh man.... Tablets are going to be hopping out so fast this year.... NO ONE will be able to keep up with the ever growing specs!

See this post I made today:
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...siness-Sectors

Apple needs to watch out! China and Taiwan know this market is RIPE and Android unlike iOS 5 is RIPE for the pickings!

I am telling you now, anything you buy next week will be so outdated in 4 months.... Might as well wait 4 months! This Android Tablet thing is going to be huge my friend. So use what you have as best you can and wait! If your a hard core "gotta have the latest" fine. Got the bucks... go for it! But if you can get more out of what you have for now..... Why not!

In 5 years from now this will all settle down a lot. But for the next 2 years... this is going to grow so rapidly that it will be like the early 2000's with PC graphic cards and a new HOTTER version coming out every 3 months!

Again read the article and link I posted above..... Wall Street will SUCK all this up trust me!

Bob

Comment

Sheesh man.... Tablets are going to be hopping out so fast this year.... NO ONE will be able to keep up with the ever growing specs!

[snip]

I am telling you now, anything you buy next week will be so outdated in 4 months.... Might as well wait 4 months! This Android Tablet thing is going to be huge my friend. So use what you have as best you can and wait! If your a hard core "gotta have the latest" fine. Got the bucks... go for it! But if you can get more out of what you have for now..... Why not!
                        Agreed... Tablets and cell phones are moving fast. The S2 was still a hot ticket item, and selling faster than the iPhone when the S3 came out. And that is just one company. HTC has some cutting edge handsets on the market as well, with new ones already in the pipe.

I'm liking the Google Nexus 7 for a few reasons. Slimmed down hardware without cutting corners. ie. no rear facing camera (seriously, who wants to use a tablet to take pictures?) is one. The fact that it's pure Google is jst perfect. No carrier bloat, no manufacturer sludge.. just Android. It's not by any stretch the best hardware on the market, but in my current position, it fits the bill perfectly, save for the lack of MicroSD. Sailing for a living, I'll be at sea for 4 months this fall. Tablet would be ideal for a small cabin. Take and make notes using a BT keyboard, watch movies in bed, etc. And the timing is right. Buy it in a month, and still have 8 months warranty when I get home

Comment

The nexus 7 is a compromise... IT DOESNT EVEN have SDcard support!
                          This thing is an over priced piece of OLD hardware! It is a marketing ploy to use up old hardware! Please DON'T buy the hipe!

It is like the kindle Fire... Still priced at $199 but WAY over priced for what it is... You would do yourself better to wait or investigate the new stuff coming out that is not marketed in the US. Believe it or not, the latest Tablets hit other world markets LONG before they hit the US. This is because of our old slow distribution systems that do not allow us to turn products every 3 months!

A prime example. The Pandigital 9.7" tablet in October of last year was $200. Now it is on sale at Walmart or biglots for $19 bucks!!!! The Nexus is OLD hardware being marketed to the US because there is "excess" of inventory and they are trying to make the best money they can. That thing is year old tech dude... trust me! Serach what is coming out of China today to other countries other than the US!

They are using the US to sell old hardware because the market in the US is BEHIND what the rest of the world is getting! They are trying to get every BUCK they can until the product is dead... The USA buyers are SUCKERS..... They are buying it because they can walk into Walmart and get it! 2 months later it will be 1/100th the price because they have to get rid of it or throw it away! DON'T be a USA sucker of the China system of distribution in the USA!

My opinion.

Bob

Comment

Actually I am looking to port my Gingercomb ROM to all my tablets I have made ROMs for. Unfortunatly your in a small group of people that come here like once a month

See this post for what "GingerComb" is all about... TOTALLY changes this RK29 crappy gingerbread into something usable! It is not at all the same ROM. In fact I know people that like it over the iPAD

I just need the right arm twisting to do it for the first time on a nextbook! But it seems with the new nextbooks now having ICS and the ROMs I made from them working on most older nextbooks.... NO ONE CARES about my Gingercomb

I do know this... "GingerComb" is peaked and tweaked for 512 memory and the ICS that is out for Nextbook... SUCKS performance wise in my opinion!!!! ICS is a memory hog and unless you have 1MB of RAM... it SUCKS you dry!

Like every new OS that comes out... It expects more recent hardware..... Anything else is a condum wrapped around a POS.....

So... now that I am off my ICS Soapbox..... Any Nextbook users want a OS that doesnt suck?

Bob
                            Hi Bob,

Thank you for your continuous effort. Your 0811 rom was a great help for me!
                            I did try your Ice cream sandwich rom and I do really love it. The interface is so nice and response is so good. However, the wifi issue obstructed me from using it.

This GingerCom looks very nice too. Hope you can make a rom for us.

One thing worth to mention. The official rom update available form Nextbookusa.com is working in my 0811 tablet now. Previously, no version was suitable for my tablet. BUT, I can't use the Google apps (market, youtube) after ADB install. All apps crashed. I think they modifiy the rom so that no google apps are allowed. Correct me if I was wrong.

Regards,
                            Rstako

Comment

Bob
                              Hey Bob!
                              I want an Os that doesn't suck lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlifeelf View Post
                                Hey Bob!
                                I want an Os that doesn't suck lol
                                Yea.... you and everyone else

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X