Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stable ROM for MXV S805

Friends,
    I recently uncovered a stable rom for MXV (pufangda_s805 or PFD_S805) device. I loaded it and so far found it to be quite good. Its quite stable. Everything working just fine.

It has Kodi 15.2 rc1 that works just fine without any issues. Miracast app is also working fine. I also tried wifi and bluetooth and both are working flawlessly.

Edit: I found 1 small issue - audio over bluetooth is a bit out of sync which is annoying. Trying to find solution to this issue now.
    Update: Audio out of sync is not bluetooth but Kodi/MX Player/VLC Player issue. When I play the same video using default video player then it plays just fine,

Another problem that I found is that I cant turn on the box using remote when its shutdown. I need to press the power button on top to power on the device.

Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQfhG5c
    Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwN...p=docslist_api

Edit: Latest version now available: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWy4sZM
    Note: This version has a bug - system will reboot when you try to shut it down. Also I faced random video freeze issues at times.

Root instructions:
    You need a wired mouse to use with TWRP (my wireless mouse didnt work).

1. Download following 2 files and copy them to your sdcard (dont create any folders on your sdcard- copy files on the root)
    a. recovery.img (twrp): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwNQ...p=docslist_api
    b. Supersu.apk: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwNQ...p=docslist_api
    2. Insert sdcard into sd card slot of the device.
    3. Power on your device while pressing reset button at the bottom of device. Release reset button once you enter recovery. Now here's a catch (atleast with my device) - I have noticed that this device (MXV) shuts down as soon as custom recovery is about to be booted if you leave the power button. To prevent the device from getting shutdown you need to keep pressing the power button (quite annoying ). This is a tough part - make sure you are not letting go that power button in the middle of installation process).
    4. Your custom recovery will be booted (TWRP). It wont be in full screen mode but it will not create any problems.
    5. Select install zip and then select Su apk.
    6. Su will be installed and then reboot the device.
    7. You have a rooted device now!

Make sure to remove your sd card after you root your device else it'll keep on getting powerd off trying to load custom recovery (atleast in my case it behaves like this).
    Last edited by mystguy; 12-28-2015, 18:13.

i am not able to register on baidu , always error, can u upload on mega or other cloud services? many thanks
    wbr

Comment

Good Day,

I would like to have the firmware as well.

Thanks

Comment

uploading on google drive.. will post the link soon.

I found 1 small issue - audio over bluetooth is a bit out of sync which is annoying. Trying to find solution to this issue now.

Comment

Hello Mystguy,

can u upload on other cloud services and please instruction on how to install the update.

Thank you

Comment

sorry for the delay guys.. here's the link

you will need a USB male to male cable and need to update using usb burning tool

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks it works!

Comment

Are you MXV owners finding it to be a good budget box?

Comment

it is a good box but with crappy firmware inside. with this latest firmware I found it to be quite good. you can go ahead with it

Comment

Hello everyone! By doing some research I found out that the MXQ remote works with this firmware.

Comment

are you able to turn on the box using remote when fully shutdown?

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                        it is a good box but with crappy firmware inside. with this latest firmware I found it to be quite good. you can go ahead with it

Thanks for the feedback. Is it rooted?

Comment

no.. its not rooted but you can root it easily. It takes only few minutes (boot with TWRP recovery on SD card and then install Su apk).

Comment

Greetings to all and thanks to mystguy for the post as ive tried for days,hrs on end on thus subject and got nowhete and was very close to giving up when i stumbled iver this and to my amazement and full credit to you it works great!!!..if i may ask could you please send me what you believe to be the best TWRP and Root for the MXV and prefered method to apply it and i would truly be in your debt for that!again well done!!!thanks mate

Comment

1st post updated with root instructions and mirror link to the rom.

Comment

Working...
                              X