No announcement yet.

i68 TV BOX 1000Mbps ethernet LAN Firmware Upgrade--16th October , 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this! I loaded a firmware that was not compatible with my wifi/bluetooth and gave me functionality back. I have the beelink "ione" i68. Advertised as 100mbit, but my routing table showed 1000mbit conneciton so this worked great. Could you by any chance include the softkeyboard hidden when a wireless keyboard is connected? As for smoothness, i'll be testing it out through the week, My main goal of this box is to run games and netflix. I'll be connecting two ps3 controllers (bluetooth) to see how much i can push this box.

Comment

Good day / evening together,

I got the * Beelink i68 TV Box 4K 1000M Ethernet at Gearbest - EU (2GB + 8GB) * BLACK ordered, my question; If the current software (update_I68G_204L1202) with the EU version (I do not know if only the power plug has been adjusted ..) compatible, and English and / or German language available?
      Can I assume that it really is around 1000 Lan Box at Gearbest, and therefore compatible with the above-mentioned software is, knows someone?
      Many thanks.

Comment

go to Settings > About Device

if the Model Number says "I68G" .... then it's the "Gigabit" Version (that's what the "G" means)

So, if it says "I86G" then firmware ... update_I68G_204L1202 is the correct one

Also .... if the "Vender software version" (in Settings > About Device) says "201L, 202L or 203L" then update_I68G_204L1202 is the correct one to use

if it says 100L , then you're outta luck

P.S. i bought my Beelink i68 from Banggood China ... it came supplied with the power plug adaptor for Australia (where i live)
        Last edited by JoeySmyth; 11-08-2015, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by BewickPlace View Post
          I have a i68 TV Box, 1000Mbps and successfully installed the latest firmware using the Rockchip tool. The biggest problem I had was finding the correct driver for Windows 8.1 to recognise the device in bootloader mode. This caused each attempt to flash to fail and the box to reboot. I didn't solve that, but used one of my Windows 7 systems which worked first time.

I note that on this version Power Off has been removed. On my original firmware on the box (201L), which came from GearBest, power off seemed to work and it's a feature I would like to see re-enabled. I haven't fully validated Digital Audio passthrough as I'm waiting on the next release of Archos Video Player.

It would be good to hear which apps are preferred for TV Box operation.

Cheers, BP.

I am making steady progress with this box, slowly finding apps that will eventually replace my Windows Media Center setup, but very frustrated I can't install and run the full AndroidTV apps.

I came across another issue with the SPDIF passthrough. Whilst I reported this as working, I find that there are compatibility issues with the output stream. I have a $20 Digital Sound Decoder where both DTS and AC3 work, but my main Sony STR-DB930 Receiver will detect & identify the sound on it's optical interfaces, but I get no actual sound.

I find this strange given that it is supposed to be "passthrough" and the exact same files played on my WMC play perfectly with the amp. I guess there must be some form of "repackaging" of the audio stream that must be done that doesn't meet the Sony requirement.

I've googled and have found similar instances between Android boxes and theDB930 and other receivers of correct stream identification but lack of audio, but no consistent fix.

Regardless I feel we still have a bug in this area - how do we get this feedback to the Beelink ROM developers?

Comment

Did you enable SPDIF output in Android Settings ?

Settings > Sound & notification > Sound Devices Manager > Spdif Passthrough

And then or course configure Passthrough in whatever media player software you use eg. Kodi, MXPlayer (don't select HW+ because that won't work) etc etc

Comment

ok Thx, Is in the update (update_I68G_204L1202) can be changed to German?

Comment

Sure ,, just go to your Android Settings > Language & Input

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post
                  Sure ,, just go to your Android Settings > Language & Input
                  Thank you very much, then everything will hopefully run after the update. can I use instead of USB and micro-SD to update?

Comment

Originally posted by Reflexion View Post
                    Thank you very much, then everything will hopefully run after the update. can I use instead of USB and micro-SD to update?
                    No .. USB / Micro SD are not used in the firmware update procedure.

Firmware update requires you connect the i86 box to your PC via an OTG cable

more info here ....

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...824#post535824

Comment

HI someone can help me my vendor software version 101L1 i cant install this firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by melvin96 View Post
                        i cant install this firmware?
                        What's the problem ? what are you doing and what is happening ? More info required.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

What's the problem ? what are you doing and what is happening ? More info required.
                          my vendor software version 101L1 the process is done well but when i power on it get stuck in the google tv logo i dont know what im doing wrong thanks for the help

Comment

I dunno why it's "stuck" on the logo screen ... but just a few thoughts

1. This thread is discussing the 1000Mbps version .... 101L1 Firmware is for the 100Mbps, i hoped you double checked your device and firmware before the flashing procedure ?
                            2. Maybe try the Reset Hole on the back of the Device (use a paperclip to press it)
                            3. Maybe try Reflashing it again ?

Sorry, can't really think of anything else ? .... I've flashed my Beelink i86 1000Mbps twice since owning it, never had any "boot" issues after flashing

Comment

Working...
                            X