X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treyparker
    replied
    Originally posted by astateofmind View Post

Later edit: i played with so many kernel sources and configs that i have no idea what i've done ... but last ko i built is working!!!! YAY!!
    Hi, do you by chance remember what sources/configs you've used in the process? I've managed to boot this thing up on my HD18q MXQ box, but naturally neither wi-fi or ethernet are working, so I guess I now have to figure out how to compile an 8188eu module myself.

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    One more thing: it looks like in my case setting cpu freq to performance from on demand improved a bit the performance.

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    Unzip and copy the file in /lib/modules/3.10.70/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

run depmod -a && modprobe 8723bs

if you get no error you should add it to be loaded at boot ( /etc/modules iirc)

Here it is (let me know if it works for you):

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...0f4d8a14b87e28
    Last edited by astateofmind; 10-30-2015, 18:05.

Leave a comment:

• mwp1
    replied
    Yes, I would appreciate the rtl8723bs module.

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    Well, at least it works, but a bit slow (network and device) and now it overheats and crashes ... i need to apply a cooling solution.

I need it for a rather basic task: start in chrome and open a page with an application without any intervention. It does that but the application kills it ... too cpu intensive ...

I will try with another sdcard to see if a fresh image without all the crazy stuff i did would not overheat.

If anyone needs the module for rtl8723bs let me know, i will upload it somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    Damn, it's sooo slow
    LOL...So much work\time on these small devices. Maybe we should just stick to recommending USB\ethernet adapters.

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    Damn, it's sooo slow

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    Originally posted by mailkit View Post

You can dont need to update kernel per say. If you have precompiled module, just load it to the existing kernel or compile only the realtek driver.

I posted a tutorial here for start
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ck-mk808b-plus

let me know if you can start or else I will post more eloborate tutorial
    That's what i need: the precompiled module for my card/kernel. I tried to use the one from openelec but it will not modrobe. I tried to compile one for arm arch but i get the same error:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert '8723bs': Exec format error

Used linux-headers-3.10.70-74 headers to compile. Tried linux-amlogic source too.

Later edit: i played with so many kernel sources and configs that i have no idea what i've done ... but last ko i built is working!!!! YAY!!

Everything working ok now, thanks a lot

PS: I have no idea how to replace the kernel in the boot.img
    Last edited by astateofmind; 10-26-2015, 23:52.

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    Originally posted by mrb1090 View Post
    Curious if anyone has Bluetooth working on the MK808B Plus running Linux MiniPC's port? If so, a few pointers would be much appreciated.

Also, discovered different version of the device floating run. SW loaded fine on Tronsmart byt not on a non-name clone...(M201 vs M202?)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

That BT usb adapter is working perfectly. I have Dualshock 4 playstation controller working with trackpad as a mouse It's called "ds4drv" ( https://github.com/chrippa/ds4drv ) ...there is also a pop-up virtual keyboard that works perfectly called "onBoard" ( http://ubuntuguide.net/onboardenable...r-ubuntu-gnome ). So I can kick back on the couch and turn the TV on...Linux boots without login...then you can turn on the DS4 controller and completely operate linux from the couch. The virtual keyboard pops up any time there is text to enter. Its really awesome!

Leave a comment:

• mrb1090
    replied
    Curious if anyone has Bluetooth working on the MK808B Plus running Linux MiniPC's port? If so, a few pointers would be much appreciated.

Also, discovered different version of the device floating run. SW loaded fine on Tronsmart byt not on a non-name clone...(M201 vs M202?)

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    I have tested this release from a 90+Mbps SD-Card and it is so much better. Load times are 1\2.

Still working on the sleeping wifi issue ...

Leave a comment:

• mailkit
    replied

Where from?

2 problems i have so far:

1. Resolution is 1080 but the desktopmanager is still displaying at 720 - leaving a big part of the screen black - how can i extend it to fill the whole screen?
    2. No wifi - realtek rtl8723bs - is there a way to update the kernel for this? to 3.19 something
    You can dont need to update kernel per say. If you have precompiled module, just load it to the existing kernel or compile only the realtek driver.

I posted a tutorial here for start

let me know if you can start or else I will post more eloborate tutorial

Leave a comment:

• astateofmind
    replied
    Originally posted by kröbi View Post
    Solution for MK808B +with ap6212 and no wifi :

I sticked AVM FRITZ! WLAN in USB-Port and
    got linux-firmware_1.127.15_all.deb on USB-Stick and installed it in terminal with sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite linux-......
    This worked for me.
    Where from?

2 problems i have so far:

1. Resolution is 1080 but the desktopmanager is still displaying at 720 - leaving a big part of the screen black - how can i extend it to fill the whole screen?
    2. No wifi - realtek rtl8723bs - is there a way to update the kernel for this? to 3.19 something
    Last edited by astateofmind; 10-24-2015, 00:22.

Leave a comment:

• mailkit
    replied
    It did not really work that well...it seemed to disconnect now and then (occasionally) ...is there a way we could use the odroid-c1+ image?

Leave a comment:

• sammaz
    replied
    Originally posted by mailkit View Post
    I think if someone can solve properly the Wi-fi issue permanently then having openelec on nand and ubuntu on sd-card is perfect
    Maybe we can just include your script :

nmcli nm sleep false
    killall wpa_supplicant

and make a new release with the script included. Has this fix worked for you or did you continue to see wifi drop out after running it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X